• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi everyone,

I created a new button for creating a task, 'Log a Call', located in the Contact object. The button works well, it is opening the New Task window, but the problem is that it is not pre-populating the Related To and Name fields with the name of the contact and account. Here is the button:

/00T/e?title&who_id={!Contact.Id}&what_id={!Account.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Call&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}

Can you let me know how we could achieve that? It would be awesome to be able to prepopulate the fields, the same it is doing when clicking on the 'Log a Call' action under the Activities related list in the contact layout.

PS. We are making the transition to Lightning, which is why I am asking this.

Thank you lots!

Hi everyone,

I converted a JavaScript button to Lightning and although the button does its job, it is behaving differently. It is a 'Sync with Pardot' button that takes the information from Pardot and brings it to Salesforce and vice-versa, to make sure that the most up-to-date info is present in both.

The Classic button looks like this:
window.location = 'https://pi.pardot.com/prospect/sync/email/{!Contact.Email}?contact_id={!Contact.Id}&sessionid={!$Api.Session_ID}&serverurl={!$Api.Partner_Server_URL_90}&redirect_location='+window.location

The user that clicks on this button only sees that the page refreshes and they can carry on with their job.

The one converted to Lightning with the tool that SF provides is this:
https://pi.pardot.com/prospect/sync/email/{!Contact.Email}?contact_id={!Contact.Id}&sessionid={!$Api.Session_ID}&serverurl={!$Api.Partner_Server_URL_90}&redirect_location='+window.location

The problem with the Lightning one is that it opens a new tab with a Pardot page with this URL being displayed: https://pi.pardot.com/%27+window.location. Of course, the user would just have to close the tab (the sync with Pardot is performed without issues), but it would be a major disruption in the process, since some users could be confused by the new tab that opens and does not close.

Can you let me know what edits should be brought to the Lightning button to make it work like the classic one? Or at least to not open an unusable tab anymore.

Thank you lots!!

Paul

Hi everyone,

In order to have the Global Actions open in the center of the page instead of the standard bottom right side, do I need to build a Custom Lightning Component for it? If so, can you let me know what would be the steps for it and what I should keep in mind for this? I have experience with the Admin side, but close to none in terms of the developer side.
Thank you lots,
Paul

Hi everyone,

I created a new button for creating a task, 'Log a Call', located in the Contact object. The button works well, it is opening the New Task window, but the problem is that it is not pre-populating the Related To and Name fields with the name of the contact and account. Here is the button:

/00T/e?title&who_id={!Contact.Id}&what_id={!Account.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Call&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}

Can you let me know how we could achieve that? It would be awesome to be able to prepopulate the fields, the same it is doing when clicking on the 'Log a Call' action under the Activities related list in the contact layout.

Thank you lots!

Hi everyone,

Thank you lots!

Hi everyone,

In order to have the Global Actions open in the center of the page instead of the standard bottom right side, do I need to build a Custom Lightning Component for it? If so, can you let me know what would be the steps for it and what I should keep in mind for this? I have experience with the Admin side, but close to none in terms of the developer side.
Thank you lots,
Paul