• 5 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In Spring 16 release there is new feature introduced "Update Fields on Converted Leads".

Once a Lead is converted, the data is only accessible in a read-only fashion via the Converted Leads report. But now from what I read in the link below, users with specified permissions can update fields and picklist values on Leads already converted.
http://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring16/release-notes/rn_sales_leads_edit_converted_leads.htm?edition=&impact=

So I went through the steps outlined in the salesforce release notes above. I get stuck on step 4:

"4. Add the setting to your profiles. From Setup, enter Profiles in the Quick Find box, then select Profiles. Select the profile and then select Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation."

When I go the profiles section, I find the "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" but I can't select the checkbox. Please help.
I am trying to create functionality to make fields appear/dissapear based on which value is selected in a picklist field. I have an object in my salseforce called POLICIES (we are in the insurance business) and have a number of custom fields within that object. Instead of seeing all of the fields when I create a policy, I'd like to only see the fields that are relevent to the type of policy I am entering. For example, I have fields that are specifically related to HOME policies and fields specifically there for AUTO polcies. When I click on the dropdown in my piclist field for POLICY TYPE, I'd like only the fields that are related to an AUTO polict to appear. I contacted salesforce premier and was told that I could accomplish this in part with field dependencies. I am already utilizing this feature but it only greys out the fields that aren't relevent, it doesn't make them dissapear all together whchi is what I am after. I was told this was not an out of the box functinoality and to come to the visualforce/developer page for help so here I am. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Hi All,

I want to update the few fields of converted leads. So can you guys please help me and let me know how can update it. 

Thanks in advance
I am trying to create functionality to make fields appear/dissapear based on which value is selected in a picklist field. I have an object in my salseforce called POLICIES (we are in the insurance business) and have a number of custom fields within that object. Instead of seeing all of the fields when I create a policy, I'd like to only see the fields that are relevent to the type of policy I am entering. For example, I have fields that are specifically related to HOME policies and fields specifically there for AUTO polcies. When I click on the dropdown in my piclist field for POLICY TYPE, I'd like only the fields that are related to an AUTO polict to appear. I contacted salesforce premier and was told that I could accomplish this in part with field dependencies. I am already utilizing this feature but it only greys out the fields that aren't relevent, it doesn't make them dissapear all together whchi is what I am after. I was told this was not an out of the box functinoality and to come to the visualforce/developer page for help so here I am. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!