• 30 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When using the global search (Ctrl-H) feature of Eclipse, search results used to be reported in a tree format (one folder for each class of objects with one or more matches, similar to the subfolders of the src/ folder in the Package Explorer).

For some reason this no longer happens in my installation of Eclipse.  Instead each file is listed individually, sorted by file name (so different types of components are interspersed).

I have no idea what caused this change.  Anybody know how I can get back to the tree format of output?  I am running v35 of the force.com plugin on the Kepler release of Eclipse.
I'm trying to create a new force.com project in Eclipse accessing my Developer workspace. After filling in the project name / username / password /security token / environment and pressing Next, I get:

User-added image

I have no idea what this means.

There is nothing wrong with the Developer workspace, because I can create the same project on a different computer.

And I was able to create projects with the same credentials on the problem computer until I allowed an Eclipse update.  I have since blown away all of my projects/metadata as well as the Eclipse binary directory, downloaded and unzipped a fresh version of Eclipse 4.3, reinstalled the force.com IDE, and I still get the same result.

Can anybody help?
I understand how it is supposed to be done, but I can't make it work.  I have reduced it to the simplest case and still can't get an image to display.  What might I be doing wrong?

Here is the image in my Documents tab; id is 0153600000LS5v.
User-added image

Here is the simplest formula I can write:
User-added image
Field-level security for the formula is set to visible to all:
User-added image

But only the alternative text gets displayed:
User-added image

Is there any way to suppress/eliminate the Salutation portion of the Name field in the Contact object? The layout editor seems to only allow ypi tp specify Name as a whole, then when you choose that it imposes the following idiotic layout:
User-added image

This causes no end of confusions.  Its look like First Name is set to "**None** and that it is followed by a cryptic blank field (which many people give up on and just skip over).  Would it at least be possible to correctly label it as "Salutation" and put "the First Name" label before the actual First Name field??

I defined a Custom Settings table with API name IDs__c  to hold the field and record type identifiers I need when doing URL hacks to prepopulate new objects.  I used a List type for the IDs__c and "Managed" it to create a record containing all of the definitions.

Then I try to create a custom button that references one of these settings.  An example of a reference I try to use is:
      "{!$Setup.IDs__c.ADDR_Household__c}"

If such a reference appears within the definition and I click "Check Syntax", I get told "There was an error communicating with the server."  If I try to save the definition, I get told "An internal server error has occurred".

It doesn't matter if I use a simple URL definition (Behavior = Display in Existing Window) or JavaScript  (Behavior = Execute JavaScript).  I can even use the reference only within a string constant or in a JavaScript comment, and I get the same results.

Does anybody understand this?
When using the the salesforce GUI to define Custom Buttons and Formulas, is it possible to include comment lines within the code?
I've searched throughout salesforce and the web without finding anything other than references to it.
I am looking at some some detail page buttons that were coded by a long-gone Salesforce admin.

One is for behavior “Display in existing window without sidebar or header”, and the Button URL is defined as:

/{!$ObjectType.Contact}/e?
        CF00NU0000003Ibi4={!hhs__Households__c.Name}
        & CF00NU0000003Ibi4_lkid={!hhs__Households__c.Id}
        & CF00NU0000003IbiH={!hhs__Households__c.hhs__Screening_ID__c}
        & CF00NU0000003IbiH_lkid={!hhs__Households__c.hhs__Screening_IDId__c}
        & RecordType=012U0000000QB2I
        & retURL=/{!hhs__Households__c.Id}

Another is for behavior “Execute JavaScript”, and the OnClick Javascript is defined as:

window.location =
        "/{!$ObjectType.Contact}/e?
            00N1a000003CYdw={!Household__c.Name}
            & 00N1a000003CYe6={!Household__c.Id}
            & RecordType=0121a000000LHEw
            & retURL=/{!Household__c.Id}";

I am assuming that the long cryptic alphanumeric strings are field and record identifiers.

How were they arrived at, and how can I find out exactly what records/fields the refer to?

I'm trying to use the Salesforce IDE plug-in with Eclipse to transfer a project from a production organization to a Developer workspace.  I pulled the necessary components from the production organization to my PC, but the attempt to deploy it to my Developer workspace failed. Most of the errors are related to the Name standard field of the Contacts standard object.

I have to transfer Contacts because of the customizations done on it. Contacts has a standard field "Name", which is of data type Name.  It looks like this: 
User-added image

I cannot find any documentation of this data type (if only because "Name" is so common that I get a million hits), but as seen above it appears to be a structure with multiple fields.  The error messages I get all have to do with not finding the  "Middle Name" field on the deployment destination.Sure enough, I went to the GUI in my Developer account, examined the Contacts object, and the Name structure does not include a Middle Name field.

Why this discrepancy in a standard object between the two environments?  How can I get around it?   BTW, we have custom objects and fields that explicitly reference the Middle Name field, so I would get errors even if I did not try to transfer the customized Contacts object.
I'm trying to create a new force.com project in Eclipse accessing my Developer workspace. After filling in the project name / username / password /security token / environment and pressing Next, I get:

User-added image

There is nothing wrong with the Developer workspace, because I can create the same project on a different computer.

And I was able to create projects with the same credentials on the problem computer until I allowed an Eclipse update.  I have since blown away all of my projects/metadata as well as the Eclipse binary directory, downloaded and unzipped a fresh version of Eclipse 4.3, reinstalled the force.com IDE, and I still get the same result.

Can anybody help?
When using the global search (Ctrl-H) feature of Eclipse, search results used to be reported in a tree format (one folder for each class of objects with one or more matches, similar to the subfolders of the src/ folder in the Package Explorer).

For some reason this no longer happens in my installation of Eclipse.  Instead each file is listed individually, sorted by file name (so different types of components are interspersed).

I have no idea what caused this change.  Anybody know how I can get back to the tree format of output?  I am running v35 of the force.com plugin on the Kepler release of Eclipse.

User-added image

Can anybody help?
I understand how it is supposed to be done, but I can't make it work.  I have reduced it to the simplest case and still can't get an image to display.  What might I be doing wrong?

Here is the image in my Documents tab; id is 0153600000LS5v.
User-added image

Here is the simplest formula I can write:
User-added image
Field-level security for the formula is set to visible to all:
User-added image

But only the alternative text gets displayed:
User-added image

Is there any way to suppress/eliminate the Salutation portion of the Name field in the Contact object? The layout editor seems to only allow ypi tp specify Name as a whole, then when you choose that it imposes the following idiotic layout:
User-added image

This causes no end of confusions.  Its look like First Name is set to "**None** and that it is followed by a cryptic blank field (which many people give up on and just skip over).  Would it at least be possible to correctly label it as "Salutation" and put "the First Name" label before the actual First Name field??

I defined a Custom Settings table with API name IDs__c  to hold the field and record type identifiers I need when doing URL hacks to prepopulate new objects.  I used a List type for the IDs__c and "Managed" it to create a record containing all of the definitions.

Then I try to create a custom button that references one of these settings.  An example of a reference I try to use is:
      "{!$Setup.IDs__c.ADDR_Household__c}"

If such a reference appears within the definition and I click "Check Syntax", I get told "There was an error communicating with the server."  If I try to save the definition, I get told "An internal server error has occurred".

It doesn't matter if I use a simple URL definition (Behavior = Display in Existing Window) or JavaScript  (Behavior = Execute JavaScript).  I can even use the reference only within a string constant or in a JavaScript comment, and I get the same results.

Does anybody understand this?
When using the the salesforce GUI to define Custom Buttons and Formulas, is it possible to include comment lines within the code?
I am looking at some some detail page buttons that were coded by a long-gone Salesforce admin.

One is for behavior “Display in existing window without sidebar or header”, and the Button URL is defined as:

/{!$ObjectType.Contact}/e?
        CF00NU0000003Ibi4={!hhs__Households__c.Name}
        & CF00NU0000003Ibi4_lkid={!hhs__Households__c.Id}
        & CF00NU0000003IbiH={!hhs__Households__c.hhs__Screening_ID__c}
        & CF00NU0000003IbiH_lkid={!hhs__Households__c.hhs__Screening_IDId__c}
        & RecordType=012U0000000QB2I
        & retURL=/{!hhs__Households__c.Id}

Another is for behavior “Execute JavaScript”, and the OnClick Javascript is defined as:

window.location =
        "/{!$ObjectType.Contact}/e?
            00N1a000003CYdw={!Household__c.Name}
            & 00N1a000003CYe6={!Household__c.Id}
            & RecordType=0121a000000LHEw
            & retURL=/{!Household__c.Id}";

I am assuming that the long cryptic alphanumeric strings are field and record identifiers.

How were they arrived at, and how can I find out exactly what records/fields the refer to?

I'm trying to use the Salesforce IDE plug-in with Eclipse to transfer a project from a production organization to a Developer workspace.  I pulled the necessary components from the production organization to my PC, but the attempt to deploy it to my Developer workspace failed. Most of the errors are related to the Name standard field of the Contacts standard object.

I have to transfer Contacts because of the customizations done on it. Contacts has a standard field "Name", which is of data type Name.  It looks like this: 
User-added image

I cannot find any documentation of this data type (if only because "Name" is so common that I get a million hits), but as seen above it appears to be a structure with multiple fields.  The error messages I get all have to do with not finding the  "Middle Name" field on the deployment destination.Sure enough, I went to the GUI in my Developer account, examined the Contacts object, and the Name structure does not include a Middle Name field.

Why this discrepancy in a standard object between the two environments?  How can I get around it?   BTW, we have custom objects and fields that explicitly reference the Middle Name field, so I would get errors even if I did not try to transfer the customized Contacts object.