• Developer
  • Softsquare

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am having a related list button to which calls a visualforce page to override new record creation and prepopulate values.

With this vf page, I am having a apex controller that adds values to the fields by referring lkid in salesforce classic. I am trying to make it compatible with lightning.

But populating the fields based on lkid is not possible in Lightning.

So I have used Quick action to prepopulated the values.
But we cannot place the quick action in related list like we do in List button.

can anyone please suggest ways to prepopulate values using List button with visualforce page?

Hey,
     Could some one tell me how to get the link of the badges i earned and when will i receive email regarding Tshirt. I've completed a Admin begineer module and earned 9 badges by visiting this http://go.pardot.com/l/27572/2015-06-25/447clt . the last date for this is 31/7/2016. When i will receive mail for Tshirt?

i have a requirement like 
i need to have a custom detail button in every contact detail page. (I did this).
When i click that button it must go to my vf page and should list all accounts with select button in every account. (like detail page)
when i select any account, this account id must be assigned to the lookup field of contact name (Account). 
Create new button will be there in my vf page that should redirect to accout creation page when clicked.
Then a Default Account Button will be there in my vf page that create a new account with contact company name as a Account Name .
After this a popup must be open shows that click yes so it must be assigned to Contact Lookup field(Account) and redirect to vfpage with list all acounts(including newly created account) or click no to just redirect vf page shows list of accounts(including newly created account).
what controller i should use custom or standard with extensions?? for which object i should create controller??  

Could any body cleary explain why there is two email classes 1.Single email 2.Mass Email??
what is the use of Mass Email when we can sent our emails through single email class itself??

What is the exact limit of sending email??
for each execution
how many emails can we send in every org??
for how many users we can send in a single email??

i have a requirement like 
i need to have a custom detail button in every contact detail page. (I did this).
When i click that button it must go to my vf page and should list all accounts with select button in every account. (like detail page)
when i select any account, this account id must be assigned to the lookup field of contact name (Account). 
Create new button will be there in my vf page that should redirect to accout creation page when clicked.
Then a Default Account Button will be there in my vf page that create a new account with contact company name as a Account Name .
After this a popup must be open shows that click yes so it must be assigned to Contact Lookup field(Account) and redirect to vfpage with list all acounts(including newly created account) or click no to just redirect vf page shows list of accounts(including newly created account).
what controller i should use custom or standard with extensions?? for which object i should create controller??  

hi friends ,
pls help me to write following trigger
here contact is having custom field primary of type checkbox
● Each account may have multiple contacts but only one marked “Primary”
● Each account must have 1 primary contact.
● The account should display the name of its primary contact on the account detail screen (i.e. in a field).

pls help me
I'm drawing a blank on how to use the standard {!Save} function in my visualforce on the command button. Basically after I click Save I want to redirect the page into a new page.

Here is my VF page code

<apex:page standardController="Lead" recordSetVar="leads" id="thePage" showHeader="true" sidebar="false" extensions="extContactApprovalPage" >

<apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock >
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!leads}" var="l">
                <apex:column >
                    <apex:outputField value="{!l.Name}"/>
                    <apex:facet name="header">Registrant Name</apex:facet>
                </apex:column>

<apex:outputField value="{!l.Approve_Picklist__c}"/>
                    <apex:facet name="header">Approve Picklist</apex:facet>
                    <apex:outputField value="{!l.Approve_Checkbox__c}"/>
                    <apex:facet name="header">Approve Checkbox</apex:facet>

<apex:inlineEditSupport event="onClick" showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>
          <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <!--<apex:commandButton value="Edit" action="{!save}" id="editButton" />-->
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" id="saveButton" reRender="none" />
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" id="cancelButton" />
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
      </apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>
  <!-- Begin Default Content REMOVE THIS -->
  <h1>Congratulations</h1>
  This is your new Page: ContactApprovalPage
  <!-- End Default Content REMOVE THIS -->
</apex:page>

and here is my extension:

public class extContactApprovalPage {

public extContactApprovalPage(ApexPages.StandardSetController controller) {

}

public PageReference save(){

PageReference reRend = new PageReference('/003');
        return reRend;
    }

}

Any assistance would be great thanks.

Hi,

I have read documentation of email limitation. But still my doubts remain unanswered.

• What is the total number of emails that can be sent in a day - As far as I know it is 1000 per user. Does this include emails sent via apex(sendEmail), workflow emails, email sent through salesforce-through related list??
  • You can send single emails to a maximum of 1,000 external email addresses per day based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Single emails sent using the application don't count towards this limit.  - What is meant by application? Is it apexchange apps or through salesforce related list?
  • You can send mass email to a total of 1,000 external email addresses per day per organization based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). The maximum number of external addresses you can include in each mass email depends on the Edition of Salesforce you are using: PE 250, EE 500, UE 1000. - Is this applicable only for mass email? If yes what is the limit of number of external addresses in single email message??
  • Maximum of 10 sendEmail methods per transaction - Can sendEmail contain List of singleEmailMessage? If yes then what is the limit of number records in that List?

Kindly suggest me if you have any idea.

I have the following code:  (Note, it is part of a future-call method)

String EmailFailure = null;

try {
	Messaging.SendEmailResult[] mailResult = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });
	if ( !mailResult[0].isSuccess() ) {
		EmailFailure = 'Email Failed: ' + mailResult[0].getErrors()[0].getMessage();
	}
}
catch(DmlException dmlEx) {
	EmailFailure = 'Email Failed: ' + dmlEx;
}

if ( EmailFailure != null ) {

It is failing with the following error whenever an attempt is made to send to a contact with an invalid (bounced) email address.

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void SendSurvey(String, Id, Id, Id, Id, Id, String, String)' on class 'Survey_Controller' for job id '70730000003xhE1'

caused by: System.EmailException: SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS, email address has bounced for id : 0033000000VqJyN: []

How can I capture the error gracefully instead of getting this error message?  I thought if I wrapped it with try/catch it would work.

Thanks,
Paul