• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a design question here:
Enrollment object has a lookup to Contact. Whenever a specific type of enrollment is added, I need to send an email to an external user with the enrollment and contact info. 
Now let's say, another 2 enrollments get added - I need to be able to send the information of not only these 2 but the previous enrollment as well to an external user. Basically the cumulative information of all the enrollments. 
Also, I need to create a fancy email template for this, so the only option for me is VF email template. 
Any ideas?
Little confused about the scope of a static variable here. I have 2 scenarios:
  • Two recursive trigger methods A and B in the same transaction - Does it mean will I need two static variables a and b to apply the recursion control for each one? And if this is true, does this mean I will need , e.g. 6 static variables doing the same thing to control 6 recursive methods in a single transaction? 😮
  • How does this scenario differ when I rather have 2 users instantiating the same transaction at the same time?
I went through the SF documentation and I couldn't get a clear idea on this. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
So, I have 2 fields Current Term and Next Term (which are lookups to another custom object called Term) on a custom object. There is a before update trigger that auto-populates Next Term as soon as the Current Term is filled. Everything is fine until this point. Now, the new modification that I need to make is if Next Term is filled in manually, the logic of updating Next Term based on the Current Term SHOULD NOT run. Also, standard page-layout is being used for this object. 
Any ideas?
  • Two recursive trigger methods A and B in the same transaction - Does it mean will I need two static variables a and b to apply the recursion control for each one? And if this is true, does this mean I will need , e.g. 6 static variables doing the same thing to control 6 recursive methods in a single transaction? 😮
  • How does this scenario differ when I rather have 2 users instantiating the same transaction at the same time?
I went through the SF documentation and I couldn't get a clear idea on this. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.