• Philanthropy Associate
  • Vermont Community Foundation

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All, I am having trouble with a validation rule. Originally I had the rule read ISPICKVAL( LeadSource, ""), which works fine, but I need to have the Stage "Prospecting" excluded. How would I write a formula to exclude "Prospecting"? Do I have to list all the other picklist valies for Stage?

Thanks!
Hi there,

I have hit a wall. There are two objects, Gift History (GH), and Fund-Gift Association (FGA) that I am working with. FGA has a field that I want to see on GH, Associated Fund. FGA has a lookup relationship to GH to pull the Gift ID, and GH has a master-detail relationship with Accounts. I first tried to create a formula field for GH to pull in the Associated Fund, but I was unable to move acces FGA for fields, only Accounts (I guess due to the relationship type?). Thinking that I would need to have a lookup field on GH to access fields on FGA, I created a lookup field that would have the Fund-Gift ID on GH, and then I would be able to use a formula field to capture the Associated Fund. The lookup field does not auto populate, at which point I am working with the process builder to get that to work.

I though tmy logic was right, that once the GH object was created or edited, if the Associated Fund field on GH is null then to update the lookup field Fund-Gift Association with FGA ID (then triggering the population of Associated Fund). No go.

Am I making this way to complicated? When two objects each have a lookup relationship referring to each other does it cause complications?

Thanks so much!
Katie
Hi Folks, I am new to salesforce and wolud like to know, "How to calculate no of child records to a parent object without using trigger". 
Any help will be appreciated, Thank you very much beforehand.
  • March 28, 2016
Hi All, I am having trouble with a validation rule. Originally I had the rule read ISPICKVAL( LeadSource, ""), which works fine, but I need to have the Stage "Prospecting" excluded. How would I write a formula to exclude "Prospecting"? Do I have to list all the other picklist valies for Stage?

Thanks!