• Cognizant Technology Solutions

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I've a Office365 account and when I tried to do a "Test Deliverability" from a Sandbox, I'm not getting emails. Already checked the "Deliverability" and all emails are allowed. Following are some of the observations:
  1. Sending mails to hotmail.com or gmail.com also does not result in success. Still mails are not being sent. This leads me to believe no issues with Office365, rather an issue with Sandbox.
  2. When sending mails from Case feed (Lightning), the mails are being delivered to Office365. This is contradicting with #1 above.
  3. There are IP restrictions imposed with some IPs listed in "Network Access" as well as Login IP ranges set at profile level. Initially thought this might be causing issues (either that or Office365), however, since #2 is working, this assumption is not clear.

If anyone can help with this (maybe faced and resolved the issue in the past), that'll be very helpful.

Cheers!
Ayan
Hi,
I've a requirement to implement a different page layout for classic and Salesforce1. While I understand that it is not natively supported in Salesforce, it can be implemented if I override the detail page with a lightning component. However, after doing that, when I checked in Salesforce1, I find that the related list are not coming and the page is rendered in full screen view. Looking for some solutions (if any) around this and any suggestions will be welcome!

~Ayan
Hi,

I'm trying to develop a global action with a custom visualforce page for Lightning and SF1. However, the global action does not show up. Any other types (standard ones) show up, but not the one with custom visualforce. Below are some details:
1. The VF does not have any Javascript (It is a dummy page: <apex:page/>)
2. The VF is enabled for mobile

Any help on this would be very welcome..!!

- Ayan
Hi,

I've a requirement where some external values (in Japanese) are being passed to Lead State. I need to update the StateCode based on some pre-defined mapping (Japanese to valid StateCode). This mapping maps external values to existing Salesforce Country/State picklist values. I'm trying to unit test this using SOAPUI. However, when I'm passing these values, I'm getting the following error:
<message>There's a problem with this state, even though it may appear correct. Please select a state from the list of valid states.: State/Province</message>
<statusCode>FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION</statusCode>

The coding for changing the mapping is implemented in Before Insert/Update context and I can see from the logs that the value are being changed properly, however, this error still remains (Ideally it shouldn't, as Im mapping proper values in before context in Trigger).

Any help would be greatly appreciated..!!

Sample:
<urn:sObjects xsi:type="Lead">
            <FirstName>Sample</FirstName>
            <LastName> Lead (EnterPrise WSDL)</LastName>
            <RecordTypeId>SOME_VALUE</RecordTypeId>
            <Company>Personal</Company>
            <Status>Open</Status>
            <Country>Japan</Country>
            <State>東京都</State>
</urn:sObjects>
The "<State>東京都</State>" is Japanese for Tokyo and I can see that it is being mapped properly in Trigger.

-Ayan
Hi,

I'm trying to compare two Japanese or Chinese string to see if they are same using Apex. By that, I mean there might be some separators or special characters (Example: New. Life and New Life in Simplified Chinese are 新。生活 (Xīn. Shēnghuó) and 新生活 (Xīn shēnghuó) respectively, notice the (。) character in the first one. In essence both these strings are same, however, if I simply compare them using String equals, they are different). For English, this is simple - use a pattern matcher to retain only alphanumeric values.

One way would be to identify the special characters (like: 。) and remove them and then compare. If there is any such list (Japanese and Chinese - Traditional/Simplified), I would be grateful if anyone can provide.

I'm just looking for any ideas/advice/code-samples of similiar situations faced by anyone in this forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Disclaimer: I admit, I only looked at this problem very shortly, so I will continue my research and will post any updates (if any).

Cheers,
Ayan
Hi All,

I'm trying to use svg4everybody in Lightning Component. However, I did not find any documentation on how to use it in Lightning Components. Any help would be greatly appreciated..!!

Ayan
Hi,

This is a strange problem that I'm facing. I've a mobile VF page (SPA) using JQueryMobile and whenever I try to scroll up in iOS, it results in blank page. However, also noted that if I wait for sometime (somewhere between 10 secs to 2 mins) I am able to scroll up/down normally without any blank screen. Probably the page needs sometime to load properly in iOS, however, since I've not idea the time it finishes up loading, I cannot resolve this issue. Any help would be welcome.

Note: This page works fine in Android, not issues at all.
Code Sample
Visualforce:
<apex:page docType="html-5.0" applyHtmlTag="false"  controller="TemporaryApexController" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardStyleSheets="true" id="MobilePage" readOnly="true">
    <head>
      <title>Test iOS Scrolling Page</title>
          <meta id="viewport" name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=1"></meta>
        <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"></meta>    
      <!-- JQuery Mobile -->
    <apex:includeScript value="https://ajax.aspnetcdn.com/ajax/jQuery/jquery-1.9.1.min.js"/>
      <apex:styleSheet value="https://ajax.aspnetcdn.com/ajax/jquery.mobile/1.3.1/jquery.mobile-1.3.1.min.css" />
      <apex:includeScript value="https://ajax.aspnetcdn.com/ajax/jquery.mobile/1.3.1/jquery.mobile-1.3.1.min.js"/>       
    </head>  
    <body>
        <!-- ------------------------ -->
        <!-- -------- Page 1 -------- -->
        <!-- ------------------------ -->
        <div data-role="page" id="page1">

<!-- header -->
            <div data-role="header"   class="header-large" data-theme="c" id="page2Header">

<h2>Test Data</h2>
            </div>
            <!-- /header -->    

<!-- content --> 
            <div data-role="content" style="text-align:center">       
               <div style="overflow:auto;">
               <table data-role="table" data-mode="columntoggle" class="ui-responsive ui-shadow"  id="activeOppTable">
                   <thead>
                        <tr>
                        <th data-priority="1">Account Name</th>
                        </tr>
                   </thead>
                    <tbody>
                        <apex:repeat value="{!accList}" var="accVar">
                            <tr>
                                <td>{!accVar.Name}</td>
                            </tr>
                        </apex:repeat>
                    </tbody>
               </table>    
               </div>
            </div>
            <!-- /content -->

</div> <!-- /page -->
    </body>
</apex:page>

Apex Controller:
public class TemporaryApexController
{
    public List<Account> accList {get;set;} {accList = new List<Account>();}

public TemporaryApexController(){
        accList = [select Id, Name from Account LIMIT 50];
    }
}

Additional Links:
While sarching for information on this, also found this known issue which reports similiar issue being fixed in Winter'16 Patch 9.4 release. However, evidently, the problem remains:
https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008Y6nAAE

Thanks,
Ayan
Hi,
One requirement I'm looking at requires PDF upload and parsing(reading) contents and converting them into Salesforce records. Is there any webservice or AppExchange product that does the job? Any help/code snippets on this matter would be much appreciated..!!
Hi,
I have a visualforce page with a user inputfield (lookup) and is bind to an object at the controller. Whenever there are multiple matches to my search text, the first item in the list is always selected. So, when I hit save, the selected value is not passed to the controller. In the VF page, I've used action support with onchange and onselect events, but since I'm not making any change (the first value in the list is selected) so those events are not getting fired. Is there any way to resolve that?

My Code:
<apex:inputField value="{!currentObject.OwnerId}" id="OwnerChangeField">
     <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" reRender="refresh"/> 
     <apex:actionSupport event="onselect" reRender="refresh"/>
</apex:inputField>

User-added image
This is what I'm getting in the UI and the current selection is the correct one, but still the value does not reach the controller due to those events not firing.

I'm unable to get the default selected value in the controller. I might be missing something or there might be a better way to do this. Any help will be appreciated!

Regards,
Ayan
Hi,
One requirement I'm looking at requires PDF upload and parsing(reading) contents and converting them into Salesforce records. Is there any webservice or AppExchange product that does the job? Any help/code snippets on this matter would be much appreciated..!!
Hi,
I have a visualforce page with a user inputfield (lookup) and is bind to an object at the controller. Whenever there are multiple matches to my search text, the first item in the list is always selected. So, when I hit save, the selected value is not passed to the controller. In the VF page, I've used action support with onchange and onselect events, but since I'm not making any change (the first value in the list is selected) so those events are not getting fired. Is there any way to resolve that?

My Code:
<apex:inputField value="{!currentObject.OwnerId}" id="OwnerChangeField">
     <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" reRender="refresh"/> 
     <apex:actionSupport event="onselect" reRender="refresh"/>
</apex:inputField>

User-added image
This is what I'm getting in the UI and the current selection is the correct one, but still the value does not reach the controller due to those events not firing.

I'm unable to get the default selected value in the controller. I might be missing something or there might be a better way to do this. Any help will be appreciated!

Regards,
Ayan
Hi,

I'm trying to develop a global action with a custom visualforce page for Lightning and SF1. However, the global action does not show up. Any other types (standard ones) show up, but not the one with custom visualforce. Below are some details:
1. The VF does not have any Javascript (It is a dummy page: <apex:page/>)
2. The VF is enabled for mobile

Any help on this would be very welcome..!!

- Ayan
Hi,

I've a requirement where some external values (in Japanese) are being passed to Lead State. I need to update the StateCode based on some pre-defined mapping (Japanese to valid StateCode). This mapping maps external values to existing Salesforce Country/State picklist values. I'm trying to unit test this using SOAPUI. However, when I'm passing these values, I'm getting the following error:
<message>There's a problem with this state, even though it may appear correct. Please select a state from the list of valid states.: State/Province</message>
<statusCode>FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION</statusCode>

The coding for changing the mapping is implemented in Before Insert/Update context and I can see from the logs that the value are being changed properly, however, this error still remains (Ideally it shouldn't, as Im mapping proper values in before context in Trigger).

Any help would be greatly appreciated..!!

Sample:
<urn:sObjects xsi:type="Lead">
            <FirstName>Sample</FirstName>
            <LastName> Lead (EnterPrise WSDL)</LastName>
            <RecordTypeId>SOME_VALUE</RecordTypeId>
            <Company>Personal</Company>
            <Status>Open</Status>
            <Country>Japan</Country>
            <State>東京都</State>
</urn:sObjects>
The "<State>東京都</State>" is Japanese for Tokyo and I can see that it is being mapped properly in Trigger.

-Ayan
Hi All,

I'm trying to use svg4everybody in Lightning Component. However, I did not find any documentation on how to use it in Lightning Components. Any help would be greatly appreciated..!!

Ayan