• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,
I am new to Salesforce. Just started learning. I have few basic questions as below. It would be great to learn things from you.

1) How to write a validation rule on Opportunity object to make sure that Description is not empty. If the description is empty it should throw an error.
2) Created one formula field called "Auto Complete" of type checkbox. How to make this field to true  when the opportunity stage = 'Closed Won'.
3) Created one custom field called "Is Closed" of type checkbox. How to create a workflow rule to make this field to true when the opportunity stage = 'Closed Won'.
4) There are two custom fields - "DOB" and "Age", how to populate the "Age" value automatically when the DOB is selected?

Thank you!

• October 10, 2015

Hi All,
I am new to Salesforce. Just started learning. I have few basic questions as below. It would be great to learn things from you.

1) How to write a validation rule on Opportunity object to make sure that Description is not empty. If the description is empty it should throw an error.
2) Created one formula field called "Auto Complete" of type checkbox. How to make this field to true  when the opportunity stage = 'Closed Won'.
3) Created one custom field called "Is Closed" of type checkbox. How to create a workflow rule to make this field to true when the opportunity stage = 'Closed Won'.
4) There are two custom fields - "DOB" and "Age", how to populate the "Age" value automatically when the DOB is selected?

Thank you!

• October 10, 2015