• 20 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can't find which category to post this. Anyway, hope you can help me all out.

I have a process builder that has a merge field in the immediate action. Each time I try to update it (cloned the process first), the immediate action always disappears after I click it. This gives me a hard time editing the logic.

Right after clicking..
User-added image

A second after clicking
User-added image

Thanks!
Help on Wave!

I have a dataset that restrict user access to records based on role. So currently, if the record owner's role matches the running user's role, data is visible. Here's how the visibility works. Yellow means with access. Red means none.

User-added image
Goal is to allow other directors to view data in Wave (hopefully without modifying the current role hierarchy).

I am just unsure if it is possible for a security predicate to override setup in role hierarchy (haven't seen one yet).

If possible, how can it be done?

Current predicate is this
'some_field__c.Role.Roles' == "$User.UserRoleId"
The temporary solution I can think of for now is to assign permission set to the other directors while this is being worked at.

Any suggestion will do. Appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I've been fairly new to this SOAP thing and still trying to grasp the logic behind it.

So let's say I have an enterprise system (external) that needs to be connected to Salesforce using SOAP, what I need would be the following:
  1. Remote Site - where I'll put the endpoint URL and some other details
  2. WSDL Apex Class - will need WSDL file from the system to generate. Salesforce will use the methods from the system.
Am I missing something here? I think it's still not complete.. that I still need some other Apex class (like mentioned here) that will invoke those WSDL methods or something?

I'm working on a project involving this but up until now, I still cannot find that 'apex class' (if there is).

Appreciate the help! Thanks!
Hi All,

I've checked with different sites on the solution of this one but I still got the error even after doing it.

I have a new org setup and for some reason, I can't login anymore because it says..
"Stronger security is required
To access this website, upgrade your web browser.
For more information, see Salesforce disabling TLS 1.0."

I checked my settings (see attached) in Chrome and found it using TLS 1.1 & 1.2. I also tried the link (https://tls1test.salesforce.com/s/) provided to test if it is supported (successful).

I'm kind of stuck as of the moment so would really appreciate your help guys. Thanks!User-added image
Hi everyone,

I'm using a list button and calling a method from an external system (all good). However I need to do some validation first before I call the actual method. I'm using GETRECORDSID to get the IDs of the selected items. So I also need to get a field of those selected records to be used for the validation. How can I achieve it? Below's my code:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/25.0/connection.js")} 
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/25.0/apex.js")} 
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.1/jquery.min.js")} 

setTimeout(function(){ 
	try{
		var selected = {!GETRECORDIDS( $ObjectType.my_custom_object__c)};
		for(i=0; i<selected.length; i++){
			if({!selected[i].my_custom_field__c} == true){ //this is where I get the error. I cannot access the custom field.
				alert('Error here = ' + selected[i] '. Click OK to continue');
			}
			else{
				result = sforce.apex.execute('external_class','external_method',{purchaseId:selected[i]});
			}
		} 		
	}
	catch(error){
		$('#overlayBackground').remove(); 
		$('#overlayOverlay').remove();	
		alert('An error ocurred'); 		
	}
},300);
If there's no other way around, my last resort would be to use VF page.

Appreciate your help. Thanks!
Hi all,

I've been fairly new to this SOAP thing and still trying to grasp the logic behind it.

So let's say I have an enterprise system (external) that needs to be connected to Salesforce using SOAP, what I need would be the following:
  1. Remote Site - where I'll put the endpoint URL and some other details
  2. WSDL Apex Class - will need WSDL file from the system to generate. Salesforce will use the methods from the system.
Am I missing something here? I think it's still not complete.. that I still need some other Apex class (like mentioned here) that will invoke those WSDL methods or something?

I'm working on a project involving this but up until now, I still cannot find that 'apex class' (if there is).

Appreciate the help! Thanks!
Hi All,

I've checked with different sites on the solution of this one but I still got the error even after doing it.

I have a new org setup and for some reason, I can't login anymore because it says..
"Stronger security is required
To access this website, upgrade your web browser.
For more information, see Salesforce disabling TLS 1.0."

I checked my settings (see attached) in Chrome and found it using TLS 1.1 & 1.2. I also tried the link (https://tls1test.salesforce.com/s/) provided to test if it is supported (successful).

I'm kind of stuck as of the moment so would really appreciate your help guys. Thanks!User-added image