• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello Devs
I have a custom object ABC__c and it will have about 10 custom records.

The custom record page layout will have a list of fields and some "related lists objects"

For example, let's assume that one of the custom records  URL is:   http://cs80.salesforce.com/ABCDEFGH1
The page layout and page is NOT currently in VF and is a standard SFDC layout/look/feel.

Is there a way to convert that page into VF and still retain the same look and feel?

The aim of this is that we want each of the 10 records to be visible to 10 individuals who will access each URL via SITES.
e.g 
http://cs80.salesforce.com/VFPageName/CustomObjectRecordIdABCDEFGH1     will be accessed by person 1
http://cs80.salesforce.com/FPageName/CustomObjectRecordIdABCDEFGH2        will be accessed by person 2
http://cs80.salesforce.com/FPageName/CustomObjectRecordIdABCDEFGH3        will be accessed by person 3
http://cs80.salesforce.com/FPageName/CustomObjectRecordIdABCDEFGH4        will be accessed by person 4

I'm very new to VF so forgive me if I'm asking something basic here.

Thanks in advance!

Hi
I want to display specific text when a user creates a new record and also when on edit mode. The section called MBO Guide VF page" needs to have the below text and background colour when creating a record and also on edit mode. Please see section marked in bold.
Below is the code but it's not appearing when the user creates a new record (before saving for the first time) and or when on edit mode.

(Note - I'm a novice on VF so please excuse any school-boy mistakes)

Thanks in advance!

<apex:page standardcontroller="Managers_MBO__c">
<apex:messages />
    <apex:sectionheader title="{!$ObjectType.Managers_MBO__c.label} Edit" subtitle="{!IF(ISNULL(Managers_MBO__c.Name), 'New Managers MBO',Managers_MBO__c.Name)}"/>
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageblock mode="edit" title="{!$ObjectType.Managers_MBO__c.label} Edit">
            <apex:pageblockbuttons >
                <apex:commandbutton value="Save" action="{!Save}"/>
                <apex:commandbutton value="Cancel" action="{!Cancel}"/>
            </apex:pageblockbuttons>

<!-- **********   [Record Type : Master ]   **********  -->
            <apex:outputpanel >

<apex:pageblocksection title="MBO Guide VF Page" showheader="true" columns="1">

<!-- Start of guide section -->

<style>
body {
   background-color: #B0C8C9 !important;

}
</style>

<br></br>
<centre>
<apex:outputText value="NOTE : Please add as much intelligence / information as possible to the description of the Value Add so that it is clear
what activity has taken place, with who and how long this took to deliver." style="font-size:12px"/>
<br></br>
</centre>
<br></br>

<!-- End of guide section -->       

<!-- Start of relevant fields-->

</apex:pageblocksection>
                <apex:pageblocksection title="Information" showheader="true" columns="2">
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Value_Add_Type__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:pageblocksectionitem />
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Description_of_Activity__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Date_Time_of_Activity__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Location_of_Activity__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Duration_of_Activity__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Astute_Campaign__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Associated_CompanyIDOnlyMBOcalls__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MAV_Link_to_your_Publish_Lead__c}" required="false"/>
                <apex:pageblocksection title="System Information" showheader="true" columns="2">
                    <apex:outputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.OwnerId}"/>
                    <apex:outputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.Name}"/>
            </apex:outputpanel>
        </apex:pageblock>
    </apex:form>
    <center><br/>

</center><br/>

</apex:page>

Hi Guys
Within my standard page layout I have embedded the the below VF page.
I'd like to change the background colour of that VF page to #52aec9

I have tried the below and it does not work. Any idea where I am going wrong? (Please note I'm a novice on VF)
Thanks in advance,

<apex:page standardcontroller="MBO__c">

<style>
body {
   background-color: #52aec9;
}
</style>

<body>

<centre>
<apex:outputText value="NOTE : Please add as much intelligence / information as possible to the description of the Value Add so that it is clear
what activity has taken place, with who and how long this took to deliver." style="font-size:12px"/>
<br></br>
</centre>
<br></br>

</body>

Hi
I want to display specific text when a user creates a new record and also when on edit mode. The section called MBO Guide VF page" needs to have the below text and background colour when creating a record and also on edit mode. Please see section marked in bold.
Below is the code but it's not appearing when the user creates a new record (before saving for the first time) and or when on edit mode.

(Note - I'm a novice on VF so please excuse any school-boy mistakes)

Thanks in advance!

<apex:page standardcontroller="Managers_MBO__c">
<apex:messages />
    <apex:sectionheader title="{!$ObjectType.Managers_MBO__c.label} Edit" subtitle="{!IF(ISNULL(Managers_MBO__c.Name), 'New Managers MBO',Managers_MBO__c.Name)}"/>
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageblock mode="edit" title="{!$ObjectType.Managers_MBO__c.label} Edit">
            <apex:pageblockbuttons >
                <apex:commandbutton value="Save" action="{!Save}"/>
                <apex:commandbutton value="Cancel" action="{!Cancel}"/>
            </apex:pageblockbuttons>

<!-- **********   [Record Type : Master ]   **********  -->
            <apex:outputpanel >

<apex:pageblocksection title="MBO Guide VF Page" showheader="true" columns="1">

<!-- Start of guide section -->

<style>
body {
   background-color: #B0C8C9 !important;

}
</style>

<br></br>
<centre>
<br></br>
</centre>
<br></br>

<!-- End of guide section -->       

<!-- Start of relevant fields-->

<apex:pageblocksection title="Information" showheader="true" columns="2">
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Value_Add_Type__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Description_of_Activity__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Date_Time_of_Activity__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Location_of_Activity__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Duration_of_Activity__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Astute_Campaign__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MVA_Associated_CompanyIDOnlyMBOcalls__c}" required="false"/>
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.MAV_Link_to_your_Publish_Lead__c}" required="false"/>
                <apex:pageblocksection title="System Information" showheader="true" columns="2">
                    <apex:outputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.OwnerId}"/>
                    <apex:outputfield value="{!Managers_MBO__c.Name}"/>
            </apex:outputpanel>
        </apex:pageblock>
    </apex:form>
    <center><br/>

</center><br/>

Hi Guys
Within my standard page layout I have embedded the the below VF page.
I'd like to change the background colour of that VF page to #52aec9

I have tried the below and it does not work. Any idea where I am going wrong? (Please note I'm a novice on VF)
Thanks in advance,

<apex:page standardcontroller="MBO__c">

<style>
body {
   background-color: #52aec9;
}
</style>

<body>

<centre>
<br></br>
</centre>
<br></br>

</body>