• Self Employed

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all,

I have created an Apex class with an InvocableMethod that logs automated outgoing emails as EmailMessage records. The InvocableMethod is called by process builder whenever the process also uses an email alert action. It works very well for myself and other Full Salesforce licesed users. However, when a user with a Customer Community Plus license makes a change to a case which triggers the process, the process fails with an "INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY" error.

Salesforce support said that the EmailMessage object is off-limits to this type of license, however the object is available for the user's profile for field-level security. Also this article says that Customer Community Plus licenses have Send Email capability: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=users_license_types_communities.htm&type=5

Has anyone had experience with this or something similar in the past?
Hello,

I'm creating an Apex class that creates a Salesforce File record and associates it with a parent record. I'm having a problem creating the association (ContentDocumentLink) record.

Here is what I'm doing:
  • Create a ContentVersion record. This creates a ContentDocument record automatically if you leave the ContentVersion.ContentDocumentId field blank. (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_contentdocument.htm - "To create a document, create a new version via the ContentVersion object without setting the ContentDocumentId. This automatically creates a parent document record.")
  • Insert ContentVersion record
  • DEBUG: Confirm ContentVersion.ContentDocumentId is set (Here is where the problem is because it is NULL; however if I SOQL query ContentVersion after the Apex completes, ContentVersion.ContentDocumentId is set and the corresponding ContentDocument record exists)
  • Create ContentDocumentLink record (commented out because it fails because ContentDocumentLink.ContentDocumentId is a required field)
  • Insert ContentDocumentLink record (commented out because it fails because ContentDocumentLink.ContentDocumentId is a required field)
Here is the code:
public class FileController {

@AuraEnabled
    public static Id saveTheFile(Id parentId, String fileName, String base64Data, String contentType, Id contentDocumentId) { 
        base64Data = EncodingUtil.urlDecode(base64Data, 'UTF-8');

ContentVersion cv = new ContentVersion();
        cv.ContentLocation = 'S';
        cv.ContentDocumentId = contentDocumentId;
        cv.VersionData = EncodingUtil.base64Decode(base64Data);
        cv.Title = fileName;
        cv.PathOnClient = filename;

insert cv;

//***This DEBUG statement must return an Id for the rest of the code to work***
        System.debug('contentDocumentId='+cv.ContentDocumentId);               

//ContentDocumentLink cdl = new ContentDocumentLink();
        //cdl.ContentDocumentId = cv.ContentDocumentId;
        //cdl.LinkedEntityId = parentId;
        //cdl.ShareType = 'I';

//insert cdl;

return cv.Id;
    }

@AuraEnabled
    public static Id saveTheFile(Id parentId, String fileName, String base64Data, String contentType) {         
        return saveTheFile(parentId, fileName, base64Data, contentType, NULL);
    }
}

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, not considering, etc?
Appreciate any thoughts and input!
Hello,

I'm creating an Apex class that creates a Salesforce File record and associates it with a parent record. I'm having a problem creating the association (ContentDocumentLink) record.

Here is what I'm doing:
  • Create a ContentVersion record. This creates a ContentDocument record automatically if you leave the ContentVersion.ContentDocumentId field blank. (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_contentdocument.htm - "To create a document, create a new version via the ContentVersion object without setting the ContentDocumentId. This automatically creates a parent document record.")
  • DEBUG: Confirm ContentVersion.ContentDocumentId is set (Here is where the problem is because it is NULL; however if I SOQL query ContentVersion after the Apex completes, ContentVersion.ContentDocumentId is set and the corresponding ContentDocument record exists)
  • Create ContentDocumentLink record (commented out because it fails because ContentDocumentLink.ContentDocumentId is a required field)
  • Insert ContentDocumentLink record (commented out because it fails because ContentDocumentLink.ContentDocumentId is a required field)
Here is the code:

@AuraEnabled
    public static Id saveTheFile(Id parentId, String fileName, String base64Data, String contentType, Id contentDocumentId) { 

cv.Title = fileName;

insert cv;

//cdl.ShareType = 'I';

//insert cdl;

return cv.Id;
    }

@AuraEnabled
    public static Id saveTheFile(Id parentId, String fileName, String base64Data, String contentType) {         
    }
}

Hello all,

I have created an Apex class with an InvocableMethod that logs automated outgoing emails as EmailMessage records. The InvocableMethod is called by process builder whenever the process also uses an email alert action. It works very well for myself and other Full Salesforce licesed users. However, when a user with a Customer Community Plus license makes a change to a case which triggers the process, the process fails with an "INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY" error.

Salesforce support said that the EmailMessage object is off-limits to this type of license, however the object is available for the user's profile for field-level security. Also this article says that Customer Community Plus licenses have Send Email capability: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=users_license_types_communities.htm&type=5

Has anyone had experience with this or something similar in the past?
Hello,

Here is what I'm doing:
Here is the code:

@AuraEnabled

cv.Title = fileName;

insert cv;

//cdl.ShareType = 'I';

//insert cdl;

return cv.Id;
    }

@AuraEnabled
    }
}