• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello!

I'm pretty new to salesforce and I’ve been tasked with finding a way to update the records in my Lead object based on bounce reason. Specifically, If I send out an email and the message bounces, I want to trigger a workflow process that automatically updates my primary email field with my alternative email field. Reason being, I can only send out mass emails to primary email addresses. I tried taking a simpler approach by taking email and updating it using ‘Bounced Reason = “” ‘, and It didn’t work. I’ve researched and have come to the conclusion that I will have to go DEV route and use a query to access leads with bounced emails then update them that way. What I wanted to do was have this set to TRIGGER, but not sure how to go querying for each record. Any help, guidance, and a little bit of mind mapping will go a long way.

Ex.
Email: lo2222lo@xa.com email bounced        Alt Email: lolo2222@xa.com
Trigger Auto Update
Email: lolo2222@xa.com                      Alt Email: lolo2222@xa.com
  • August 29, 2016
Hello!

I'm pretty new to salesforce and I’ve been tasked with finding a way to update the records in my Lead object based on bounce reason. Specifically, If I send out an email and the message bounces, I want to trigger a workflow process that automatically updates my primary email field with my alternative email field. Reason being, I can only send out mass emails to primary email addresses. I tried taking a simpler approach by taking email and updating it using ‘Bounced Reason = “” ‘, and It didn’t work. I’ve researched and have come to the conclusion that I will have to go DEV route and use a query to access leads with bounced emails then update them that way. What I wanted to do was have this set to TRIGGER, but not sure how to go querying for each record. Any help, guidance, and a little bit of mind mapping will go a long way.

Ex.
Email: lo2222lo@xa.com email bounced        Alt Email: lolo2222@xa.com
Trigger Auto Update
Email: lolo2222@xa.com                      Alt Email: lolo2222@xa.com
  • August 29, 2016