• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, all

I have added a percentage 'yearly increase' field to my Opp Product.

I am looking for a way to calculate the lifetime total of the product after x years (x being the 'term' field) if the price is increased by 'yearly increase' every year and how to track each year's price. This needs to work for any given term

for example.
  • product price = $100
  • yearly increase = 3%
  • term = 5​​​​​​​
    • year 1 price = 100
    • year 2 price = 103
    • year 3 price = 106.09
    • year 4 price = 109.27
    • year 5 price = 112.55
    • lifetime total = 530.91
If I could use a for loop in the formula editor I could calculate the lifetime total, but I can't figure out how to do that in the formula editor. Is there a way to do that or to write the for loop in an apex class and use that to populate the lifetime total field? I have no clue how to track each year's price espically when the term will vary.

Thank you for your time and help.
Hello, all

I have added a percentage 'yearly increase' field to my Opp Product.

I am looking for a way to calculate the lifetime total of the product after x years (x being the 'term' field) if the price is increased by 'yearly increase' every year and how to track each year's price. This needs to work for any given term

for example.
  • product price = $100
  • yearly increase = 3%
  • term = 5​​​​​​​
    • year 1 price = 100
    • year 2 price = 103
    • year 3 price = 106.09
    • year 4 price = 109.27
    • year 5 price = 112.55
    • lifetime total = 530.91
If I could use a for loop in the formula editor I could calculate the lifetime total, but I can't figure out how to do that in the formula editor. Is there a way to do that or to write the for loop in an apex class and use that to populate the lifetime total field? I have no clue how to track each year's price espically when the term will vary.

Thank you for your time and help.