• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

We have implemented live chat in our organisation. The steps leading up to chat are:

1) A Customer creates a Case via a Customer Portal.
2) The Chat Button is THEN presented to the Customer (once a Case has already been created in Salesforce).
3) The Customer Requests the Chat the normal way by selecting the button.
4) The Agent Accepts the Chat Request and the initial Case opened as a Subtab.

Requirement: I am looking for a way to update that Case's Owner to the be the Agent who accepted the Case.

I built a trigger that ran on the LiveChatTranscriptEvents Object, but have since discovered that a transcript is not created until after a chat has ended. As a transcript event cannot exist without a transcript I presume these events also do not exist until after the chat has ended.

Is there any way we can access the event that occurs when the Agent selects the Accept button? 
Hi,

We have implemented live chat in our organisation. The steps leading up to chat are:

1) A Customer creates a Case via a Customer Portal.
2) The Chat Button is THEN presented to the Customer (once a Case has already been created in Salesforce).
3) The Customer Requests the Chat the normal way by selecting the button.
4) The Agent Accepts the Chat Request and the initial Case opened as a Subtab.

Requirement: I am looking for a way to update that Case's Owner to the be the Agent who accepted the Case.

I built a trigger that ran on the LiveChatTranscriptEvents Object, but have since discovered that a transcript is not created until after a chat has ended. As a transcript event cannot exist without a transcript I presume these events also do not exist until after the chat has ended.

Is there any way we can access the event that occurs when the Agent selects the Accept button?