• Database Administrator
  • SAFE - Sexual Abuse Forever Ending

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Anybody familiar w/using Wufoo?...If so, I need help customizing the "contacts" tab to add certain fields ($ amount, date of donation, etc,.) that Wufoo (our HTML online form builder) requires for successful import of data from our donation page on our website into Salesforce.

Thanks in advance....

Jeff
I just completed the Trailhead Data Import Wizard challenge in my developer account but can't find the contacts that it said were successfully imported.

Am I looking in the wrong spot?
I'm a very GREEN admin for a non-profit and I need some help restructuring our contact pages in order for our data to import into the designated fields pertaining to our Sign Up/Donation data on our webpage.  We have hired a consultant to help us for the next three months and she is using Wufoo as an API and Stripe as our third-party payments processor. 

From what I gather, basically the API specifies how software components (platforms like Salesforce and Stripe should interact). Wufoo is an internet application that helps anybody build online forms. When our consultant designs a form with Wufoo, it automatically builds the database, backend and scripts needed to make collecting and understanding our data.

The problem is this: There are destinations or fields within each contact that have to match the scripts that Wufoo uses in order to line up with Stripe when she creates our Donation form on our webpage. I need to figure out how to tweak the fields that we don’t need in Salesforce (BTW we are using the Nonprofit Starter Pack) where I can match what Wufoo requires to enable an exact import from our fields within our Donation form.

Another problem is that our newsletter sign up form is different from our donation sign up form and rightly so. Normally organizations don’t ask for the same information from a newsletter sign up form that they ask from a donor. Someone signing up for a newsletter doesn’t need to give us their address/phone number like they would if they were a donor.

If I’m not correct, because the information that we need for each form isn’t matching there is a problem where Wufoo recognizes it according to the 
scripts they use to accurately import into Salesforce.

My jobs is to figure out how to tweak Salesforce so that the destination/fields match what we need for a correct import from both forms – I can’t say if I will be able to learn what needs to be done on my own (Trailhead/Salesforce U/Youtube demos, etc, etc,...) due to the learning curve without some form of administrator training which unfortunately won't be happening anytime soon until we get some consistent cash-flow.

I know this is a lot but any guidance, advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
User-added image
I just completed the Trailhead Data Import Wizard challenge in my developer account but can't find the contacts that it said were successfully imported.

Am I looking in the wrong spot?