• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I'm trying to navigate my way through this apex test case and I've not been successful. Could anyone assist with bringing coverage up from 46%?
Thank you.

Test Class:
@isTest
private class CHIEventsMonitorTest {
    @testSetup 
    static void setup() {
        List<Event__c> events = new List<Event__c>();
        // insert 10 events
        for (Integer i=0;i<10;i++) {
            events.add(new Event__c(name='Event '+i, 
                CreatedDate = DateTime.now(), LastModifiedDate = DateTime.now(), Event_End_Date__c = Date.today(), CHI_Publish_To_Website__c = false, CHI_Status__c = 'Planned', Send_to_Consultants_for_Assignment_c__c = false, EvaluationPilot__c = false, Send_Attendance_Email__c = false, Completed__c = false));
        }
        insert events;
    }
    static testmethod void test() {        
        Test.startTest();
        CHIEventsMonitor uca = new CHIEventsMonitor();
        Id batchId = Database.executeBatch(uca);
        Test.stopTest();
    }

}
Note - Most of this was accomplished with the help of Google (obviously, or I probably wouldn't be here)

Batch Class:
global class CHIEventsMonitor implements Database.Batchable<sObject>{
    List<Event__c> eventToUpdate = new List<Event__c>();
    Date dt = date.today();
    String query = 'Select Id, CHI_Status__c, Completed__c, Send_Attendance_Email__c From Event__c WHERE IsFinished__c = FALSE AND Event_End_Date__c =: dt';  

global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC){
        return Database.getQueryLocator(query);
    }

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<Event__c> event){
        for(Event__c c : event){
            if(c.Completed__c==FALSE){
                c.Send_Attendance_Email__c = TRUE;
                c.Completed__c = TRUE;
                eventToUpdate .add(c );         
            }

}
        update eventToUpdate ;
    }

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC){     
    }
}

I am building a VF email template that contains a URL to create a record and prefilling some fields on the form. Of the fields is a date field and it only serves as a reference to the user but needs to be readable. I need to remove the time zone/offset from the date that is rendered into my URL. I know how to output the format I want anywhere else in the email but as part of an <a href".. tag I do not know how.

My URL looks like this:
Click<a href="https://na3.salesforce.com/a1B/e?CF00N0L0044062bDo={!relatedTo.Name}&CF00N0L0044062bDo_lkid={!relatedTo.Id}&CF00N0L4400062bDx={!recipient.name}&00N0L0055062bE2='{!relatedTo.Start_Date__c}"> HERE</a> to respond.<br />
But the field "Start Date" renders as :
Fri%20Jul%2014%2000:00:00%20GMT%202017
Is there an equivalent to this:
<apex:outputText value="{0,date,MM/dd/yyyy}"> <apex:param value="{!relatedTo.Start_Date__c}" /> </apex:outputText>

that I can do within the href tag to output the date into my URL in a cleaner format?

Hello,

I'm trying to navigate my way through this apex test case and I've not been successful. Could anyone assist with bringing coverage up from 46%?
Thank you.

Test Class:
@isTest
private class CHIEventsMonitorTest {
    @testSetup 
    static void setup() {
        List<Event__c> events = new List<Event__c>();
        // insert 10 events
        for (Integer i=0;i<10;i++) {
            events.add(new Event__c(name='Event '+i, 
                CreatedDate = DateTime.now(), LastModifiedDate = DateTime.now(), Event_End_Date__c = Date.today(), CHI_Publish_To_Website__c = false, CHI_Status__c = 'Planned', Send_to_Consultants_for_Assignment_c__c = false, EvaluationPilot__c = false, Send_Attendance_Email__c = false, Completed__c = false));
        }
        insert events;
    }
    static testmethod void test() {        
        Test.startTest();
        CHIEventsMonitor uca = new CHIEventsMonitor();
        Id batchId = Database.executeBatch(uca);
        Test.stopTest();
    }

}
Note - Most of this was accomplished with the help of Google (obviously, or I probably wouldn't be here)

Batch Class:
global class CHIEventsMonitor implements Database.Batchable<sObject>{
    List<Event__c> eventToUpdate = new List<Event__c>();
    Date dt = date.today();
    String query = 'Select Id, CHI_Status__c, Completed__c, Send_Attendance_Email__c From Event__c WHERE IsFinished__c = FALSE AND Event_End_Date__c =: dt';  

global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC){
        return Database.getQueryLocator(query);
    }

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<Event__c> event){
        for(Event__c c : event){
            if(c.Completed__c==FALSE){
                c.Send_Attendance_Email__c = TRUE;
                c.Completed__c = TRUE;
                eventToUpdate .add(c );         
            }

}
        update eventToUpdate ;
    }

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC){     
    }
}

I am building a VF email template that contains a URL to create a record and prefilling some fields on the form. Of the fields is a date field and it only serves as a reference to the user but needs to be readable. I need to remove the time zone/offset from the date that is rendered into my URL. I know how to output the format I want anywhere else in the email but as part of an <a href".. tag I do not know how.

My URL looks like this:
Click<a href="https://na3.salesforce.com/a1B/e?CF00N0L0044062bDo={!relatedTo.Name}&CF00N0L0044062bDo_lkid={!relatedTo.Id}&CF00N0L4400062bDx={!recipient.name}&00N0L0055062bE2='{!relatedTo.Start_Date__c}"> HERE</a> to respond.<br />
But the field "Start Date" renders as :
Fri%20Jul%2014%2000:00:00%20GMT%202017
Is there an equivalent to this:
<apex:outputText value="{0,date,MM/dd/yyyy}"> <apex:param value="{!relatedTo.Start_Date__c}" /> </apex:outputText>

that I can do within the href tag to output the date into my URL in a cleaner format?