• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, 

Can someone give me a little guidance here to understand how taking a input from user works here is Salesforce.

I was going through Apex developer's guide and I'vea almost read half of the book, but still didn't see any example to take a input from user. Like in Java we can use a DataInput stream or scanner class to take a input from user, but I've not seen anything like in Apex.

Can someone point me to the documentation which can help me to understand how apex lets your customer to input the data in Salesforce.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
List<Merchandise__c> ml= [select id, Name from Merchandise__c]; As long as I understand with this query that it retrieves all the merchandise and then stores them in a list ml. I'm confused with below for query for query also does the same thing then how it is different. I was just reading this under best practice or recommended one as this retrieves the record in chunks of 200. Can anyone explain me here how this for loop retrieves record in 200 chunk.

and 
for(List<Merchandise__c> ml : [select id, Name from Merchandise__c])
{
}'

Thanks
List<Merchandise__c> ml= [select id, Name from Merchandise__c]; As long as I understand with this query that it retrieves all the merchandise and then stores them in a list ml. I'm confused with below for query for query also does the same thing then how it is different. I was just reading this under best practice or recommended one as this retrieves the record in chunks of 200. Can anyone explain me here how this for loop retrieves record in 200 chunk.

and 
for(List<Merchandise__c> ml : [select id, Name from Merchandise__c])
{
}'

Thanks