• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
I just can't seem to get my object permissions right no matter what I do, some help would be immensly appreciated.

I have a free developer account and I'm trying to build a custom app and have created a couple of users for testing the app. If I create a custom object and a tab for it and then add the 2 users to a permission set which sets read/write permissions for the object settings I can create records with both users. However all the records are editable by both users and I need only the owner to be able to edit the record and both users to simply be able to view/read all records.

If I change the permissions in the permission set to just read/create then both users can create new records but none of them can edit any of the records, not even the ones created by the same user. I have read online that the owner of records can always edit them but I can't seem to figure out how to achieve that without every other user also having edit rights.

I've been trying to figure this out for over a week now and have not got very far with it, any help at all would be amazing, thank you.
Hi,
I just can't seem to get my object permissions right no matter what I do, some help would be immensly appreciated.

I have a free developer account and I'm trying to build a custom app and have created a couple of users for testing the app. If I create a custom object and a tab for it and then add the 2 users to a permission set which sets read/write permissions for the object settings I can create records with both users. However all the records are editable by both users and I need only the owner to be able to edit the record and both users to simply be able to view/read all records.

If I change the permissions in the permission set to just read/create then both users can create new records but none of them can edit any of the records, not even the ones created by the same user. I have read online that the owner of records can always edit them but I can't seem to figure out how to achieve that without every other user also having edit rights.

I've been trying to figure this out for over a week now and have not got very far with it, any help at all would be amazing, thank you.