• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey everyone, I'm pretty much brand new to SF and it's ways so please be gentle. :P

I'm trying to figure out how to do something, and can't seem to find any posts about it, even the ones on the internet are not quite giving me what I need.

We use SF as a Dispatching/Billing system.  Our structure for accounts is as follows:

Top Level: "Account" (Standard Account Functionality)
-> Rack Rate Book (related list in account) -> Houses all of the "Standard Rates" for the account for each year (i.e. "CompanyName" Rates 2015)

2nd Level: "Project" (Houses all the data for each project. i.e. Proj. Address, Supervisor Contact Info, etc...)
-> In the "Project" layout we have several fields that house the information regarding the cost of our product/services. These fields match up exactly w/ the fields in the Rack Rate Books.

ISSUE:
I would like to create a button in "Project" layout that does the following when pressed:
1) Refreshes page to "Edit" screen.
2) Inserts the information from the selected Rate Book (can be selected through a lookup in a pop-up window if need be) into the corresponding fields in the Project.
3) Leaves the page in "Edit" for any modifications/adjustments before saving.

I'm not sure if this is possible, or even makes sense, but this is what I have for you all lol. 

Thank you in advance,

- ReliantToast