NOTE: U.S. Citizenship or a Green Card is required.
Salesforce Developer – GCCX IT
--Video from GM Careers about the GCCX IT project:
Location: Detroit, MI
About the General Motors Global Connected Consumer Experience IT Team: At GCCX, we don’t design the transportation. We design the transportation experience. GCCX IT employees develop the technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles. This technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, more advanced active safety and even autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry and a vehicle wired to collect thousands of data elements. Our environment requires an architecture that can support over 900,000 vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. 4G LTE capability has been described as an "untapped, under-appreciated opportunity" valued at $350M in improved 2018 profits. The innovation our teams are driving is game changing to the consumer, to the industry and to the company.
About the Role
The Salesforce Systems Developer role will involve close interaction with the Systems Architect, Development Team Leaders, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver enhancements. There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure. This role requires a strong foundation in Salesforce with SQL and web services experience.
The Salesforce Systems Developers will provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to, and learn more about the Global Connected Consumer.
- Applicants must have strong core Java skills gained in a business environment along with the following technical skills and experience: Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited Institution
- Salesforce Developer (Dev 401) Certification Required
- 3+ year of experience in Salesforce Development including Custom Objects, Large Data Volumes, Performance Tuning, Apex, Triggers, Web Services, Visualforce and Migration Tools
- 5+ years’ experience delivering Java / J2EE or Object Oriented Solutions
- 5+ years’ experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 3+ years of experience with development SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP)
- 2+ years’ experience with OO analysis and design experience Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks, Pair Programming)
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Ability to function with new technologies
- Ability to lead and mentor associate developers
- Salesforce Advanced Developer (Dev 401) Certification a plus
- Salesforce Administrator (ADM 201) Certification a plus
- Development on high performance multi-tiered architectures
- Experience with both real time and batch systems