• 85 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, Trying to apply a color to an entire card.  Should be easy but it has not turned out to be that way.    Does anyone have suggestions?  I have attached an image of what I am trying ot accomplish.User-added image
I would like to use the lightning:recordForm and allow future development to use OOB record formats.  That part I know how to accomplish.  The issue is that the user would like a field inserted from a different object in the middle of the other fields in the layout.  A forumla field would be great but they also want to update.  

How do you inject a field inside the DOM?  
The objective is to allow our users to stay in Salesforce without having to open other applications.  What the ask is, is to have a movable dialog box were a person can take notes throughout the day.  They would like it to have a spell check. 

The question is can something stay around floating all day without being closed when moving from page to page? 

Also, could someone point me to an article to enable spell checking on a rich text area?  
Working in a lightning component and have added a window.addEventListener.  Have been told that is a memory leak and should add a removeEventListener also.  To do that I cannot have an annonymous function.  Could someone please explain how I could create a named function that passes all the necessary objects like component and event and use it inside the LEX component?
doInit : function(component,event,helper) {           
        var action = component.get("c.getRoutine");
        action.setCallback(this, function(response) {
            var state = response.getState();
            if(state == "SUCCESS") {
                var responseWrapper = response.getReturnValue();              
                window.addEventListener('message', function(event) {
                    var message = event.data;  
                    component.set("v.savedMessage",message.data);   
                }, false); 
            }
        });

Wondering if someone could explain this.  We have created a custom object and have selected values to display when a search is executed in mobile.  This works OK on a regular browser but it displays differently in Salesforce1.  3 fields are not listed.  Is there a limit to the number of fields that can be returned for Salesforce1 on a search?  

User-added image.

Currently I have a Visualforce page that is used to accept parameters from outside Salesforce. The visualforce page calls javascript and opens a tab in a lightnig console.  I am successful opening the lightning console tab when the values are all correct.  I am trying to use ApexPages.addmessage to display a message when the ID is not found.  The issue is that I continue to get 'Error: resolvePage() - Error determining State from pageReference'  An ugly error hits the page that has to be x'ed out of.  Then it says page not found.  Is there a method I could use to redirect to the 'Home Page of the Console?'
We have a situation while working in a Salesforce console. The scenario is that a user is taking notes and talking to a customer.  When the call ends an event gets fired in Salesforce.  The user is still taking notes and modifying the record they were on.  The event that gets fired accepts a Visualforce page only to handle the event. We have chosen to use a flow inside the visualforce page. The event\flow inserts a record.  We do not want it to redirect anywhere. We just want it the end. The issue is that when the flow is complete it always says 'Your Flow Finished.'  This verbiage shows in a tab on the console tab that the user has to close the tab.  It is a nuisance and the user does not know what is happening either. Is there a solution the transparently close the flow without a message to the console. I do not want a finish location.  I want finish to to finish silently with no tabs or notifications.
I have created a Custom Console Component.  This button is on the bottom\footer of the console.   The component window settings have a component of 'Visualforce Page' set.  It works fine ONCE.

When the Custom Console Component button is initially clicked the custom controller loads that page through a query. When the user is done they close the page.  It appears that on subsequent clicks\loads that the controller never runs again.  As if you are just hiding the visualforce page and not really refreshing.  The idea was to get the 'Most Recent' insert of the sObject when the page is presented.  Is there anything that can be done to correct this?

User-added image    
Hoping someone has insight.  There is a lightning component embedded inside a lightning component.  The component has been given and aura:id of 'buildingLU'   The component also has a couple of user defined attributes of 'buildingId' and 'buildingName.'  This lookup value needs to have the ability to easily be cleared out.  The onchange event of a checkbox fires an event called 'clearbuildingName'  That routine should clear the component values.  Having trouble setting the 'v.value' of the user defined attributes. Either that needs to happen or the component needs to somehow be rerendered.  That will appear like the field is cleared.  I have included the markup of the component and the javascript controller code.   Thank You.

If I use       component.find('buildingLU').set("v.buildingName" , "")         the value is cleared but the user interface still contains the text. 

<div class="slds-form-element">
    <div class="slds-form-element__control">
        <span class="slds-form-element__label" for="buildingLookup">building Name</span>
        <c:buildingLookupCmp aura:id="buildingLU" buildingId="{!v.Customer.buildingId__c}" buildingName="{!v.Customer.buildingId__r.Name}" />
    </div>
    <div class="slds-float_right">
        <label class="slds-checkbox">
        <span class="slds-form-element__label" for="clearbuilding">Clear building</span>
         <input id="clearbuilding" type="checkbox" onchange="{!c.clearbuildingName}" /> 
         <span class="slds-checkbox--faux"></span>
        </label>
    </div>
    <div>
    </div>
</div>
clearbuildingName : function(component, event, helper) {       	
        component.find('buildingLU').set("v.value" , "");	
        var Customer = component.get("v.Customer");
        Customer['buildingId__c'] = "";
        Customer['buildingNumber'] = "";
        Customer['buildingId__r.Name'] = "";
        component.set("v.Customer", JSON.parse(JSON.stringify(Customer)));       
    },

Could someone explain how to process a list within a list in APEX code?

String List Example:

List<String>
{AccountCustomerNumbers=[700011326, 507024842, 12345678], AgentId=AI60856},
{AccountCustomerNumbers=[700011326, 507024842, 12345678], AgentId=AI54960},
{AccountCustomerNumbers=[700011326, 507024842, 12345678], AgentId=AI57656}

There would be three calls within a loop to a service that is expecting the parameters of AgentId and CustomerIds[].

Example:

AgentId = 'AI60856'
CustomerIds[] = '700011326', '507024842', '12345678'

AgentId = 'AI54960'

AgentId = 'AI57656'
Would like to redirect Salesforce Help to a Visualforce page. Having a hard time specifying a dynamic location.  Is it even possible?
Setup\Customize\Tab Names and Labels\Help Settings

Trying to do something like this:
{!URLFOR($Site.Prefix +'/NewLightningPage')}
Hello, I have an Object with a list inside of of it. The two values I want to retrieve are 'Label' and 'Link.'  How do I get those values.  The error messages keep telling me I need an SObject.  The Object is not an SObject.  Looks something like this.

Link:[Label=FirstButton,Link=https://www.here.com],[Label=SecondButton,Link=https://www.there.com]
I want to get the value of 'Label' and 'Link' 
List<Object> OuterTable = new List<Object>();
OuterTable = response.LTable;
        for (Integer i=0;i<OuterTable.size();i++) { 
            System.debug('OK Until here' + OuterTable.get(i));   
//Don't know how to get the rest
}
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! 

Trying to build dynamic buttons in a lightning component. An array is loaded will labels and URL's. As I loop through the array I have gotten it to a point where the buttons show up. Now I need to have a URL in that button to launch.  None of the attributes I have tried will do it.  Any direction would be great.
The user is asking for data to be displayed based on 4 different criteria types fo the same sObject type.  The list should display a maximum of 6 records.  If the first 4 records queried match the criteria then collect and show the 4 records of data. Continue to search for more data until the number of 6 records are collected.  If only 1 record for the next set of criteria matches then collect that 1 record and add it for a total of 5 records, We still will need 1 more record so another query needs to happen with different criteria until the list is full.  How can this be done?
Trying to layout a responsive visualforce page with the lightning design system. When I look at it in a responsive mode the fields are  jumbled. 

Example:

Regular Browser

Residential Street           Mailing Street
Residential City              Mailing City
Residential State            Mailing State
Residential Zip                Mailing Zip

Current Responsive For Phone 

Residential Street          
Mailing Street
Residential City
Mailing City
Residential State            
Mailing State
Residential Zip                
Mailing Zip

Want it like this: 

Residential Street
Residential City
Residential State
Residential Zip
Mailing Street
Mailing City
Mailing State
Mailing Zip

Current Tag:
  <div class="slds-col--padded  slds-size--1-of-1 slds-medium-size--3-of-6 slds-large-size--6-of-12 slds-m-top--medium" >
I see examples of manipulating picklist with visualforce tags everywhere.  That is not what is necessary. Does anyone know how to define a pure HTML picklist on a visualforce page with no <apex:/> tags? The task is to use "remoting" which is a new concept to me.  I know how to call functions in a controller like this:
//Salutation Picklist
    public void CollectSalutation ()
    {
        Schema.DescribeFieldResult salutationFieldDescription = Contact.Salutation.getDescribe();
        SalutationOptions = new list<SelectOption>();

for (Schema.Picklistentry picklistEntry : salutationFieldDescription.getPicklistValues())
        {
            SalutationOptions.add(new SelectOption(pickListEntry.getValue(),pickListEntry.getLabel()));
        }
    }
acct.PickListNames__c = document.getElementById('picklistNames').value;

Do I need to wrap these methods in something or create them solely in HTML for Javascript to access.  Any advice from the experts out there would be appreciated.

Hello, I have an Object with a list inside of of it. The two values I want to retrieve are 'Label' and 'Link.'  How do I get those values.  The error messages keep telling me I need an SObject.  The Object is not an SObject.  Looks something like this.

Link:[Label=FirstButton,Link=https://www.here.com],[Label=SecondButton,Link=https://www.there.com]
}

Thanks! 

Hello, Trying to apply a color to an entire card.  Should be easy but it has not turned out to be that way.    Does anyone have suggestions?  I have attached an image of what I am trying ot accomplish.User-added image
The objective is to allow our users to stay in Salesforce without having to open other applications.  What the ask is, is to have a movable dialog box were a person can take notes throughout the day.  They would like it to have a spell check. 

The question is can something stay around floating all day without being closed when moving from page to page? 

Also, could someone point me to an article to enable spell checking on a rich text area?  
Working in a lightning component and have added a window.addEventListener.  Have been told that is a memory leak and should add a removeEventListener also.  To do that I cannot have an annonymous function.  Could someone please explain how I could create a named function that passes all the necessary objects like component and event and use it inside the LEX component?
doInit : function(component,event,helper) {           
        var action = component.get("c.getRoutine");
        action.setCallback(this, function(response) {
            var state = response.getState();
            if(state == "SUCCESS") {
                var responseWrapper = response.getReturnValue();              
                window.addEventListener('message', function(event) {
                    var message = event.data;  
                    component.set("v.savedMessage",message.data);   
                }, false); 
            }
        });

Currently I have a Visualforce page that is used to accept parameters from outside Salesforce. The visualforce page calls javascript and opens a tab in a lightnig console.  I am successful opening the lightning console tab when the values are all correct.  I am trying to use ApexPages.addmessage to display a message when the ID is not found.  The issue is that I continue to get 'Error: resolvePage() - Error determining State from pageReference'  An ugly error hits the page that has to be x'ed out of.  Then it says page not found.  Is there a method I could use to redirect to the 'Home Page of the Console?'
Could someone explain how to process a list within a list in APEX code?

String List Example:

List<String>
{AccountCustomerNumbers=[700011326, 507024842, 12345678], AgentId=AI60856},
{AccountCustomerNumbers=[700011326, 507024842, 12345678], AgentId=AI54960},
{AccountCustomerNumbers=[700011326, 507024842, 12345678], AgentId=AI57656}

There would be three calls within a loop to a service that is expecting the parameters of AgentId and CustomerIds[].

Example:

AgentId = 'AI60856'

AgentId = 'AI54960'

AgentId = 'AI57656'
Would like to redirect Salesforce Help to a Visualforce page. Having a hard time specifying a dynamic location.  Is it even possible?
Setup\Customize\Tab Names and Labels\Help Settings

Trying to do something like this:
{!URLFOR($Site.Prefix +'/NewLightningPage')}

}

Thanks! 

Trying to build dynamic buttons in a lightning component. An array is loaded will labels and URL's. As I loop through the array I have gotten it to a point where the buttons show up. Now I need to have a URL in that button to launch.  None of the attributes I have tried will do it.  Any direction would be great.
The user is asking for data to be displayed based on 4 different criteria types fo the same sObject type.  The list should display a maximum of 6 records.  If the first 4 records queried match the criteria then collect and show the 4 records of data. Continue to search for more data until the number of 6 records are collected.  If only 1 record for the next set of criteria matches then collect that 1 record and add it for a total of 5 records, We still will need 1 more record so another query needs to happen with different criteria until the list is full.  How can this be done?
Trying to layout a responsive visualforce page with the lightning design system. When I look at it in a responsive mode the fields are  jumbled. 

Example:

Regular Browser

Residential Street           Mailing Street
Residential City              Mailing City
Residential State            Mailing State
Residential Zip                Mailing Zip

Current Responsive For Phone 

Residential Street          
Mailing Street
Residential City
Mailing City
Residential State            
Mailing State
Residential Zip                
Mailing Zip

Want it like this: 

Residential Street
Residential City
Residential State
Residential Zip
Mailing Street
Mailing City
Mailing State
Mailing Zip

Current Tag:
  <div class="slds-col--padded  slds-size--1-of-1 slds-medium-size--3-of-6 slds-large-size--6-of-12 slds-m-top--medium" >
Does anyone know if there's a way to get the parent fields for the Account parent object via the ObjectId relationship in ObjectTerritory2Association?

The query below works to get the Name.  But I don't know of a way to get the other fields.  It's actually one custom field that I'm hoping to get in my query.

select ObjectId , Object.Name,  Territory2.MarketUser_Last_Modified_Date__c ,LastModifiedDate
from ObjectTerritory2Association
where   Object.Type = 'Account' limit 10