• 5 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello! I have built a custom clone button on contacts to only clone certain fields and not others. One of the fields I would like to carry over to the new contact is Account Name. My issue is that when the Account Name is carried to the new contact, it overrides the contact's mailing address fields to reflect the address of the Account. This is not always the case, as not all contacts work at the main account headquarters. I would like the mailing address fields of the existing contact to transfer to the mailing address fields of the new contact, without being overridden when different from the account address. Here is what I have currently:

https://na8.salesforce.com/003/e?
&con4={!Account.Name}
&con19street={!Contact.MailingStreet}
&con19city={!Contact.MailingCity}
&con19state={!Contact.MailingState}
&con19zip={!Contact.MailingPostalCode}
&con19country={!Contact.MailingCountry}
&00NC0000004j5vK={!Contact.Status__c}
&00NC0000004jI0b={!Contact.Prospect_or_Client__c}
&con6={!Contact.Department}
&CF00NC0000005LWEw={!Contact.Advisor_Consultant_Group_Name__c}
&00NC0000004jI0C={!Contact.Functional_Role__c}
&00NC0000005PrMV={!Contact.Advisor_AUM__c}
&00NC0000004jF12={!Contact.Office_Main_Phone__c}
&con11={!Contact.Fax}
&00NC0000004j5Wt={!Contact.Website__c}
&00NC0000005L4Zg={!Contact.Sales_Territory__c}
&00NC0000005LJHn={!Contact.Trip_Planning_Codes__c}
&00NC0000004jF4V={!Contact.Pre_Merger_Firm__c}
&00NC0000004j5m3={!Contact.Branch_Id_Number__c}
&00NC0000004j5m8={!Contact.Broker_Number__c}
&RecordType={!Contact.RecordTypeId}

Any guidance would be very much appreciated! Thanks!
I am receiving an error when attempting to validate an external data source (Google Drive) in our sandbox so I can create an external object. For some reason I do not have permission to do this, even though I am a system administrator. The error appears under the Status field and shows "You are not authorized to perform that operation." Any advice anyone could provide me would be greatly appreciated!
I am receiving an error when attempting to validate an external data source (Google Drive) in our sandbox so I can create an external object. For some reason I do not have permission to do this, even though I am a system administrator. The error appears under the Status field and shows "You are not authorized to perform that operation." Any advice anyone could provide me would be greatly appreciated!