• 100 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can't belive this one is bugging me so much but I am trying to comeup with a validation rule that is using a picklist field, field A, of 0-10 and a currency field, field B.  Last try was:

If(
   NOT(ISBLANK(TEXT(  FIELD A  )),
         (FIELD B <> 0),null)

All I am trying to do is say if the picklist field has a value than the currency field cannot be blank.. Above it my 5th attempt and all of them allow me to save the opp without a value in B.

Any ideas would be great.
Thanks

In classic I have a URL button that when clicked opens the page of a flow in a new page. In Lighitng I am not given that option and the only thing I have is to replace the page or put a static popup on the page. Neither will work as users need to see their notes as they complete tha page.

Not being a dev I am trying to see what options there may be that will allso users to click on the buttom in Lightning and have the flow open it's page in a new screen that can be moved around as needed.

Any ideas are great and thanks in advance for any help.
Looking for what others agree on is the best practice to connect external sites to Salesforce. Currently they are using a defined user to sync but a more robust method, api, token etc.. that would 1) remove the dependencies of a user login and 2) not require the use of a SFDC user license/profile etc.. 

Thanks for any feedback
I am building a screen flow and when I format my text temples they are showing in the format of

<p>**Last Call Notes**</p><p><br></p><p>Test of the screen flow</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

The format in the flow set up as:

**Last Call Notes**

{!Review_Leadership_Sales_Challenges}

I've removed the extra rows, checked to that there were now random spaces and the only thing that changes is this section </p><p><br></p><p>

Any help would be great thanks

Trying to come up with a way to use the If And combination in a calculation. I have the following

IF( 
   And (Buyer_Present__c = false,
       ( CONTAINS(Commission__r.Name,"Ticket Commission")),
            (125 - Commission__r.Amount_to_Pay__c),
0)
)

All I am trying to get it to do is calculate the difference the dollor value of  (125 - Commission__r.Amount_to_Pay__c) when those conditions are true.
I am researching using screen pop flows as a way to check for record completion on the save or submit button. ex.. new case is created and on save a popup contains the values completed and highlights those that are needed.. from what I am finding it appears that this would need to be a apex trigger..
I am trying to see if it is possible to default a lookup field on the account object, Account Payable Control, with a value from the Financial Force custom object General Ledger "Trail Balance 4" field. Have been tryin conbinations of ispickval formuls without luck.  
In a flow that I am creating I need to be able to create a related record in a custom object based on either the user profile or role. I have a look up to the user that only has the following:

User-added image
Is Active - true
UserProfile = varUserProfile
Id = varUserId

later in the process there is a decidion that should split the users up into 4 types based on the profile. Each of the 4 have varriables set with the profile id.

User-added image

User-added image
 everything else in the flow is working except for this one decision node.. any ideas?

I am researching how I can add a check box field to a current VF page and controller. This is just a simple "do you use...." yes/no box. Any ideas would be great.
Thanks for any ideas. 
Looking for anyone that may have implemented the Chronicall Recording Link API recording process.
Working on getting this up and running but I ran into an error with the VF page. I have checked for hidden characters and formatting but just can’t seem to find why I am getting the errors below:

VF Page to be created:

<apex:page controller="ChronicallRecordingAPI" action="{!init}" showHeader="false" standardStylesheets="false">

<flow:interview name="Chronicall_Recording_Link_API">
         <apex:param name="externallistenlink" value="{!externallistenlink}"/>
         <apex:param name="callid" value="{!callid}"/>
         <apex:param name="agent" value="{!agent}"/>
         <apex:param name="callDirection" value="{!callDirection}"/>
         <apex:param name="externalNumber" value="{!externalNumber}"/>
         <apex:param name="callgroup" value="{!callgroup}"/>
         <apex:param name="calltime" value="{!calltime}"/>
         <apex:param name="calltag" value="{!calltag}"/>
     </flow:interview>
</apex:page>

public class ChronicallRecordingAPI {

public string externallistenlink {get; set;}
    public string callid{get; set;}
    public string agent{get; set;}
    public string callDirection{get; set;}
    public string externalNumber{get; set;}
    public string callgroup{get; set;}
    public string calltime{get; set;}
    public string calltag{get; set;}

public PageReference init() {
    if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('externallistenlink') != null )
         externallistenlink = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('externallistenlink');

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('callid') != null )
         callid = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('callid');

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('agent') != null )
         agent = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('agent');

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('callDirection') != null )
         callDirection = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('callDirection');

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('externalNumber') != null )
         externalNumber = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('externalNumber');        

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('group') != null )
         callgroup = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('group');                                    

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('time') != null )
         calltime = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('time');

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('tag') != null )
         calltag = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('tag');

return null;
    }
}

Errors that I am getting:

User-added image

I’ll be digging here as well but any help would be great.

Thanks

I am trying to set a picklist default in a flow screen input field. Im SFDC the field, actually 2, both have default values but in the flow the deafults are not there. I am trying to get them to preselct but cannot seem to find the correct setting. Any ideas? 
Need some ideas. I have 2 custom activity picklist fields being used as part of a flow. As only users who can access a specific function (Controlled via a button) within the activity need to complete these 2 fields I cannot make them required in the field security nor the page layouts. My question is, is that even with them both being set as required on the flow itself it is still allowing users to save the process without adding in a value. This results in a "-" in all manager reports.

Thanks for any ideas or suggests.

I crated a flow that pulles account field values into events. My issue is that it only works for the current event and will not update the series - which in most cases have been scheduled 2 years out. I was told that an trigger using the field "isRecurrence" is the way to do that but cannot find the field now how to create the trigger. Any help would be great. thanks
I need some direction.
I create a process builder flow that will update a custom account lookup fields and 4 related custom phone fields on an event. This issue that I am finding is that on older even series it will not run the update and it triggers flow errors when users do try to edit the series. I am not sure what I am missing here. Any suggestions? 
I am working on a flow that would create a new opportunity when the status and stage are set to specific values. It does run to completion on the test but will not create the actual record. I think that it might be with the lookup and assignment of the record type using the following variable:

User-added image

What makes it more enjoyable is that I need to have a decision node in this that splits the record create on the value in a custom field and then the record create will assign the record type based on the value in the custom field.

The field "Channel" would be set to "A" or "B". 
If "A" then the opp would be created with record type "A" if not type "B" needs to be created

Ideas would be great,
Thanks
I am trying to create a button that will open a word doc from the local server. What I was told is that we would fist need it to open the browser and then to open the file... a bit lost on this or even if it is doable.  Thanks
I am working on trying to have a field be requiered on a VF page while not being so in Salesforce. There are flows and process buidler applications that are preventing this so here is what I have:

<td><apex:inputfield value="{!ClientProfile__c.Primary_Parts_Supplier__c}" required="true" id="PrimaryPartsSupplier" /></td>

It does show as requiered but still allow me to save the page w/o a value.

Once I can get this to work, is there a way to set it so that one of 3 fields need to be completed prirot be being saves?

Thanks
So far I have tried this as a workflow and a process builder without luck. I am trying to work out a lfow but this is what I am trying to do:

I have a recruitng app that I built contining 3 objects, applicant, candidiate and empoyee. I am trying to find a way where I can use a selected picklist value in each to change the record type and the object that the record is located in. For example: an applicants gets moved from the applicant object and record type when the picklist value "scheduled interview" is selected. It would be a similar setup to move from candidate to employee.
What is the process for resetting a password for trailhead when the email address that is there may be wrong and the reset link is not working?
I am trying to set a picklist default in a flow screen input field. Im SFDC the field, actually 2, both have default values but in the flow the deafults are not there. I am trying to get them to preselct but cannot seem to find the correct setting. Any ideas? 
Can't belive this one is bugging me so much but I am trying to comeup with a validation rule that is using a picklist field, field A, of 0-10 and a currency field, field B.  Last try was:

If(
   NOT(ISBLANK(TEXT(  FIELD A  )),
         (FIELD B <> 0),null)

All I am trying to do is say if the picklist field has a value than the currency field cannot be blank.. Above it my 5th attempt and all of them allow me to save the opp without a value in B.

Any ideas would be great.
Thanks

In classic I have a URL button that when clicked opens the page of a flow in a new page. In Lighitng I am not given that option and the only thing I have is to replace the page or put a static popup on the page. Neither will work as users need to see their notes as they complete tha page.

Not being a dev I am trying to see what options there may be that will allso users to click on the buttom in Lightning and have the flow open it's page in a new screen that can be moved around as needed.

Any ideas are great and thanks in advance for any help.
I am building a screen flow and when I format my text temples they are showing in the format of

<p>**Last Call Notes**</p><p><br></p><p>Test of the screen flow</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

The format in the flow set up as:

**Last Call Notes**

{!Review_Leadership_Sales_Challenges}

I've removed the extra rows, checked to that there were now random spaces and the only thing that changes is this section </p><p><br></p><p>

Any help would be great thanks

Trying to come up with a way to use the If And combination in a calculation. I have the following

IF( 
   And (Buyer_Present__c = false,
       ( CONTAINS(Commission__r.Name,"Ticket Commission")),
            (125 - Commission__r.Amount_to_Pay__c),
0)
)

All I am trying to get it to do is calculate the difference the dollor value of  (125 - Commission__r.Amount_to_Pay__c) when those conditions are true.
I am trying to see if it is possible to default a lookup field on the account object, Account Payable Control, with a value from the Financial Force custom object General Ledger "Trail Balance 4" field. Have been tryin conbinations of ispickval formuls without luck.  
I am researching how I can add a check box field to a current VF page and controller. This is just a simple "do you use...." yes/no box. Any ideas would be great.
Thanks for any ideas. 
Working on getting this up and running but I ran into an error with the VF page. I have checked for hidden characters and formatting but just can’t seem to find why I am getting the errors below:

VF Page to be created:

<apex:page controller="ChronicallRecordingAPI" action="{!init}" showHeader="false" standardStylesheets="false">

<flow:interview name="Chronicall_Recording_Link_API">
         <apex:param name="externallistenlink" value="{!externallistenlink}"/>
         <apex:param name="callid" value="{!callid}"/>
         <apex:param name="agent" value="{!agent}"/>
         <apex:param name="callDirection" value="{!callDirection}"/>
         <apex:param name="externalNumber" value="{!externalNumber}"/>
         <apex:param name="callgroup" value="{!callgroup}"/>
         <apex:param name="calltime" value="{!calltime}"/>
         <apex:param name="calltag" value="{!calltag}"/>
     </flow:interview>
</apex:page>

public class ChronicallRecordingAPI {

public string externallistenlink {get; set;}
    public string callid{get; set;}
    public string agent{get; set;}
    public string callDirection{get; set;}
    public string externalNumber{get; set;}
    public string callgroup{get; set;}
    public string calltime{get; set;}
    public string calltag{get; set;}

public PageReference init() {
    if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('externallistenlink') != null )
         externallistenlink = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('externallistenlink');

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('callid') != null )
         callid = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('callid');

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('agent') != null )
         agent = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('agent');

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('callDirection') != null )
         callDirection = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('callDirection');

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('externalNumber') != null )
         externalNumber = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('externalNumber');        

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('group') != null )
         callgroup = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('group');                                    

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('time') != null )
         calltime = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('time');

if ( ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('tag') != null )
         calltag = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('tag');

return null;
    }
}

Errors that I am getting:

User-added image

I’ll be digging here as well but any help would be great.

Thanks