• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi
are there any matches between profile and permission set?
for example, in a new user, I have to match one of my profiles to the user, but where should I match the permission set to the user to complete details of permission? cause you know that profile itself does not solve the problem of access permission to a field in each object, it just solves the problem of access permission to an object.
is that correct or not
regards 
Alf
We sort of need Opportunity Products, but we don't need the complications that the Pricebooks present.  
So I've created a "Junction_obj" between Opportunity and "Master_Obj".  This object at the custom side of the Many to Many relationship contains a series of fields we want to show within a Related list in Opportunities.  

I added the Junction_obj as a Opportunity related list.  I set it to show 5  Master_Obj values.
User-added image

Clicking my 'New Opportunity Junction record'  button will show a "Junction_obj Editpage", with 3 fields:
Opportunity__c lookup (pre populated)
Junction_Obj Master-Detail(Custom_Obj) lookup
Quantity_c number (blank) 
User-added image
As the Master_Obj lookup is blank, we need to click the looking glass icon to search for Master_Obj field values to relate to the new Junction_Obj record. However, only Master_Obj.NAME {labeled MASTERID in the list} values are searchable. EG the autonumbered "CC0075" Master record Name.

Typing existing values of any other fields will fail a search.
User-added image
As a stopgap, I added a detail page button that lets users search all Master_Obj records for any values, and then copy the Name value and paste in the lookup.  It's an ugly solution with 3 redundant  steps per related list record.

I'm thinking of writing a VF with a controller class powered by SOQL that will search Master_Obj fields, and allows the selection of a record, whose ID will be set as the master of the new Junction_Obj detail record.  But this strikes me as too convoluted.  

Anyone have a better idea on how to allow the searches?

Thanks in advance.

Hi
are there any matches between profile and permission set?
for example, in a new user, I have to match one of my profiles to the user, but where should I match the permission set to the user to complete details of permission? cause you know that profile itself does not solve the problem of access permission to a field in each object, it just solves the problem of access permission to an object.
is that correct or not
regards 
Alf

Hello Apex Developers!

I am a new employee at a wealth management first. Due to the type of industry wealth management is, fields ar changing and being updated quite often (lets say as an example, tax brackets in a drop down list). I have been blazing my way through TrialHead, and have REALLY been enjoying what I have found, and my mind is loving all the opportunites I now have to create solutions for the firm, especially in regards to work flows and APEX. Anyways, back to it...

So lets say tax brackets change, or a field is replaced with another. The firm in history has created a new field, run reports, and used data loader to update fields. However none of them ever new anything about Apex, and after going through trailhead, I can't help but see the simplicity and power of it. I am familiar with coding laguages, and know there must be a simple way to iterate through all accounts or contacts looking for a certain field and entry, and updating it and assinging it to the new updated field options. Yet is seems like this actually may not be that simple using apex. Am I supposed to use a batch function, or is there a way I can run loops?

I don't need the code handed to me on a platter, but I would really appreciate a solution framework as to how I could use apex to update these fields relatively easily. If "I" could find a solution as to how I could do this, it would be implemented a couple times a week, and save countless hours of hassle and frustration.

Thank you so much guys, let me know what you think!

- David

Hi everybody
I am a web developer, I am really skilled on Wordpress, Joomla, HTML, CSS and so on, but I am a freshman in Salesforce. I started the sales dev curse, in these days I really need your help. actually, I want to figure out wat is different between permission set and profile?
In Sales dev book I faced with the load of information about profile, wich we build for each character and role or something like that...
On the Other hand, we make some changes in permission set, for example, in the book it's mentioned that we should create a profile for a recruiter, but in the permissions set it's mentioned that we should set permission for a hiring manager or etc. 
In permission set, you actually focus on details of your profile permission, but at least I didn't see any match between one profile with one user permission set.
Finally, PLZ tell me where are the matches between profile and permission set?
is there something wrong and am I confused something with something else?
PLZ tell me, ASAP, cause I am really in need of finishing my book immediately. 
My best respects
Alf

I have a set of records, 4119, for which I want to do some batch processing.  I have developed a class and executed my batch using a batch size of 15 and later a batch size of 10.

During execution, I can monitor progress on the Apex Jobs page.  Using a batch size of 10, I can see the Total Batches displays as 411.  During the course of execution, the Total Batches stays at 411 a few times while the Batches Processed increases.  However, at the 10th batch processed, the number of Total Batches shrinks to, 401.  After a few more, it shrinks to 391, and so on.  For example:

Some iterations as viewed in Apex Jobs:

Total Batches/Batches Processed
411/0
411/9
401/10
391/15
391/16
381/18
381/19
381/20
371/21

Eventually, the batch "finishes" but at the end, only a portion of the records have been processed.  It seems as though batches are lost somewhere along the way.  I don't see any failures in my debug logs and the Apex job shows no failures.  Where it started with 411, it might end up at 93 Total Batches/93 Batches Processed.  Based upon my particular logic and processing of the original 4119 records, I can tell they all haven't been touched.

Does anyone have an explanation for this or suggestions how to troubleshoot what's going on?  I reduced my batch size from 15 to 10 thinking maybe something was hitting a limit, but as noted, I never see evidence of this.

Hello,

For some reason I am getting this error: There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_OR_NULL_FOR_RESTRICTED_PICKLIST, Status: bad value for restricted picklist field: test: [Status__c]

I've actually gone through and completed the rest of the activities in this module with ease. I've recreated the status picklist 4 times to ensure I have it correct but I keep getting this error.
FLS is set to Read Only for every profile EXCEPT System Admin
New vaue is set to default

User-added image

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/project/suggestion_box/suggestion_box_2