• Positive Coaching Alliance

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, 

I'm a beginner admin for a non-profit and am hoping I can get a little assist.

I have the following formula for a data validation check on a text field when a condition is met.
AND( ( Closed__c), ISBLANK( Partner_Impact_Details__c ), (npe01__SYSTEMIsIndividual__c = FALSE ))

The condition we check for is to see if our Active Parnter field (API name Close_C) is checked or not. If the Active Partner field is checked, we want this field to be required. So just making the field required doesn't work since we have many instances of our Accounts where we don't want to force the Sales team to make an entry in the Partner Impact Score field.

When I try this formula for a picklist customized field called "Parter Impact Score", I get an error message that the formula doesn't work for picklist fields. I haven't been able to figure out how to devise a formula that if the Active Partner field is true, then require this picklist field.

This formula doens't work:
AND( ( Closed__c), ISBLANK( Partner_Impact_Score__c ), (npe01__SYSTEMIsIndividual__c = FALSE ))

Hello, 

I'm a beginner admin for a non-profit and am hoping I can get a little assist.

I have the following formula for a data validation check on a text field when a condition is met.
AND( ( Closed__c), ISBLANK( Partner_Impact_Details__c ), (npe01__SYSTEMIsIndividual__c = FALSE ))

The condition we check for is to see if our Active Parnter field (API name Close_C) is checked or not. If the Active Partner field is checked, we want this field to be required. So just making the field required doesn't work since we have many instances of our Accounts where we don't want to force the Sales team to make an entry in the Partner Impact Score field.

When I try this formula for a picklist customized field called "Parter Impact Score", I get an error message that the formula doesn't work for picklist fields. I haven't been able to figure out how to devise a formula that if the Active Partner field is true, then require this picklist field.

This formula doens't work:
AND( ( Closed__c), ISBLANK( Partner_Impact_Score__c ), (npe01__SYSTEMIsIndividual__c = FALSE ))