• Salesforce Technical Architect
  • Entergy

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
When I read the content of the Trailhead Module on iPhone 7, header of the content takes up around 20% of the top screen. When viewed horizontally, it takes around 40% of the top screen (see screenshots). I could not find a way to collapse the header.

Does anyone know how to collapse the header?
Or is it a Responsive User Interface issue?

See attached screenshots. 
Trailhead Module on iPhone 7 - vertical view

Trailhead Module on iPhone 7 - Horizontal view
I'm unable to find/see the "Home" icon on the left hand bar, where other Icons are. I wanted to browse the "Home" page after doing some customization. This is Lightening Developer Edition.
Unable to pass the challenge ‘Extending Reports Using the AppExchange’.

I’m able to complete entire challenge on this module, but when I submit the chellenge it gives me following error message: I know and I can see that my Pie Chart Wedges are name ‘Lead Source’ but I still get this error. What could be the issue? Is there anything else I can verify?

The 'LEAD Trend by Source' dashboard component does not have the wedges set to 'Lead Source'.
I'm unable to uninstall the package 'Salesforce Adoption Dashboards'. I recently upgraded to lightening. 
Hi there,

I got following error on this Maintenance Cert Badge.

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Couldn’t find 'Find Contacts' with the correct information. Please double check the instructions.

Did you pass it?
What's wrong with my flow.
User-added image

Thanks in advance
Regards,
LinThaw
I want to delete the users in production because as they are leaving the company so is it enough to deactivate the user in production or else do we have to delete the permissionset and profiles which were assigned to the user already?
Can any body asnwer this ASAP Which is needfull???
1)if 10 records are there for one user can see all the 10 records but another user can see only 4 records
2) how to give permissions to 2 fields for different users who belong to different profiles?

Please any guidance for the above two questions will be greatful ...thanks in advance
Hi,

can please someone explain me parent child & master detail relationship in salesforce

Regards
Pranav Shah
I am getting Unabe to Lock Row wile inseting reocrods - 

1. I am fetching Inventory reserve records form database by using SOQL query. Inventory reserve has a look up of sales order line. -> So I am gettinh SO Lines from inventory reserves.-> I am updating list of sales order lines 
I am gettig unable to lock row while updating sales order line.

I can use "FOR UPDATE" key word while quering Inventory reserve records, but my doubt that error is coming while updating sales order lines , so It will work??

Thanks
Ranu

Hi
I have brief knowledge on OWD and sharing settings.
Please explain how OWD=Controlled By parent  actually works.
what it can impact?

also say OWD=private / public readonly for account object, if I share set of records using sharing criteria to a group of users will they also have
access to related contact , opportunity & cases records?

Thanks
vandana 

I have created a process using the processor builder with the below criteria
If record type is X
and field X is false submit for approval
else
If record type is X
and field X is true submit for approval (different approval process)

The first criteria works but when setting field x to true i get (On creation)
This record is currently in an approval process. A record can be in only one approval process at a time.
Hi,

I have used Eclipce IDE, to create Force.com project by checking out all my Dev SF POD apex classes, aura components and static Resources. From which I have checkIn the code to Git Repository. Also able to deploy the code from Eclipce to Salesforce.

I have found a online below tool to deploy code directly from Git to Salesforce. Not sure how secure is this.
https://githubsfdeploy.herokuapp.com/

So, can we deploy the code from Git to Salesforce directly using CLI?

Regards
Jansi

Regards
Jansi
Greetings, I am working on the Prevent XSS in Force.Com Applications Trailhead, so far I've gotten most of the sections cleared. However, I seem to be stuck with this one. I've attempted many ways to assign JSENCODE, HTMLENCODE and JSINHTMLENCODE where needed but seem to stuck, are there any steps I should take here. My code's below. Hope it helps!

<apex:page controller="XSS_Mitigations_Challenge" sidebar="false" tabStyle="XSS_Mitigations_Challenge__tab">
<apex:sectionHeader title="XSS Mitigations Challenge" />
<apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageMessages />      
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Demo" columns="1" id="tableBlock">
            <c:codeLink type="Visualforce" namespace="" edit="true" name="XSS_Mitigations_Challenge" description="Edit this Visualforce page to perform the challenge."/>

<apex:outputText value="{!JSENCODE(sampleMergeField1)}"/>

<apex:outputText value="{!HTMLENCODE(sampleMergeField2)}" escape="false"/>

<apex:outputText >
                {!sampleMergeField3}
            </apex:outputText>

<script>
                document.write('{!JSENCODE(sampleMergeField4)}');
            </script>

{!sampleMergeField5}

<script>
                var x = '{!JSENCODE(sampleMergeField6)}';
            </script>

<apex:outputLabel value="{!sampleMergeField7}" escape="false"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Code links" columns="1">
            <apex:outputPanel >
                <ul>
                    <li><c:codeLink type="Visualforce" namespace="" name="XSS_Mitigations_Challenge" description="Visualforce Page"/></li>            
                    <li><c:codeLink type="Apex" namespace="" name="XSS_Mitigations_Challenge" description="Apex Controller"/></li>
                </ul>
            </apex:outputPanel>        
        </apex:pageBlockSection>        
    </apex:pageBlock>          
</apex:form>              
</apex:page>

Hi All
      how to unlock the record through code or through process builder , could you please advise me
thanks
I was messing with unlocking opportunities.  The business requires Opportunities submitted for Approval in the "Signed and Submited for Approval" stage to be unlocked.  Currently in the UI when you do this it locks the record and places an unlock button that allows you to unlock the record only if you have an admin profile/modify all permission.  I used the sample code from the method guide to make this trigger:

trigger triggerUnlock on Opportunity (after update) {

Opportunity[] oList = [SELECT Id from Opportunity Where Id IN : Trigger.new and StageName = 'Signed and Submitted for Approval']; 

Approval.UnlockResult[] urList = Approval.unlock(oList, false);

for(Approval.UnlockResult ur : urList) {
    if (ur.isSuccess()) {
        // Operation was successful, so get the ID of the record that was processed
        System.debug('Successfully unlocked opportunity with ID: ' + ur.getId());
    }
    else {
        // Operation failed, so get all errors                
        for(Database.Error err : ur.getErrors()) {
            System.debug('The following error has occurred.');                    
            System.debug(err.getStatusCode() + ': ' + err.getMessage());
            System.debug('Opportunity fields that affected this error: ' + err.getFields());
        }
    }
}

}
Using debug logs I can tell that it is unlocking the opportunity record when it is submitted for approval.  But in the UI it still has the unlock button and the record is locked.  So is the "Approval.unlock()" method used specifically to unlock the record only for apex uses?  Does record lock itself again after all code has ran?  Is there something I can do to keep the record unlocked so a user can still edit it?  Thanks

• August 25, 2016
Can someone tell me how to run this scheduled job manually from the Developer Console?
global class ScheduleBatchCreateMonthlyCharges implements Schedulable
{
  public ScheduleBatchCreateMonthlyCharges() 
  {

}

global void execute(SchedulableContext SC)
  {
      Id batchInstanceId = database.executeBatch(new BatchCreateMonthlyCharges(), 1);
  }
}

Thank you
I have a class which implements schedulable and below class which schedules the job
public class LeadNotContactedStart{
  public void startRun() {
        leadNotContactedImplimentation dtr = new leadNotContactedImplimentation();
        String sch = '0 0 * * * ?';
        if(test.isrunningtest()){
            system.schedule('Lead not contacted Test', sch, dtr);
        }  
        else{
            system.schedule('Lead not contacted', sch, dtr);
        }
    }
}

I needed to to edit the class which implements the schedulable in order to achieve that I had to delete the existed running scheduled job. Now after editing how could I restart same job.

Hi,

I have a multi step approval process in place for Opportunity object.
The record gets locked When the opportunity is submitted for approval.
There is a group of users which needs to edit the opportunity records, irrespective of what the stage is. They should be able to edit the fields whether they are just submitted for approval, or in approved stage.

If we unlock the record during approval, it would be editable by all the users. But we need to restrict the editable property only to that particular group pf users.

Please let me know if you know of any method which can do this..or let me know if you need to know anything else.

Thanks.
Sumit

• September 25, 2013

Hi,

I am accessing custom setting values in my apex code and its working fine. When I am calling it through test class then No values gets in from Custom Setting. It always blank in test class. Can somebody help me to understand why custom settings values are not accessible in test class.

Thanks,

Vinod Kumar

Can you import queue members using data loader? If yes - what is the object name.

Thanks..

I am trying to execute the following code for recalling an approval process an ends up getting the following error

execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_OPERATION, Illegal transition type:

Approval.ProcessWorkItemRequest pwr = new Approval.ProcessWorkItemRequest();

List<ProcessInstance> procins = new List<ProcessInstance>([select Id from ProcessInstance where Status = 'Pending' and TargetObjectId = :objectId]);
// Retrieve the process work instance id associated to the process instance
            List<ProcessInstanceWorkitem>  workitem = new List<ProcessInstanceWorkitem>([select Id from ProcessInstanceWorkitem where ProcessInstanceId = :procins[0].id]);

if ((workitem != null) && (workitem.size() > 0))
            {
                pwr.SetComments(statusToUpdate);

pwr.setWorkItemId(workitem[0].id);
                pwr.setAction('Remove');

// Execute process request
                Approval.ProcessResult pr = Approval.process(pwr);

}

(Newbie alert...)

I want to define a new custom object called "Bug". Conceptually, there would be a one-to-many relationship between Bug and Cases, as a single Bug could be at the root of many different Accounts reporting the same problem.

Presumably, I would need to add a custom field of BugId to the Case object. However, I obviously want to enforce referential Integrity. Does Salesforce or sforece provide a method of enforcing referential integrity automatically? 

My experience with manually enforcing referntial integrity via apllicative code has been dismal...

Any ideas?

TIA

Lavie

• February 26, 2004