• Member since 2015
  • Salesforce Lead/Architect

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have an API user with system administator profile that we wish to have cloned to a custom profile with everything the same except the password does not expire.

Is this a bad practice? Reason, we have SOA processes that are failing when the password is set to expire. Need to ensure the dependent processes are not affected by enforced password policy.
Hi,

Can any one suggest me how to send outbound message from one salesforce org to another salesforce org.
Please mention the steps.
I need out put in the salesforce org.
I was able to see the result in http://requestb.in/ but I want see the result in salesforce org.

Thanks,
Lakshmi
What is Standard setcontroller?

What are the diffrences between standard controller and standard setcontroller?

I have gone through Salesfroce doc but did not get it.

Can anyone provide a general and understandable approcah.

Thanks
SKT
what is the limitation of Batch class in salesforfce and how we can overcome those limits ?

thanks in advance.

• January 10, 2016
I've read through a lot of the infomation and posts, but am still unable to change a required field so it isn't required. The check box is greyed out. It is a standard field.
We have an API user with system administator profile that we wish to have cloned to a custom profile with everything the same except the password does not expire.

Is this a bad practice? Reason, we have SOA processes that are failing when the password is set to expire. Need to ensure the dependent processes are not affected by enforced password policy.
Another title for this post could have been : "How can I remove the New button from the Recent list view ?"

I don't want my users to be able to use the New button for a certain custom object. I have taken it out of the List Views, but it is still appearing in the Recent list view for that object. 

I can't find a way to get rid of it. The only thing I can think of is to maybe replace the Recent view with a Visualforce page. But how do I do that ? Is that possible ? If so, what would the code be for that ? 

If you know of an easier way to get rid of the New button in a Recent view I would love to hear about it.

Thank you.
  • January 07, 2016

In the following document:

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/198/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/api_rest.pdf
on page 21 it states:

Partners, who wish to get an OAuth consumer Id for authentication, can contact Salesforce

I am reading this as I can make a request to Salesforce for a consumer id. I assume that they will provide me with a consumer id and consumer secret which would allow me to initiate the OAuth flow on behalf of any Salesforce organization without them having to install a connected app.

Is this correct? 

Has anyone been able to make REST calls without requiring the installation of connected app through the marketplace?
Here is my code for a challenge .
<apex:page standardController="Account" recordsetVar="accounts">
    <apex:pageBlock title="Account List">

<apex:repeat value="{!accounts}" var="a">
<li> 
    <apex:outputLink value="https://ap2.salesforce.com/{!a.ID}"> {!a.ID} </apex:outputLink>

</li>         

</apex:repeat>
   </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>
I am getting perfect output but when i click on check challenge button. I get the below error in trailhead:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The page does not bind to the record ID value (in order to link to the record detail page)
Hello All,

I am preparing for the 201 Admin Certification  and can anyone share the latest  content list  (topics to  study ) That would help me. Thank you
NPI (National Provider Identifier) provides an API, I also see bloomapi.com and
npibox.com that apparently provide the same information. 
I want to be able to lookup NPI when sales reps are creating accounts (and or opportunities?) to get clean data and NPI Id. 
Any preferences or experience with these? 
Thanks!
Andres
  • December 23, 2015
Hi 

I created a development account and created custom configuration & coding for learning purpose; I want to clean account by removing all those configuration and coding; It shoulb as clean as I create a fresh account.

Is there any way I can clean my account.

Thanks In Advance
Priya