• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi SalesForce,

I am following up on a case (#12852410) that was initiating at the beginning of this month (Dec 2).  We hit our API limit 2 days in a row and were trying to understand the reason why, as this was causing problems for our team.  Namely, two of the tools we use (and that integrate with SalesForce) were experiencing intermittent failures.  I reached out to the providers of these products (Ebsta and SalesLoft) to see if they knew what was causing the failures and neither really accepted blame for the high number of API calls.  We've hit the limit a couple other times since Dec 2.

I spoke with a SalesForce Tech Support representative last Friday (Andrew Mandalejo) and he recommended that I post on this discussion board and wait for a developer to reach out to me, as he was unable to provide details about where exactly our API calls were coming from and what was causing the limit to be exceeded.  He did say, though, that more often than not these failures are caused by 3rd party tools.  Aside from SalesLoft and Ebsta, I believe the only 3rd party tool we use is Data Loader.

I would like a developer to look at our account and tell me what tool is causing the limit to be reached and recommend a course of action to prevent these failures in the future.  Second, I would like a developer to share pricing information about potentially increasing our API limit.

Thanks,
Max