• 10 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a request to block our sales team from selecting certain values on the lead status. 
Only marketing should be able to select Prospect, Marketing Qualified, Engaged
Sales can select Sales Accepted and Not Qualified

When I try and create the validation rule I was running into a problem because once the lead status is at Marketing Qualified the sales rep is not able to convert the lead since the validation rule is triggering.  I'm only interested in blocking them from selecting the value but want to allow them to edit the rest of the data or change the lead status to one of thier allowed values:  Sales Accepted or Not Qualified.

AND(
$Profile.Name <> "Marketing",
$Profile.Name <> "Marketing User",
$Profile.Name <> "Marketo-Salesforce Sync",
OR(
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE( Status) , "Sales Accepted"),
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE( Status) , "Not Qualified"),
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE( Status) , "Could Not Connect")
))

I have a request to block our sales team from selecting certain values on the lead status. 
Only marketing should be able to select Prospect, Marketing Qualified, Engaged
Sales can select Sales Accepted and Not Qualified

When I try and create the validation rule I was running into a problem because once the lead status is at Marketing Qualified the sales rep is not able to convert the lead since the validation rule is triggering.  I'm only interested in blocking them from selecting the value but want to allow them to edit the rest of the data or change the lead status to one of thier allowed values:  Sales Accepted or Not Qualified.

AND(
$Profile.Name <> "Marketing",
$Profile.Name <> "Marketing User",
$Profile.Name <> "Marketo-Salesforce Sync",
OR(
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE( Status) , "Sales Accepted"),
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE( Status) , "Not Qualified"),
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE( Status) , "Could Not Connect")
))