• Certified Salesforce Administrator
  • Vivial Media, LLC

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a process builder flow that sets the value fo a custom email field on the Case object to the value of the email field of a particular Contact related to the Account related to the case.  This process should only fire under specific conditions:
1) The Case record type name is "Content"
2)The Case.Account_Primary_Main_Contact__c field is blank (has not been previously populated)
3) The record type name of the Opportunity related to the Case is NOT "Reseller"
4) The Account.Primary_Contact__c.Email field of the Account related to the case is not blank
5) The value of the Account.Needs_Approval_For_PUblishing__c picklist field on the Account related to the case is either "Yes" or "No"

Here is the Formula I am using in the Criteria node of the process:
AND(
[Case].RecordType.Name = "Content",
ISBLANK([Case].Account_Primary_Main_Contact_Email__c),
[Case].Opportunity__c.RecordType.Name <> "Reseller",
NOT(ISBLANK([Case].Account.Primary_Contact__c.Email)),
ISPICKVAL([Case].Account.Needs_Approval_for_Publishing__c, "Yes") || ISPICKVAL([Case].Account.Needs_Approval_for_Publishing__c, "No"))
So I would expect that if the Account.Primary_Contact__c.Email field is blank...this formual woudl equate to FALSE and therefore the process would stop...instead the process attempts to run and I get the following error:
"The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Account.Primary_Contact__c.Email because it hasn't been set or assigned."

If that value isn't set...shouldn't the flow follow the criteria logic and just not run on that record?

;
I have an email alert that currently sends from the current users address.  I know that I can change this to an Org-Wide default - but is there a way to dynamically change it to the record owner?

We are sending email alerts from Cases via a process flow.  The user who is kicking off the flow is not necessarily the case owner BUT I want the email that is sent to be sent from the case owner such that the case owner's email address shows in the "From" line and replies to the email go that address.
Is there any report or log of some kind - perhaps some way to tell from Logins - which of my users have the Salesforce1 app.
This has happened in a number of different flows and I cant pinpoint how to prevent it.  Here is an example:
"The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id because it hasn't been set or assigned."
This error is occuring in a flow...but in the flow criteria I have the folllowing line:

"[Account].Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id Is null Boolean False"

I thought that would prevent the flow from attempting to complete the Action if the Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id field was empty...but instead it is causing the flow to error and the user is unable to save the record that started the flow.  The desired behavior is that if the Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id is empty, the flow should simply stop and do nothing else - not throw an error and prevent the user from progressing.
I am building a process flow using Process Builder.  As part of the criteria, the process should not proceed if a particular email field is not populated.  The only choice from the Process Builder is to check for isNull but I feel like this doesnt work if the email address (Field Type Email) is actually a String type in which case isBlank would be appropriate.
I have a business need to restrict a picklist value if a particular DateTime field is within 180 days.  My rule looks like this:

AND(
ISPICKVAL(Recurring_Post__c , "Yes"),
 DATEVALUE( Last_Drafted_Date__c )<NOW()-180)
Last_Drafted_Date__c is of type DateTime which is why I am using the DATEVALUE function to return a Date BUT I keep getting the folowing error:  Incorrect argument type for function 'DATEVALUE()'

I cant seem to figure out what Im doing wrong!
I have a Process flow that starts with a Case but criteria such that it should only run when the associated Account is a particular RecordType.  I am getting error reports that  "The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Account.RecordType.Name because it hasn't been set or assigned."  I don't understand how there can be an Account without a RecordType - even if the RecordType wasn't explicitly set when the Account was created - (such as having been converted from a Lead) the Account would still have the default RecordType.
My requirement is to only allow users with the profile of "Freelance Writer" to change the value of the Status__c picklist if the current value of Status__c is "Assigned", "Sent For Revisions by Editor", or "Sent for Revision by Client". Here is what I have so far:

AND
(
 $Profile.Name = "Freelance Writer",
ISCHANGED(Status__c),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Status__c,"Assigned")),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Status__c,"Sent for Revisions by Editor")),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Status__c,"Sent for Revisions by Client")))
But its not quite right - seems it restricts the user from making change to Status__c even if Status__c is set to one of the acceptable values.  Do I somehow need to use PRIORVALUE for this?

I have a picklist on a custom object called Status__c.  This field has many value options including "Assigned" and "Sent for Revision". If the user is a particular profile, I ONLY want them to be able to change the picklist value if the current value is "Assigned" or "Sent for Revision".  So far this is what I have:
AND(ISCHANGED(Status__c),
OR(
NOT(
 ISPICKVAL( PRIORVALUE (Status__c), "Assigned"),
 ISPICKVAL( PRIORVALUE (Status__c), "Sent for Revisions"),
 ($Profile.Name = "Freelance Writer")
)

Of course this isnt correct, but Im having trouble determining where my logic and/or syntax is off.

Decent admin - complete newbie when it comes to coding. I am attempting to solve my very first real live org problem using a trigger. This is going to be the first “non-tutorial” trigger I have ever written and it might be a bit more than I bargained for. Here is the scenario:
I have a lookup to User on the Account object “SRM__c”. When  SRM__c  is populated – I need to update the Case Owner to the User populated in SRM__c for every OPEN case that is related to the Account.
trigger updateRelatedSRMCaseOwner on Account (after insert, after update){
      for (Case c : Trigger new){
         if (c.isClosed = FALSE && NOT(ISBLANK(Account.SRM))){
             c.OwnerID = Account.SRM;
              update c;
         }
     }
}
I don’t think I can run the trigger on Account object…then have the FOR loop looking for CASES can I?
Then I think I need the UserID of the User that is populated in the Account.SRM field but I have no idea what the syntax for that should be. Im also not sure that I can use both the Case and Account objects in the same IF statement. HELP!!!!!

Hello!

I have a custom button on the case object that defaults the "From" address when opening the email template/edit screen and also makes sure the email gets logged in the email related list on the case from which it originates.  The button does what it is supposed to do BUT when clicked from the service cloud console it takes over the primary tab instead of opening a subtab.  When I try to use the srcUp function, I get an error saying "Url no longer exists".  Can somebody help? 

My button is a Detail Page Button with the following:
/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid={!Case.ContactId}&rtype=003&p3_lkid= 
{!Case.Id}&p26=Support@theberrycompany.com&retURL=%2F{!Case.Id}

whenever I try enclosing it with srcUp - even if I use an IF statement to check if I'm in the console or not - I get the URL No lOnger Exists error.

I have a process builder flow that sets the value fo a custom email field on the Case object to the value of the email field of a particular Contact related to the Account related to the case.  This process should only fire under specific conditions:
1) The Case record type name is "Content"
2)The Case.Account_Primary_Main_Contact__c field is blank (has not been previously populated)
3) The record type name of the Opportunity related to the Case is NOT "Reseller"
4) The Account.Primary_Contact__c.Email field of the Account related to the case is not blank
5) The value of the Account.Needs_Approval_For_PUblishing__c picklist field on the Account related to the case is either "Yes" or "No"

Here is the Formula I am using in the Criteria node of the process:
AND(
[Case].RecordType.Name = "Content",
ISBLANK([Case].Account_Primary_Main_Contact_Email__c),
[Case].Opportunity__c.RecordType.Name <> "Reseller",
NOT(ISBLANK([Case].Account.Primary_Contact__c.Email)),
ISPICKVAL([Case].Account.Needs_Approval_for_Publishing__c, "Yes") || ISPICKVAL([Case].Account.Needs_Approval_for_Publishing__c, "No"))
So I would expect that if the Account.Primary_Contact__c.Email field is blank...this formual woudl equate to FALSE and therefore the process would stop...instead the process attempts to run and I get the following error:
"The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Account.Primary_Contact__c.Email because it hasn't been set or assigned."

If that value isn't set...shouldn't the flow follow the criteria logic and just not run on that record?

;
This has happened in a number of different flows and I cant pinpoint how to prevent it.  Here is an example:
"The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id because it hasn't been set or assigned."
This error is occuring in a flow...but in the flow criteria I have the folllowing line:

"[Account].Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id Is null Boolean False"

I thought that would prevent the flow from attempting to complete the Action if the Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id field was empty...but instead it is causing the flow to error and the user is unable to save the record that started the flow.  The desired behavior is that if the Content_Editor_Contact__r.Id is empty, the flow should simply stop and do nothing else - not throw an error and prevent the user from progressing.
I have a business need to restrict a picklist value if a particular DateTime field is within 180 days.  My rule looks like this:

AND(
ISPICKVAL(Recurring_Post__c , "Yes"),
 DATEVALUE( Last_Drafted_Date__c )<NOW()-180)
Last_Drafted_Date__c is of type DateTime which is why I am using the DATEVALUE function to return a Date BUT I keep getting the folowing error:  Incorrect argument type for function 'DATEVALUE()'

I cant seem to figure out what Im doing wrong!
I have a Process flow that starts with a Case but criteria such that it should only run when the associated Account is a particular RecordType.  I am getting error reports that  "The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Account.RecordType.Name because it hasn't been set or assigned."  I don't understand how there can be an Account without a RecordType - even if the RecordType wasn't explicitly set when the Account was created - (such as having been converted from a Lead) the Account would still have the default RecordType.
My requirement is to only allow users with the profile of "Freelance Writer" to change the value of the Status__c picklist if the current value of Status__c is "Assigned", "Sent For Revisions by Editor", or "Sent for Revision by Client". Here is what I have so far:

AND
(
 $Profile.Name = "Freelance Writer",
ISCHANGED(Status__c),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Status__c,"Assigned")),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Status__c,"Sent for Revisions by Editor")),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Status__c,"Sent for Revisions by Client")))
But its not quite right - seems it restricts the user from making change to Status__c even if Status__c is set to one of the acceptable values.  Do I somehow need to use PRIORVALUE for this?

I have a picklist on a custom object called Status__c.  This field has many value options including "Assigned" and "Sent for Revision". If the user is a particular profile, I ONLY want them to be able to change the picklist value if the current value is "Assigned" or "Sent for Revision".  So far this is what I have:
AND(ISCHANGED(Status__c),
OR(
NOT(
 ISPICKVAL( PRIORVALUE (Status__c), "Assigned"),
 ISPICKVAL( PRIORVALUE (Status__c), "Sent for Revisions"),
 ($Profile.Name = "Freelance Writer")
)

Of course this isnt correct, but Im having trouble determining where my logic and/or syntax is off.

Decent admin - complete newbie when it comes to coding. I am attempting to solve my very first real live org problem using a trigger. This is going to be the first “non-tutorial” trigger I have ever written and it might be a bit more than I bargained for. Here is the scenario:
I have a lookup to User on the Account object “SRM__c”. When  SRM__c  is populated – I need to update the Case Owner to the User populated in SRM__c for every OPEN case that is related to the Account.
trigger updateRelatedSRMCaseOwner on Account (after insert, after update){
      for (Case c : Trigger new){
         if (c.isClosed = FALSE && NOT(ISBLANK(Account.SRM))){
             c.OwnerID = Account.SRM;
              update c;
         }
     }
}
I don’t think I can run the trigger on Account object…then have the FOR loop looking for CASES can I?
Then I think I need the UserID of the User that is populated in the Account.SRM field but I have no idea what the syntax for that should be. Im also not sure that I can use both the Case and Account objects in the same IF statement. HELP!!!!!