• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi everyone,

I have a use case where when a parent record's status is updated to "Active," I want to update the status of the most recently created child record only. I am trying to think through a possible way to do this without apex. I've tried building a flow but am stuck on whether it is possible to use a loop to look through child records by created date and only return the child record with the most recent created date. 

Any thoughts/advice are much appreciated. 

Stephanie
Hi everyone,

I recently gained access to event monitoring in Salesforce in order to monitor our API requests. 

I am wondering if anyone can tell me which Event Types to query in order to monitor these requests. There is a RestApi event ype, an API event type, Bulk Api event type. 

Can anyone please provide a description of what these different event types are, which are best to pull to monitor API requests, and if there is any overlap in log files between these event types?

Thanks!
Stephanie
Hi!

I would love to get some quick help with this validation rule:

NOT( 
OR( 
ISBLANK(Last_Name__c),REGEX(Last_Name__c ,"([a-zA-Z-])*")))

What I want is for Last Name to include only a-z, A-Z, hyphens or spaces. 

When I first wrote it as this: REGEX(Last_Name__c ,"([a-zA-Z])*")))  -- without the hyphen, I was getting it to work to allow spaces. However, once I added the hyphen in, the hyphen was allowed but spaces were no longer allowed. 

What am I doing wrong here? 

Thanks!
Stephanie
Hi,

I've read many differents things online from Salesforce and help groups for monitoring API usage. I know that I can see overall API usage from System Overview in Setup. I know that there is the API Calls Made Within Last 7 Days report which shows SOAP requests. I know that I can download event logs for a more detailed analysis. 

My issue is that my company is routinely coming close or going beyond 85% usage (our allowance is 36,000 calls). I am trying to see where all of these calls are coming. The API Calls Made Within Last 7 Days shows max 12,000 calls in anyone day. Any recommendations on how to easily decipher the Rest API calls that are being made--which I assume counts for everything else. I've downloaded Event logs for a 1 day in a csv file but there are perhaps 2000 records max. 

I would really appreciate any recommendations on how to determine where 30,000+ calls are coming from. Our majors 3rd party apps are Docusign and FormAssembly. 

Thanks!
Stephanie