• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I am using the standard Products object. Whenever I go to the Products tab, it leads me to an initial page layout where the Assets view, Price List view is displayed, what I don't need for this.

Is there any form to get rid of these lists/views?. I only would like to have there the recent products, nothing else.

I would appreciate your answers.
Hi all.

how can a hierarchy structure of products can be built in Salesforce?. Something like this:

User-added image
Hi Salesforce Success Community,

hopefully somebody here will answer my question. I couldn't find any clear description how to customize a quote template so it shows a more complex style than the standard one.

I have already quotes in my Dev Org environment, so what I would like is only to make the quote template prettier and somebody told me to use Visualforce, Apex, etc.

Does anybody know any page where it is clearly described how to customize a quote template?.
I just found this page:

https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Creating_Professional_PDF_Documents_with_CSS_and_Visualforce

Unfortunatelly I can not follow what there is described. I have installed Simple Quotes (from AppExchange), but I can not see  or find the controller they are talking about.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Salesforce Development Community,

I am looking for the possibility to use dependent lookups or as a second option using a controlling lookup called Country and a dependent picklist called Province (Provincia).
Only when I choose Spain as country in the controlling lookup field I should be able to see as options in the picklist (or dependent lookup field) all Spanish provinces. If I choose another country, say Germany, the dependent picklist field or dependent lookup field shouldn't appear in the layout.

Take in account that there are 243 or more countries and it wouldn't be optimal to show all them in a picklist.

If what I described above is not possible so, is there another possibility to implement that, for example in Visualforce or with APEX programms, etc.?.

I would really appreciate your help.

Regards
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a practical way to filter a view without having to create a view adding filters but like in Siebel just doing a query where then empty fields appear where you can type the criteria values directly on the applet (view) so after pressing Go yo can see all records related to those criteria.

Any comments are pretty welcome.
Hi all,

I would like to create two dependent lookup fields, one for Country and one for State. On change of country the corresponding state values should be displayed in the state lookup. How can I implement this?.

Hi all,

we are working on a project based on students recruitment.
Our client is a Mexican university. Candidates for study programms can fill first a form in order for them to send their data about the Master they are interested in studying to the Secretary. Data, which would be registrated in Salesforce with a Web-to-Lead form.

Candidates for a study programm are registered first as Leads. By trying to convert a lead a new account would be created. As in this case students or future students are not considered business accounts, but person accounts. Is it possible to automate this, so the generated account has the same name as the lead and not the contact instead?.User-added image
Hi all,

Our client is a Mexican university. Candidates for study programms can fill first a form in order for them to send their data about the Master they are interested in studying to the Secretary. Data, which would be registrated in Salesforce with a Web-to-Lead form.

After lead conversion we all know that this generates a new account, a new contact and a new opportunity. 

We are a bit confuse about using Accounts in this project.
It can happen that someone recommends a candidate the Mexican university, it can be a professor, a former student or a friend (a prescriptor).

So, we were thinking as a possibility to use the lead conversion to convert the candidates or leads in accounts (Clients/Customers) and their "prescriptors" as contacts.

Would it be a good approach? if so, is it possible to build this approach in Salesforce?
Hi all,

is it possible to show a subform which fields to appear depend on the value selected in a Lookup field (we have more than 100 values to display for selection?.

For example. In a form I choose Master in Biomedicine and after choosing this the corresponding subform (not form but subform) appears.

By the way, is there any other way to show values to select besides a Picklist and a Lookup?. I don't know if there are the ones who once worked with Siebel CRM. There for example there is a possibility to click on an icon near the field where to select the value, and a Pick Applet appear with a list of records where you can select one of them. It seems to me that a Lookup can not do it.

Hi all,

I am using the standard Products object. Whenever I go to the Products tab, it leads me to an initial page layout where the Assets view, Price List view is displayed, what I don't need for this.

Is there any form to get rid of these lists/views?. I only would like to have there the recent products, nothing else.

I would appreciate your answers.
Hi all.

how can a hierarchy structure of products can be built in Salesforce?. Something like this:

User-added image
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a practical way to filter a view without having to create a view adding filters but like in Siebel just doing a query where then empty fields appear where you can type the criteria values directly on the applet (view) so after pressing Go yo can see all records related to those criteria.

Hi all,

Candidates for a study programm are registered first as Leads. By trying to convert a lead a new account would be created. As in this case students or future students are not considered business accounts, but person accounts. Is it possible to automate this, so the generated account has the same name as the lead and not the contact instead?.User-added image