• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Everyone,

I have 3 validation rules that looks a qty of a field and the available qty on the account record and it restricts creation if the login in qty is > than the available qty.

The issue is that I have 3 separate validation rules that looks at the same Login Qty field is the and when they are all activated that conflict with each other. Can you assist in creating a single formula that acts for the 3?

Formula 1: 
AND( Login_Qty__c > Account__r.Total_Of_User_Login_s_Available__c) 
&& 
NOT( No_Charge_Login__c = TRUE)

Formula 2:
AND(Login_Qty__c > Account__r.Total_Of_Systems_Login_s_Availab__c ) 
&& 

Formula 3:
AND(Login_Qty__c > Account__r.Total_Of_Login_s_Available__c) 
&& 

Thanks!
Helo,

I'm trying to figure out why the below formula is only populating some records and not all. Can some one please assist?

IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'BC', 1, 'CA', 1, 'NV', 1,'OR', 1, 'WA', 1, 'YT', 1, 0) >=1, "Pacific (PST)", null)+ 
IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'AB', 1, 'AZ', 1, 'CO', 1,'ID', 1, 'MT', 1, 'NM', 1, 'UT', 1, 'WY', 1, 0) >= 1, "Mountain (MST)", null)+ 
IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'AL', 1, 'AR', 1, 'IL', 1, 'IA', 1,'KS', 1, 'LA', 1, 'MB', 1, 'MN', 1,'MS', 1,'MO', 1,'NE', 1,'ND', 1, 'OK', 1,'SD', 1, 'SK', 1, 'WI', 1, 0) >= 1, "Central (CST)", null)+ 
IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'CT', 1, 'DE', 1, 'GA', 1, 'ME', 1, 'MD', 1, 'MA', 1,'MI', 1, 'NH', 1, 'NJ', 1, 'NY', 1, 'NC', 1, 'OH', 1, 'ON', 1, 'PA', 1, 'QC', 1, 'RI', 1, 'SC', 1, 'VT', 1, 'VA', 1, 'WV', 1, 0) >= 1, "Eastern (EST)", null)+ 
IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'AK', 1, 0) >=1, "Alaskan (AKST)", null)+ 
IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'HI', 1, 0) >=1, "Hawaiian (HAST)", null)+ 
IF(ShippingState = 'FL', IF(MID(Phone,2,3) = "850","Central (CST)","Eastern (EST)"),null)+ 
IF(ShippingState = 'IN', IF(MID(Phone,2,3) = "219","Central (CST)","Eastern (EST)"),null)+ 
IF(ShippingState = 'KY', IF(MID(Phone,2,3) = "270","Central (CST)","Eastern (EST)"),null)+ 
IF(ShippingState = 'TX', IF(MID(Phone,2,3) = "915","Mountain (MST)","Central (CST)"),null)+ 
IF(ShippingState = 'TN', IF(CASE(MID(Phone,2,3),"865",1,"423",1,0)>=1,"Eastern (EST)", "Central (CST)"),null)
Hello,

I have a validation rule that I need to pretend a record from being save on creation on the Training Object if the record will exceed the number of Hours Purchased (Formula Field on a related Account Object).

My current formula looks like this but it is only working when I edit the record.

AND(Account__r.Total_of_Hours_Used__c > Account__r.Total_Of_Hours_Purchased__c, ISPICKVAL( Account__r.Training_Billing_Type__c, "Prepaid"),
AND( ISNEW() 
)
)

Hello,

I'm totally new to triggers and have been trying to figure out how to create a Apex Trigger on the Opportunity object that looks at Product object that would return data based on custom number field.

For example:

1. If an Opportunity contains a product line that has a default value such as Standard Training Hours (Custom number field on Pricebook entry)  all the opportunity product line items that matches will popluate that field on the opportunity record. The custom field name to populate on the Opportunity record would be Total Training Hours.

2. Then I need to create another trigger on the Account object that if the opportunity has an "Active" Contract associated Opportunity to rollup sum the opportunity of all the Standard training hours from all opportunities that have a value in the Total # of Trainings Purchased.

Hello,

I'm trying to calculate a field based on a specific picklist value. Not sure if I need a Apex trigger or a formula.

If a picklist value is changed to a specfic value and then count all the related list records custom hours field from that point. 

Example: Pick Name: Type of Training, Value = Online 
At this one whenever a record meets this criteria. All training hours created should be counted. But should only be counted when the above value is true.
Hi Everyone,

I have 3 validation rules that looks a qty of a field and the available qty on the account record and it restricts creation if the login in qty is > than the available qty.

The issue is that I have 3 separate validation rules that looks at the same Login Qty field is the and when they are all activated that conflict with each other. Can you assist in creating a single formula that acts for the 3?

Formula 1: 
AND( Login_Qty__c > Account__r.Total_Of_User_Login_s_Available__c) 
&& 

Formula 2:
AND(Login_Qty__c > Account__r.Total_Of_Systems_Login_s_Availab__c ) 
&& 

Formula 3:
AND(Login_Qty__c > Account__r.Total_Of_Login_s_Available__c) 
&& 

Thanks!
Helo,

I'm trying to figure out why the below formula is only populating some records and not all. Can some one please assist?

IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'BC', 1, 'CA', 1, 'NV', 1,'OR', 1, 'WA', 1, 'YT', 1, 0) >=1, "Pacific (PST)", null)+ 
IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'AB', 1, 'AZ', 1, 'CO', 1,'ID', 1, 'MT', 1, 'NM', 1, 'UT', 1, 'WY', 1, 0) >= 1, "Mountain (MST)", null)+ 
IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'AL', 1, 'AR', 1, 'IL', 1, 'IA', 1,'KS', 1, 'LA', 1, 'MB', 1, 'MN', 1,'MS', 1,'MO', 1,'NE', 1,'ND', 1, 'OK', 1,'SD', 1, 'SK', 1, 'WI', 1, 0) >= 1, "Central (CST)", null)+ 
IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'CT', 1, 'DE', 1, 'GA', 1, 'ME', 1, 'MD', 1, 'MA', 1,'MI', 1, 'NH', 1, 'NJ', 1, 'NY', 1, 'NC', 1, 'OH', 1, 'ON', 1, 'PA', 1, 'QC', 1, 'RI', 1, 'SC', 1, 'VT', 1, 'VA', 1, 'WV', 1, 0) >= 1, "Eastern (EST)", null)+ 
IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'AK', 1, 0) >=1, "Alaskan (AKST)", null)+ 
IF(CASE(ShippingState, 'HI', 1, 0) >=1, "Hawaiian (HAST)", null)+ 
IF(ShippingState = 'FL', IF(MID(Phone,2,3) = "850","Central (CST)","Eastern (EST)"),null)+ 
IF(ShippingState = 'IN', IF(MID(Phone,2,3) = "219","Central (CST)","Eastern (EST)"),null)+ 
IF(ShippingState = 'KY', IF(MID(Phone,2,3) = "270","Central (CST)","Eastern (EST)"),null)+ 
IF(ShippingState = 'TX', IF(MID(Phone,2,3) = "915","Mountain (MST)","Central (CST)"),null)+ 
IF(ShippingState = 'TN', IF(CASE(MID(Phone,2,3),"865",1,"423",1,0)>=1,"Eastern (EST)", "Central (CST)"),null)
Hello,

I have a validation rule that I need to pretend a record from being save on creation on the Training Object if the record will exceed the number of Hours Purchased (Formula Field on a related Account Object).

My current formula looks like this but it is only working when I edit the record.

AND(Account__r.Total_of_Hours_Used__c > Account__r.Total_Of_Hours_Purchased__c, ISPICKVAL( Account__r.Training_Billing_Type__c, "Prepaid"),
AND( ISNEW() 
)
)

Hello,

I'm trying to calculate a field based on a specific picklist value. Not sure if I need a Apex trigger or a formula.

If a picklist value is changed to a specfic value and then count all the related list records custom hours field from that point. 

Example: Pick Name: Type of Training, Value = Online 
At this one whenever a record meets this criteria. All training hours created should be counted. But should only be counted when the above value is true.