• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to create a basic multi-edit interface for a custom object using the standard controller for the custom object.

I want to use the custom views for the object specified in the object tab using the filterId code below.

Code:
          <apex:selectList value="{!filterId}" size="1">
            <apex:selectOptions value="{!listviewoptions}"/>
          </apex:selectList>
However, any view I load in my visualforce page with complex filter criteria raises an error like:

(toLabel(Presented__c) = 'Yes') AND 2) ORDER BY Outreach_Note__c.CreatedDate ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:160 unexpected token: 2

If the filter criteria just operates on one field or two fields using the same comparison operator, the page works fine. But if I use a different comparison operator for two fields or anything of greater complexity, the error gets raised. Somewhere along the line the filter criteria is being translated into sql incorrectly.

Any ideas or work-arounds?

Thanks,
Dave

Message Edited by peek on 11-19-2008 12:56 PM
  • November 19, 2008
Hi,

I'm very new to the apex development process.  I have some classes and triggers in a sandbox which are functional (tested through regular use of salesforce ui), but I can't get any debugging functionality to work. 

Should I be using the Execute Anonymous section of eclipse?  How exactly do you format the "Source to execute"?  Will debugging messages be visible there?

Thanks,
Dave

• February 11, 2008
Hi,

My company has been very frustrated by the current salesforce search functionality (including advanced search). 

We'd like for the search terms found in returned records to be highlighted and displayed in the results.  Currently, if a search term is found at the end of a field, even if the field is displayed in search results, you have to open the record up in a new window to understand the context.

We use Lucene (the java based open-source search software) on our own web app and we're wondering how difficult it would be to implement a Lucene based search app for salesforce.  Has anyone developed something like this in the past?  I can't find anything on the app exchange currently, but I think there was a salesforce/lucene implementation a couple of years ago.

How would you go about implementing something like this?  Are there better options I don't know about?

Thanks,
Dave
Kingfish Group
  • February 11, 2008
Hi,

Simple question here.

I have a related list- onclick javascript custom button and I want to use the urlfor function to view the record selected in the related list (after it performs some operations).

Problem is, I can't seem to pass the Id of the record I want to view, because it seems like the urlfor function will only accept merge fields.  Is there any way to get around this?

I have a variable containing the Id I want to open, how can I get it into the urlfor function?

Thanks,
Dave
  • September 29, 2007
Greetings,

I'm creating some custom buttons to automate constantly repeated actions at my work.  For example, a voicemail buttons which saves you the trouble of creating a task, linking it up, filling in "Left vm" for the subject. The button does all that for you in 1 click.

I'm using javascript through the API to create the records in our database.

My question:
How do you insert the user's login and password into the login call
sforce.connection.login(login , password);
Up to now, I've just used my own login/pw to design and test the system.
I would think there might be a pw mergefield, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,
Dave
  • September 20, 2007
What are those little checkboxes to the left of related list entries?  They are right next to edit|delete.

Can you interact with those using list buttons?  As in, if a item in the list is checked, perform certain action?

Very simple question, but I couldn't find the answer easily in documentation or online.

Thanks,
Dave
  • September 13, 2007
Hi,

I saw that an updated version of the eclipse plugin was due today, 8/15.  Has it come out yet?  I couldn't find any indication that it had come out on the wiki...does anyone have any news about it?

Thanks,
Dave
  • August 15, 2007
Hi,

I'm very new to Apex development and have a limited programming background, but I'm excited about the potenital of apex code and I have a quick questoin.

When a lead or an opportunity reaches a certain status, I want a trigger to open a url.  Basically, when leads enter "tracking" mode, I want a google alert to automatically be set for that record (meaning I want a google alert window to pop up with the appropriate ).  I have the basic ideas of triggers down, but how would you open a url?  Is there a toolkit or library I can use for this? 

Thanks,
Dave
  • August 13, 2007
I'm trying to create a basic multi-edit interface for a custom object using the standard controller for the custom object.

I want to use the custom views for the object specified in the object tab using the filterId code below.

Code:
          <apex:selectList value="{!filterId}" size="1">
            <apex:selectOptions value="{!listviewoptions}"/>
          </apex:selectList>
However, any view I load in my visualforce page with complex filter criteria raises an error like:

(toLabel(Presented__c) = 'Yes') AND 2) ORDER BY Outreach_Note__c.CreatedDate ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:160 unexpected token: 2

If the filter criteria just operates on one field or two fields using the same comparison operator, the page works fine. But if I use a different comparison operator for two fields or anything of greater complexity, the error gets raised. Somewhere along the line the filter criteria is being translated into sql incorrectly.

Any ideas or work-arounds?

Thanks,
Dave

Message Edited by peek on 11-19-2008 12:56 PM
  • November 19, 2008
Hi,

In a visualforce page I have a need for displaying picklist entries. The problem is that this field depends on another picklist field. Is there a way to get to the dependencies somehow ?

I'm stranded at :

Code:
for(Schema.PicklistEntry p:Schema.sObjectType.Case.fields.getMap().get('Dependent_Field__c').getDescribe().getPicklistValues()) {
     System.debug(p.getValue());
}

This gives me all the values. However, I would like to be able to single out the values that correspond to a certain value in the controlling field ...

Thanks for your help,

David
Hi,

Simple question here.

I have a related list- onclick javascript custom button and I want to use the urlfor function to view the record selected in the related list (after it performs some operations).

Problem is, I can't seem to pass the Id of the record I want to view, because it seems like the urlfor function will only accept merge fields.  Is there any way to get around this?

I have a variable containing the Id I want to open, how can I get it into the urlfor function?

Thanks,
Dave
  • September 29, 2007
Greetings,

I'm creating some custom buttons to automate constantly repeated actions at my work.  For example, a voicemail buttons which saves you the trouble of creating a task, linking it up, filling in "Left vm" for the subject. The button does all that for you in 1 click.

I'm using javascript through the API to create the records in our database.

My question:
How do you insert the user's login and password into the login call
sforce.connection.login(login , password);
Up to now, I've just used my own login/pw to design and test the system.
I would think there might be a pw mergefield, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,
Dave
  • September 20, 2007
I have read in numerous places that as of Summer 07 Apex is only GA in Developer and Unlimited Edition accounts.  However, a friend is telling me it is possible as of Summer 07 to develop Apex in a DE account and deploy it to an Enterprise Edition account?  Is this possible?  If so, where is this process described?  Thanks
Hi,

I saw that an updated version of the eclipse plugin was due today, 8/15.  Has it come out yet?  I couldn't find any indication that it had come out on the wiki...does anyone have any news about it?

Thanks,
Dave
  • August 15, 2007