• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

Can we load converted leads using data loader? if yes, then how can we do it ?  i have tried loading the same by making IsConverted field to True and then load it, but every time i get an error saying "Converted Account empty for a Converted Lead". Then i also tried loading it by giving Company Field but i got the same error again. So if anyone can provide me with some input regarding this, it will be really grateful.

Thanks in Advance,
Bharat Baradia.

Hi,

I have updated to the new version Force.com ide. After the update I am having the issue just with just the sandbox project.

I can successfully open the schema browser of Production but when I try to open the Sandbox schema, it says

"Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable".

I am getting this error only for the sandbox project but not for the production project.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Raj

• November 11, 2010

Hi,

I am new to offline edition and working on it now. I do have below question on offline edition:

1) Is there any way we can get the custom buttons in the offline edition?

2) Is there any way we can customize the offline edition?

3) Can we use the offline edition for sandbox? if yes, what setting need to be changed?

4) Is there any way we can make use of Visualforce in the offline mode? If not through offline edition, is there any other way we can make it offline and mobile?

5) Can the validation rules and triggers can get effective at the time of load rather than at the time of sync and conflict?

Any documentation on offline edition would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Raj

• September 28, 2010

Hi,

I am building a visualforce page for a survey which creates several questions using the <apex:repeat>.

The question info is pulled from DB and each question is having a radio button list.

Once the user selects his answers I want to get the result to apex class? Having hard time  in getting the values of the radio button as they were created dynamically using the <apex:repeat>.

Any ideas how to to get the values?

Thanks

Raj

• September 24, 2010

Hi,

I have a scenario of execution of triggers order where one trigger need to be executed before the other one.

I have 4 "before insert" triggers on opportunity. On what basis the order of execution depends on?

Can I decide the order of execution?

Thanks

Raj

Hi,

Just curious to find out if there is any limit on number of custom objects per org and number of custom fields on a standard or custom object?

Does it depend on license level? If yes, how much is for each license level?

Thanks

Raj

Hi,

I have a rich text area field on a VF page where a site user enter's the rich text in it.

When I add that field to a page layout I see all the data in html format. All the data entered by user is converted to html and is not in a readable format?

How can we see the data of richtextfield in a readable format on the salesforce standard pagelayout?

Thanks in advance

Raj

Hi,

I have a requirement of a contact linking to more than one account. This can be acheived by AccountContactRoles. But the AccountContactRoles can be displayed only on Account Object but not on Contact object layout.

Is there any way we can display the list of accounts that's related to contact on the contact's page layout?

Thanks in advance

Raj

Hi,

I am building a customer portal and customizing the css. I made a custom css and kept in the Header and Footer of the page so the standard css of salesforce css would get overridden and the portal would look like as company's style.

But few of the styles are not getting overridden. Most of the styles are overridden but few are still coming from portal.css file. I am not sure how can I override all the css styles.

This is the style that I am getting an issue with.

.bPageBlock, .individualPalette .bPageBlock {
}

This style is used in most of the places but when this is used at

"My Recently Updated Cases" section , I am getting the style from portal.css file itself rather than header or footer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Raj

• April 29, 2010

Hi,

I am planning to use apex scheduler for scheduling of automated emails. I don't want to use a single template for this. I want to use a template based on the input parameter. Is there any way I can get the apex scheduler so that I pass 1 extra parameter and I can decide which email template can be used for that parameter.

Right now we have an option to pass the three parameters like the below.

system.schedule('Merge Job', sch, m);

Can I pass a fourth parameter?

• March 09, 2010

Hi,

I am checking few of the sites example and I see them completely different from the salesforce portal.

The UI is completely different than the salesforce portal UI.

I am planning to build a Site and Portal which uses my css and be different from the normal salesforce UI.

I read in this below link that we can customize the UI using the CSS

http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=agqxwgjz4qr3_301gvp3srdk

Is there any way I can get the details of customizing the portal UI using CSS? Are there template CSS which I can apply to my Site and modify them accordingly?

Thanks in advance.

• February 26, 2010

Hi,

I am in the process of designing the customer portal. I saw a demo on a website showing the customizations in customer portal. Is it possible to customize the UI in customer portal to the level of below shown link.

Here what I see is the Home tab start from the center of the page rather than top left(Usually in salesforce). I am not sure if we can customize the home tab to start from the position shown in the below link.

http://www.salesforce.com/form/demo/custom_reg.jsp?temp_pl=SFD81,SFD82,SFD83,SFD84,SFD85,SFD86,SFD87,SFD59

I know it's not possible to remove the home tab. But is that any way we adjust it's position on the page?

Is there any way we can completly remove all the tabs and keep our own customized tabs in the customer portal?

Thanks

Raj

• February 19, 2010

Hi,

I am looking if there is any set up I can make so that I can move few of the custom fields on Lead to Account during the Lead Conversion process. I know I can do this by writing a trigger on Lead. But I am not sure if there is any way I can get this with out writing a code?

Thanks in advance.

Raj

• February 18, 2010

Hi,

I am facing an issues with parent object updates.

When I try to update an opportunity then I am getting an error from the Account validation rule.

When I check the debug log...I see the Opportunity triggers, validation rules and workflow rules runs and the the Account triggers and Account validation rules are being executed.

I am not sure why the account triggers and account validation rules are being executed if I am updating an opportunity.

Thanks in advance.

Raj

• February 04, 2010

Hi,

I have a requirement of getting the information from one of the HTML form to Salesforce custom object. One of doing it using the Salesforce sites. But there is lot of information on the page like header, footer....which is making it difficult to build in sites. 

Could any one suggest me the possible ways of getting the information from Web to Salesforce custom object?

Thanks

Raj

• January 12, 2010

Hi,

I am thinking to use salesforce sites for the Web-to-Lead functionality. But I am little concerned about the security issues. Is it good practice to expose Lead object open to public? Would it cause any security issues?

Is salesforce sites a good option for web-to-lead functionality?

Thanks

Raj

• December 02, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to run data loader from command prompt. I am having issue setting up the Password(Proxy and sfdc password). 

In the process-conf.xml I am trying to specify two passwords. One of the password is getting an error as "sfdc.password of type: java.lang.string". Even after encrypting the password I am not what is causing the error.

Could some one let me know how to run an data loader from the command prompt specifying both proxy information and SFDC login information.

Thanks in advance.

Raj

• November 18, 2009

Hi,

I have kept a look up field in the visualforce page using the following code.

<apex:inputfield value="{!Account.Associated_Global_Account__c}"/>

The lookup field works good but when a user enter the information in the lookup field I am unable to capture it on the apex side.

I am not sure how to capture a value from the lookup field from the visualforce page.

• November 08, 2009

Hi, I am trying to migrate the data from one salesforce org to other.

I am having hard time migrating the Leads object. Unconverted leads are moved easily but the I am having hardtime moving the converted leads. When I am trying to insert the converted leads I am getting an error as "Converted Account empty for a converted Lead: Converted Account ID".

Could some one specify the process of migrating converted lead records from one salesforce instance to other.

Thanks in advance

Raj

• August 05, 2009

Hi,

I am working on Salesforce to Salesforce automation and developed few triggers as part of this automation.

My scenario is when a account is created or updated in one org with a customfield "Global Account" = YES, it need to be forwared to other org. Similarly when an account is changed from YES to NO on "Global Account" field, it need to unshare the account and its related records.(Contacts,Opportunities and Tasks).

I have used the below trigger for the above functionality and I am getting an error of "Too many SOQL querie: 21". I am not sure how I am getting 21 queries. 

Please let me know if you can figure out this issue..

Thanks in advance.

AccountAutoSharePartner: execution of AfterUpdate caused by:
System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21
Trigger.AccountAutoSharePartner: line 63, column 59

Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization:
00520000000us1b/00D200000000KT5

AccountAutoSharePartner: execution of AfterUpdate

caused by: System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21

Trigger.AccountAutoSharePartner: line 63, column 59

Trigger Code...........................

trigger AccountAutoSharePartner on Account (after insert,after update)
{
List<PartnerNetworkConnection> connMap = new List<PartnerNetworkConnection>([select id,ConnectionStatus,ConnectionName from PartnerNetworkConnection where id = '04P2000000096FPEAY']);
List<PartnerNetworkRecordConnection> prncList = new List<PartnerNetworkRecordConnection>();
Set<Id> listings = new Set<Id>();
Set<Id> prnclocalrecords = new Set<Id>();

for(Integer i=0; i < Trigger.size; i++)
{
Account li = Trigger.new[i];
String uId = li.Id;

System.debug('Sharing ' + li.id);
System.debug('connMap ' + connMap);
System.debug('Step 1');

if(li.Global_Account__c == 'YES' && li.ConnectionReceivedId == NULL)
{
for(PartnerNetworkConnection network : connMap)
{
System.debug('Step 2');
String cid = network.Id;
String status = network.ConnectionStatus;
String connName = network.ConnectionName;

PartnerNetworkRecordConnection prnc = new PartnerNetworkRecordConnection();

prnc.ConnectionId = cid;
prnc.localRecordId = uId;
prnc.RelatedRecords = 'Contact';
prnc.SendClosedTasks = true;
prnc.SendOpenTasks = true;
prnc.SendEmails = false;
prncList.add(prnc);
}
}
else if(li.Global_Account__c != 'YES' && li.ConnectionReceivedId == NULL)
{
System.debug('Step 3');
listings.add(UId);
}

}

//Remove all the records associated to the accounts.
if(listings.size() > 0)
{

//Opportunities
List<Opportunity> OppList = new List<Opportunity>([Select Id, AccountId From Opportunity Where AccountId in :listings]);
for(Opportunity objopp : OppList)
{
prnclocalrecords.add(objopp.Id);
}

//Accounts
prnclocalrecords.addAll(listings);
}

List<PartnerNetworkRecordConnection> filterMap = new List<PartnerNetworkRecordConnection>([select Id, Status, ConnectionId, LocalRecordId from PartnerNetworkRecordConnection where LocalRecordId in :prnclocalrecords OR ParentRecordId in :listings]);
List<PartnerNetworkRecordConnection> deleteNets = new List<PartnerNetworkRecordConnection>();
for(PartnerNetworkRecordConnection nets : filterMap)
{

String lclId = nets.LocalRecordId;
String status = nets.Status;
System.debug('Checking Status: '+status);
if(status.equalsIgnoreCase('Sent') || status.equalsIgnoreCase('Pending') || status.equalsIgnoreCase('Invite'))
{
if(!lclId.startsWith('00T'))//ignore the tasks as the tasks will be unshared automatically.
{
deleteNets.add(nets);
}
}
System.debug('PNRC ID: '+nets.Id +' ; LOCAL RECORD ID: '+nets.LocalRecordId);
}
System.debug('Size of list: '+deleteNets.size());

//Start Auto share
if (prncList.size() > 0)
{
insert prncList;
}

//Stop Auto share
if (deleteNets.size() > 0)
{
if(deleteNets.size() > 50)
BulkSharePartner.RemoveAccountSharing(prnclocalrecords);
else
delete deleteNets;
}
}

Hi,

I am building a visualforce page for a survey which creates several questions using the <apex:repeat>.

The question info is pulled from DB and each question is having a radio button list.

Once the user selects his answers I want to get the result to apex class? Having hard time  in getting the values of the radio button as they were created dynamically using the <apex:repeat>.

Any ideas how to to get the values?

Thanks

Raj

• September 24, 2010

Hi,

I have a rich text area field on a VF page where a site user enter's the rich text in it.

When I add that field to a page layout I see all the data in html format. All the data entered by user is converted to html and is not in a readable format?

How can we see the data of richtextfield in a readable format on the salesforce standard pagelayout?

Thanks in advance

Raj

Hi,

I have a requirement of a contact linking to more than one account. This can be acheived by AccountContactRoles. But the AccountContactRoles can be displayed only on Account Object but not on Contact object layout.

Is there any way we can display the list of accounts that's related to contact on the contact's page layout?

Thanks in advance

Raj

Hi,

I am building a customer portal and customizing the css. I made a custom css and kept in the Header and Footer of the page so the standard css of salesforce css would get overridden and the portal would look like as company's style.

But few of the styles are not getting overridden. Most of the styles are overridden but few are still coming from portal.css file. I am not sure how can I override all the css styles.

This is the style that I am getting an issue with.

.bPageBlock, .individualPalette .bPageBlock {
}

This style is used in most of the places but when this is used at

"My Recently Updated Cases" section , I am getting the style from portal.css file itself rather than header or footer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Raj

• April 29, 2010

Hi,

I am checking few of the sites example and I see them completely different from the salesforce portal.

The UI is completely different than the salesforce portal UI.

I am planning to build a Site and Portal which uses my css and be different from the normal salesforce UI.

I read in this below link that we can customize the UI using the CSS

http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=agqxwgjz4qr3_301gvp3srdk

Is there any way I can get the details of customizing the portal UI using CSS? Are there template CSS which I can apply to my Site and modify them accordingly?

Thanks in advance.

• February 26, 2010

Hi,

I am looking if there is any set up I can make so that I can move few of the custom fields on Lead to Account during the Lead Conversion process. I know I can do this by writing a trigger on Lead. But I am not sure if there is any way I can get this with out writing a code?

Thanks in advance.

Raj

• February 18, 2010

Hi,

I am facing an issues with parent object updates.

When I try to update an opportunity then I am getting an error from the Account validation rule.

When I check the debug log...I see the Opportunity triggers, validation rules and workflow rules runs and the the Account triggers and Account validation rules are being executed.

I am not sure why the account triggers and account validation rules are being executed if I am updating an opportunity.

Thanks in advance.

Raj

• February 04, 2010

Hi,

I have a requirement of getting the information from one of the HTML form to Salesforce custom object. One of doing it using the Salesforce sites. But there is lot of information on the page like header, footer....which is making it difficult to build in sites. 

Could any one suggest me the possible ways of getting the information from Web to Salesforce custom object?

Thanks

Raj

• January 12, 2010

Hi,

I would like to build idea website like starbucks or dell ideastorm, how do I start?

I am currently use enterprise edition, do I need to buy more license or what?

Please advise and thanks.

sq

Hi,

I am trying to run data loader from command prompt. I am having issue setting up the Password(Proxy and sfdc password). 

In the process-conf.xml I am trying to specify two passwords. One of the password is getting an error as "sfdc.password of type: java.lang.string". Even after encrypting the password I am not what is causing the error.

Could some one let me know how to run an data loader from the command prompt specifying both proxy information and SFDC login information.

Thanks in advance.

Raj

• November 18, 2009

Hi,

I have kept a look up field in the visualforce page using the following code.

<apex:inputfield value="{!Account.Associated_Global_Account__c}"/>

The lookup field works good but when a user enter the information in the lookup field I am unable to capture it on the apex side.

I am not sure how to capture a value from the lookup field from the visualforce page.

• November 08, 2009

Hi, I am trying to migrate the data from one salesforce org to other.

I am having hard time migrating the Leads object. Unconverted leads are moved easily but the I am having hardtime moving the converted leads. When I am trying to insert the converted leads I am getting an error as "Converted Account empty for a converted Lead: Converted Account ID".

Could some one specify the process of migrating converted lead records from one salesforce instance to other.

Thanks in advance

Raj

• August 05, 2009
Hi,

I have two bulk triggers on case object.

one trigger works on before insert and before update. This trigger updates on filed on case whenever account or owner of the case changes. Another trigger is used to throw a error message whenever a user tries to close a case with open activities.This works on before update.

1. For insert it is working fine.When I change the Account or Owner field,it updates.
2. When I change the Status  field to 'closed' and try updating ,it throws the following exception.

"Too many retries of batch save in the presence of Apex triggers with failures: when triggers are present partial save while loading Data requires that some subset of rows save without any errors in order to avoid inconsistent side effects from those triggers. Number of retries: 2"

Tried to change the logic to update  only those records which dont throw any errors. Still facing the same issue.

Is it a apex limitation?Can any one please suggest me any work around or any ways to handle this exception.

Any pointers will be of great help.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Swapna

• August 23, 2008