• Salesforce.com Database Administrator
  • CoAdvantage

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to create a trigger on the Account record in which the NAICS Code (field name: "NaicsCode" from Data.com) updates our custom object NAICS (field name: "NAICS_Code__c") anytime the custom object field is blank. 

Can anyone advise me on what I am doing wrong? This is what I have currently but it doesn't seem to be working. 

trigger NAICS on Account (before insert,before update) {
     for(NAICS_Code_C naics:trigger.new){
        if(Naics!=null){
            Account.NAICS_Code__c=Naics;

}
    }
}
Can someone help me with a trigger that would update the contact record owner with account record owner automatically?  I am not too familiar with triggers, hence why I am asking for help, and desperately want to stay away from ongoing data loads.  Thank you in advance for anyone that can assist! 
I am attempting to create a workflow/trigger that will update a lookup field with information that comes from a text field when the lookup field doesn't match or is blank.  I read that this is not possible via workflow rule but not 100% sure that is accurate.   

FYI - I have no experience creating a trigger but would like to learn.  This is also my first discussion posting :).   

Anyone thoughts or suggestions ? 
Can someone help me with a trigger that would update the contact record owner with account record owner automatically?  I am not too familiar with triggers, hence why I am asking for help, and desperately want to stay away from ongoing data loads.  Thank you in advance for anyone that can assist! 
I am trying to create a trigger on the Account record in which the NAICS Code (field name: "NaicsCode" from Data.com) updates our custom object NAICS (field name: "NAICS_Code__c") anytime the custom object field is blank. 

Can anyone advise me on what I am doing wrong? This is what I have currently but it doesn't seem to be working. 

trigger NAICS on Account (before insert,before update) {
     for(NAICS_Code_C naics:trigger.new){
        if(Naics!=null){
            Account.NAICS_Code__c=Naics;

}
    }
}
I am attempting to create a workflow/trigger that will update a lookup field with information that comes from a text field when the lookup field doesn't match or is blank.  I read that this is not possible via workflow rule but not 100% sure that is accurate.   

FYI - I have no experience creating a trigger but would like to learn.  This is also my first discussion posting :).   

Anyone thoughts or suggestions ? 

Hello,

I'm interested in adding a field with the Time Zone to our SF Accounts, so that our support technician could schedule demos and support according to the local time of the customer in question.

To my understanding there could be a way to create a field which would infer the time zone automatically based on the postal code of the Account, I don't know to do it though. The basic support told me it's possible to add time zone but it would involve formula and that I should ask for help on this forum.

I'd be much greatful if anyone could help me.

Thanks in advance!

Ion from Vm6 Software.