• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
HI Team,

I have One Parent Custom Object and 3 Child Custom Objects.

We have VF for showing the list of Parent records with (+) symbol Button in the community. When the user selected the parent records using the (+)symbol Button.

The requirement is, Daily(End of the Day) We need to send the email to users with selected records list and any child records created under the parent records. 

This is possible in Chatter? Or please guide me which are a way to achieve this
What this error?

KeyManagerFactory not initialized
Error is in expression '{!accessToken}' in component <apex:page> in page document407_access_token: Class.checkingAccessToken.accessToken: line 50, column 1
An unexpected error has occurred. Your development organization has been notified.

What I did so far?
1. Created a vf page and controller
2. Controller contains http callouts.
3. Custom link to call this VF page.
4. When I click the link. its showing the above error
Master__c(Parent Object)
child1__c (Child Object).
Child1_count__c(Roll up summary field/Custom Field).
c.MD1__c(Lookup field).

trigger RollupChild on child1__c (after insert,after delete, after undelete) {

List<id> master = new List<id>();
    if(Trigger.isInsert || Trigger.isUndelete)
    {
        For(child1__c c : Trigger.new)
        {             
            master.add(c.MD1__c);                     
             }
    }
    if(Trigger.isDelete)
    {
         For(Child1__c c : Trigger.old)
         {
            master.add(c.MD1__c);
        }
    }
    List<Master__c> mas = new List<Master__c>();
    For(Master__c m : [SELECT Child1_count__c FROM Master__c WHERE id =: master])
    {
        m.Child1_count__c = m.Child1_count__c+1;
        mas.add(m);
    }

update mas;

}

If I dont have a access for the parent, what will happen for the child creation. If the child object is parent of another object. 
What this error?

KeyManagerFactory not initialized
Error is in expression '{!accessToken}' in component <apex:page> in page document407_access_token: Class.checkingAccessToken.accessToken: line 50, column 1
An unexpected error has occurred. Your development organization has been notified.

What I did so far?
1. Created a vf page and controller
2. Controller contains http callouts.
3. Custom link to call this VF page.
4. When I click the link. its showing the above error
Hi,

I'm trying to extract the first 3 words from a TEXT field that can have one word or more than 3 words. Is there a way to achieve this using LEFT, RIGHT, TRIM functions ? Thank you!
Hi,

From a force.com site, I am updating a record and once record is updated using a workflow and on the record update I am sending an email.
Therefore, the email which is send is have from as the Site's user name and email address. Instead of that we want to add a different name as From there in the email.

Please note, we don't want to use Org wide email address as this is going to static for all this type of email address. Instead I'd like to assign the user who previously modified the record before the Site user modified it or may be i want to assign From as one of Lookup(User) field. 

If that is not possible with standard email alert workflow then please suggest any apex solution. 
if have check box called isEpicstory and filed called epic story
if user isspeic story (check box ) is true then epic story field should be empty ( user should not entery value need to restrict )

Regards
Shaker
I need to show different messages depending on the discount % on Quote obj
I have two fields Dis% and Message
Dis%0 to 5 then Message should be Auto Approved
Dis%5 to 10 then Message should be Auto Approved
Dis%10+ then Message should be Need SVP Approval
and adding tho this we need to show Message as Auto Approved if Directors or sys admins are creating a quote no matter what the dis% is

Hey Guys,

I've recently realised that workflow rules aren't triggered by formula fields, which makes perfect sense now that I've read into it.
I have a need to send an automatic email based on a formula field value as below:

When a 'Repair' record has spent 2 days in one location, I need to send an email to the case owner and case team, to implement this, so far, I've created two new fields on the repair object - 1) Last Moved Date, 2) Days Since Moved.
I've then created a process within process builder that says when the asset location 'ISCHANGED', to update the field value with 'TODAY()' - this works.
I had then created a formula field (days since moved - TODAY() - Asset_Last_Moved__c), and then a workflow rule that said when the value of that field equals 2,4,6,8,10,12 etc etc (I want it to send an email for every two days that the asset spends in one location), it needs to send an email - this works - when the record is edited manually.
Now I know that workflows aren't triggered by formula fields as the data within the formula field as it's displayed isn't actually stored anywhere, so it's not actually modified - this won't work for my use case.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has any recommendations as to how I could approach this? I've thought of making the field 'Days Since Moved' a standard number field, and then having a workflow rule to update that field value as it would then be stored in the database, but even then, the workflow needs to trigger every day, and to set time based actions for this would take a while and it's not really ideal.

Any help really appreciated :) and Happy New Year to you all!

Thanks,
Oli

Hi Community,

can someone please help me figuring out how to bypass a validation rule on contacts?

I created two processes with the Process Builder:

1. (on Contact) Update Contact.MailingAddress, when AccountID is changed 
2. (on Account) Update Contact.MailingAddress of all related contacts, when Account.BillingAddress is changed. 

Validattion rule:

NOT($Setup.VRBatchExclusionSetting__c.IsBatchExcluded__c) && 

TEXT(Begr_ndung_E_Mail_fehlt__c ) = '' && 

Email = ''

Thank u in advance! 

I recall something along time ago were you could stop the deleting of a record if it has children (in a master or lookup relationship).

The method used validation rules instead of a trigger. 

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

• October 01, 2013

Here is what I am trying to setup:

• When a user uses the #kudos it create a Kudos point on the that users profile. For example, if I write "#kudos to @BrandonDaley for the awesome lead" the user, Brandon Daley, will receive one point. 
  • The #kudos should work for comments and comments of comments. 

Any ideas of how this could be accomplished?

i have a custom object whose default Access is Public Read/Write i have to change it to Controlled By Parent . how to accomplish tha ??

What is the relationship between Account Contact, Account Opportunity, and all Standard Objects

Thanks

Sri