• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi guys, 

I am trying to create a PDF file just like Quotes work. However im doing this from a Custom Object. 

I found this link that answers it in some way :

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=9060G000000I7qhQAC

However im looking to create a pdf with some info from the record that is being created and the Line Items on the quote will come from data on records which this main record is related to.

Better explaining, i have Object A which will have the button to create the PDF, some of the main data will be pulled from the record on Object A, the line items(which may be just one or many, based on a criteria that i also want to specify) will pull from Object B, which has a lookup field to Object A on every record on the org. 

So the PDF will generate with info from OBject A and every Object B that has object A related and meeting the criteria. 

Lastly i want a second button that will create the PDF but will attach the PDF to an email with a preselected templated(email template created on salesforce) and automatically send it to the email on a contact lookup field on Object A.

Please advise the best way to create this procedures. 

I really appreciate your help!

Hello guys,

I am trying to set a validation rule in which the picklist field "stage" on my object cannot go to the value "Underwriting", unless there is a record on the related object "carrier submissions" that has a picklist value "Submitted" on their own "stage" field.

Can you guys help me on this ? 

I know it goes along the IF function however im having a hard time. Please Help

User-added image
Hi guys,

So here is the problem.

Im been requested to set the comment box on the tasks to be sort of a log. Meaning that if User1 goes and leaves a comment on a task, His comment will show up with his username and timestamp. he wont be able to go back and edit this comment neither User2, they will just be able to make NEW comments and so on. 

Could you guys please help me on how to do this or let me know which way could that be done? 
Hi guys, 

Im setting up some email alerts for my org. 

I need to set an alert 75 days before a client turns certain age.

I have set a time triggered action send me an email alert when this happens and here goes my question. 

If a contact has been recently added to the org and this contact is only 40 days away from its birthday. will the workflow still send me the alert even tho is past the 75 day mark ?
Hi Experts, 

I need to set up an email notification that will alert me when one of my contacts is turning 40! 

i want it to be SPECIFICALLY 65 days prior to that date. i have an AGE field that has a formula to it of : 

IF(MONTH(TODAY())>MONTH(Birthdate),YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate),IF(AND(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH(Birthdate),DAY(TODAY())>=DAY(Birthdate)),YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate),(YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate))-1))

That formula brings me back the actual age of the contact from the persons Birthdate.

I know that to set up an email alert you have to do the Workflow and then the Email template. 

But how do i set up an alert to trigger prior to someones birthdate etc. 

Please help

Hi Guys, 

Im fairly new and looking to setup some things.

I want to configure an Email Alert when a Picklist field has been sitting on a value for more than a number of specified days. 

For example, i have a picklist field called "stage". i want the record owner to be notified thru email when the stage is at the "quoting" value for more than 2 days. 

Reading here i know i have to set up a workflow, im trying to make a formula but i dont find a way to come up with the right syntax. 
Here is what i come up with so far:

Stage(TEXT(Quoting)) && TODAY - DATEVALUE(LastModifiedDate)>= 2

Please HELP

Hi guys, 

Im setting up some email alerts for my org. 

I need to set an alert 75 days before a client turns certain age.

I have set a time triggered action send me an email alert when this happens and here goes my question. 

If a contact has been recently added to the org and this contact is only 40 days away from its birthday. will the workflow still send me the alert even tho is past the 75 day mark ?

Hi guys, 

I am trying to create a PDF file just like Quotes work. However im doing this from a Custom Object. 

I found this link that answers it in some way :

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=9060G000000I7qhQAC

However im looking to create a pdf with some info from the record that is being created and the Line Items on the quote will come from data on records which this main record is related to.

Better explaining, i have Object A which will have the button to create the PDF, some of the main data will be pulled from the record on Object A, the line items(which may be just one or many, based on a criteria that i also want to specify) will pull from Object B, which has a lookup field to Object A on every record on the org. 

So the PDF will generate with info from OBject A and every Object B that has object A related and meeting the criteria. 

Lastly i want a second button that will create the PDF but will attach the PDF to an email with a preselected templated(email template created on salesforce) and automatically send it to the email on a contact lookup field on Object A.

Please advise the best way to create this procedures. 

I really appreciate your help!

Hello guys,

I am trying to set a validation rule in which the picklist field "stage" on my object cannot go to the value "Underwriting", unless there is a record on the related object "carrier submissions" that has a picklist value "Submitted" on their own "stage" field.

Can you guys help me on this ? 

I know it goes along the IF function however im having a hard time. Please Help

User-added image
Hi guys,

So here is the problem.

Im been requested to set the comment box on the tasks to be sort of a log. Meaning that if User1 goes and leaves a comment on a task, His comment will show up with his username and timestamp. he wont be able to go back and edit this comment neither User2, they will just be able to make NEW comments and so on. 

Could you guys please help me on how to do this or let me know which way could that be done? 
Hi Experts, 

I need to set up an email notification that will alert me when one of my contacts is turning 40! 

i want it to be SPECIFICALLY 65 days prior to that date. i have an AGE field that has a formula to it of : 

IF(MONTH(TODAY())>MONTH(Birthdate),YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate),IF(AND(MONTH(TODAY())=MONTH(Birthdate),DAY(TODAY())>=DAY(Birthdate)),YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate),(YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(Birthdate))-1))

That formula brings me back the actual age of the contact from the persons Birthdate.

I know that to set up an email alert you have to do the Workflow and then the Email template. 

But how do i set up an alert to trigger prior to someones birthdate etc. 

Please help

Hi Guys, 

Im fairly new and looking to setup some things.

I want to configure an Email Alert when a Picklist field has been sitting on a value for more than a number of specified days. 

For example, i have a picklist field called "stage". i want the record owner to be notified thru email when the stage is at the "quoting" value for more than 2 days. 

Reading here i know i have to set up a workflow, im trying to make a formula but i dont find a way to come up with the right syntax. 
Here is what i come up with so far:

Stage(TEXT(Quoting)) && TODAY - DATEVALUE(LastModifiedDate)>= 2

Please HELP