• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created a visualforce page to override the new button of custom object called "Employment History" which is a child object to the standard contact object. I did this in order for the record name (in this case its called employment history name" will be pre-populated with the value "Default Value - IGNORE" so that I could update it with some concatenated field values on the same record using a workflow field update.
I was able to override the new button with a custom visualforce page in order for the record name to be pre-populated but this prevented the master-detail field to the contact object called "Student" from being populated with the parent record when I went to click the new button on the related list located on the contact detail page.
Here is the code I used to override the new button

<apex:page standardController="Employment_History__c" action="{!URLFOR($Action.Employment_History__c.New, null, ['Name'='Default Value - IGNORE'], true)}" />

I would really appreciate it if someone could explain to me how I can set the master detail field on the employment history object equal to the contact ID of the parent contact record.
I am trying to find the meta data for a lightning page layout in eclipse but i'm not able to find it anywhere in the folder structure. Does anybody know the correct folder to look under or how to else to find the lightning page layout metadata??
I created a visualforce page to override the new button of custom object called "Employment History" which is a child object to the standard contact object. I did this in order for the record name (in this case its called employment history name" will be pre-populated with the value "Default Value - IGNORE" so that I could update it with some concatenated field values on the same record using a workflow field update.
I was able to override the new button with a custom visualforce page in order for the record name to be pre-populated but this prevented the master-detail field to the contact object called "Student" from being populated with the parent record when I went to click the new button on the related list located on the contact detail page.
Here is the code I used to override the new button

<apex:page standardController="Employment_History__c" action="{!URLFOR($Action.Employment_History__c.New, null, ['Name'='Default Value - IGNORE'], true)}" />

I would really appreciate it if someone could explain to me how I can set the master detail field on the employment history object equal to the contact ID of the parent contact record.
I am trying to find the meta data for a lightning page layout in eclipse but i'm not able to find it anywhere in the folder structure. Does anybody know the correct folder to look under or how to else to find the lightning page layout metadata??