• 10 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a requirement to connect Salesforce to GitHub for repository, development, and deployment.
I have installed eclipse and connected it with force.com ide and eGIT plugin. I have also created a workspace with production login and respective master copy in GitHub. now I want to create branches of it and connect them to different developer sandboxes.
Can anyone please help with the step by step process and tools need to do so.
Hi All,

I have requirement in marketing cloud where I need to create form which is voting form for salon and stored these values in marketing cloud which have below fields
1) Which city are you in? (City)
2) Your fav salon (salon name)
3)which treatment do you get? (hairstyle)
4) Email address

I don't understand that should i need to create custom fields in contact and if yes then how can i do this??
if i want to build custom page using html /css/js then where should i do this?? in landing page or microsite??

If anyone suggest something then it will be really helpful..
I have grouped column chart in salesforce using visualforce remoting. but all bars within one group are tightly connected with each other and i want a little space between them. If anyone have idea how to achieve this then it would be really appreciable . Thanks!!
I am working on stack bar chart using google API. I am facing scaling issue on y axis. I have set the minimum value 0 and max 200000 and also set ticks for the graph at the interval of 20000.

My output shows large bar for first tick i.e 20000 but after then its very small. User-added image
Kindly suggest
Hello, I just want to create stack bar graph using visualforce remoting but my req is diff than normal stack graph. 
In normal stack graph values are added one after other means if a=10, b=15 then total height of x axis is 25 but here my requirment is b's value should be considered as only 5 and total height of stack graph should be 15 means resulting graph consist a=10, b=5. 
I am passing aggregate result of SOQL  to the vf page using remoting.
Hi All,

I have the below requirement.

When notes for particular account is updated then notes for only selected contact and opportunites of that account should be updated as same as account notes.

Example: if i update note of account "wipro" and wipro has 10 contacts and 10 opportunites then i want to update notes for only selected contact and opportunities of wipro account with notes of wipro itself. How can we do this? kindly suggest?
Hi Team,

Could you please check below link?
https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Best_Practice:_Avoid_SOQL_Queries_Inside_FOR_Loops

In this link they used trigger.new.keyset in before insert event ( in a code where they used best practise). I read somewhere that if we use trigger.newmap.keyset in before insert then it will give null id's.

Could you please clarify my doubt?
Hi All,

I am new to the salesforce and wanted to clarify some basic concept. Please find below code

trigger CreateAccount on Account (before insert){
    for(account a : trigger.new){
         a.industry = 'Transportation';
       }
}
I just wanted to confirm that once your iteration control come at end of for loop at that time new account(which is in context) is get created with industry type Transportation and get commited. This created record is now read only and if we write update statment outside for loop then it means we are trying to update read only record and it gives an error message.

Is my understanding correct?  

Thankss!!!!!
Hi All, 

If i have cusotm field "ConAmount" on contact object which hold any number or any currency and i just want to display a sum of that field for all contact on account page. How can i acheive this? Is it possible using workflow if not then please provide a trigger code for the same.
Hi All,

Could you please share the trigger code which is used to update the address of contact? 
Hi All,

Could you please give me 2 scenario with examples which explain when should we use custom controller and controller extension?
Hi All,

Could you please give me 2 scenario with example where we can use trigger instead of workflow?

Please!!!
Hi All,

Could you please tell me how can I access custom field in SOQL query? 

I have custom field amount in standerd object contact and i have written SOQL query List<contact> acc = [select Id, name, amount__c from contact]; but it doesn't work. 

Please help!!!
Hi All,

If I have written any trigger then which things in my trigger ensure that my trigger will work when data is inserted through data loader? 
Hi All,

I am new to salesforce and just want to learn the order of exection in salesforce.

I have created custom validaton rule, lead assignemnt rule, before trigger and After trigger on lead object. I just want to check the order of execution using  Debug log. How can i do this? 
Hi All,

I am new to salesforce and just want to learn the order of exection in salesforce.

I have created custom validaton rule, lead assignemnt rule, before trigger and After trigger on lead object. I just want to check the order of execution using  Debug log. How can i do this? 
Hi All,