• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a situation as below.

I have an object OBJECT 1 and couple of fields in it. Two Fields among them are Field1 [Check Box] and Field2 [Date Field]. When I create a new record for OBJECT 1, I want Field2 to be read only and on checking the Field 1 to true, I want Field 2 to be visible and Editable. I tried using WF rules but It didn't work as the rules applied only after saving the record. I want while filling the details while creating new record. 
Flow would be,
1: Click New Record Button on Object 1
2: You see Field 2 is read only.
3: You check Field 1 to true
4: And you want Field 2 to be visible and editable now.
5: User picks the date in Field 2 and saves the record.

I beleive it is possible using Triggers But I want help in creating and achieveing using Triggers. I am asking this as I am two weeks old in Salesforce :-)

Regards,
Abhi
I have a situation as below.

I have an object OBJECT 1 and couple of fields in it. Two Fields among them are Field1 [Check Box] and Field2 [Date Field]. When I create a new record for OBJECT 1, I want Field2 to be read only and on checking the Field 1 to true, I want Field 2 to be visible and Editable. I tried using WF rules but It didn't work as the rules applied only after saving the record. I want while filling the details while creating new record. 
Flow would be,
1: Click New Record Button on Object 1
2: You see Field 2 is read only.
3: You check Field 1 to true
4: And you want Field 2 to be visible and editable now.
5: User picks the date in Field 2 and saves the record.

I beleive it is possible using Triggers But I want help in creating and achieveing using Triggers. I am asking this as I am two weeks old in Salesforce :-)

Regards,
Abhi