• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am new and learning Apex Development. We have a Developer interview and we are planning to ask him/her to code for the below-mentioned question.Can somebody show me how the code should look like and how can we check the solution for this?

Question: For a given contact record, check if there is an existing contact that > matches first name + last name + email address?

Thanks!!

Hello,

I have created a new user in Salesforce for API integrations purpose. The username and password are tied to my credentials. Hence if anyone logs in from a different browser I get a verification code sent to my mobile as a text message. This user is created for developers to access Salesforce from other environments. 

I would like to know is there any other way to set up salesforce 2FA to be API based rather than user interface based? 

Which hopefully provides a programmatic way of using 2FA rather than relying on a text message method that requires user input – especially if this authentication has to happen in order to allow the website to properly access the API. My goal is to configure the API integration so it will programmatically happen instead of relying on user input (which would require someone like me to walk through the authentication process before the website would be able to communicate with Salesforce – potentially causing issues).

Please let me know what can be done here.

Thanks!!
Hello All,

Earlier I had a requirement where on click of a button a new pop-up window should open that displays the information. Below is the Javascript that I developed and which is working fine.

window.open("/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p3_lkid={!Case.Id}&p2_lkid={!Case.ContactId}&p26=xxx@xxx.com&template_id=00Y4C000000CFTG&retURL=%{!Case.Id}","_blank","toolbar=yes, location=yes, directories=no, status=no, menubar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=no, width=800, height=650");
Now my client says they want that button to open in a new tab rather than the pop-up. Can somebody tell me how to change my JS code to accommodate the new requirement? 

Hello all,
I have implemented a custom Javascript button called "Send Email" under Activity history. When a user clicks this button a new popup window should open that enables the user to send an e-mail. The JS code also displays the default from address, to address and template for the user. The new requirement is that after the user clicks the "Send" button, the popup window should auto-close. Find the code used to open the pop-up window below.

[window.open("/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p3_lkid={!Case.Id}&p2_lkid={!Case.ContactId}&p26=xxx@xxx.com&template_id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&retURL=%{!Case.Id}","_blank","toolbar=yes, location=yes, directories=no, status=no, menubar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=no, width=800, height=650");

Could someone please suggest on how to auto-close this pop-up window?

Hello all,
I have implemented a custom Javascript button called "Send Email" under Activity history. When a user clicks this button a new popup window should open that enables the user to send an e-mail. The JS code also displays the default from address, to address and template for the user. The new requirement is that after the user clicks the "Send" button, the popup window should auto-close. Find the code used to open the pop-up window below.

[window.open("/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p3_lkid={!Case.Id}&p2_lkid={!Case.ContactId}&p26=xxx@xxx.com&template_id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&retURL=%{!Case.Id}","_blank","toolbar=yes, location=yes, directories=no, status=no, menubar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=no, width=800, height=650");

Hello all,

Thanks. 

Hi all, Can somebody tell me on how to integrate Salesforce with NetSuite.We have decided to go either with Dell Boomi or Jitterbit. I am new to this integration approach and have no clue on how to get this started. Are there any written approach on the installation, migrating data to and fro? 

Can you also suggest what was the better tool based on your experience either with Boomi or Jitterbit? 

Thanks a lot :) 

Hi,

I am new and learning Apex Development. We have a Developer interview and we are planning to ask him/her to code for the below-mentioned question.Can somebody show me how the code should look like and how can we check the solution for this?

Question: For a given contact record, check if there is an existing contact that > matches first name + last name + email address?

Thanks!!

Hello All,

Earlier I had a requirement where on click of a button a new pop-up window should open that displays the information. Below is the Javascript that I developed and which is working fine.

window.open("/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p3_lkid={!Case.Id}&p2_lkid={!Case.ContactId}&p26=xxx@xxx.com&template_id=00Y4C000000CFTG&retURL=%{!Case.Id}","_blank","toolbar=yes, location=yes, directories=no, status=no, menubar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=no, width=800, height=650");
Now my client says they want that button to open in a new tab rather than the pop-up. Can somebody tell me how to change my JS code to accommodate the new requirement?