• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Requirement 1:
From time to time we update Products and make them enable/disabled or change any other field.
We have about a few hundered products that are changed.

Right now we are using Apex script to update them which runs fine but it requires a developer to update it every time and run it over. Obviously we test it before running.
I wonder if there is anything we can do to automate it, any thoughts?
I am thinking if we have any data migration tool that will take a file and update the product but that will require another license.
Another option is to simply write an Apex code get the file in uploads and run the script.
Third is to create one Flow to extract data from excel to product.

Requirement 2:
During the testing sometimes a lot of data is needed to test if our test are passed or not say we are testing duplicate rules. Or any other part in reporting that requires data. or we have created new objects that require regressive testing.
How can we effectively generate some real like data.

Condition: We are not allowed to use Salesforce data-loader in any of the requirement as its open source. Please don’t ask why :) 

Any help would be much appriciated!

• February 13, 2023
Do we have anything to used for making wireframes and prototyping in LWC before actually doing the actual work. Just a visioning of how it would looks like and what is avialable to draw in LWC and Lightning design system.
  • October 18, 2022

Hi all,

Salesforce introduced URL hacking in summer 20 relase and that allows you to do like this for objects:

/lightning/o/Account/new?defaultFieldValues= Name={!URLENCODE(Account.Name)}, OwnerId={!Account.OwnerId}, AccountNumber={!Account.AccountNumber}, NumberOfEmployees=35000, CustomCheckbox__c={!IF(Account.SomeCheckbox__c, true, false)}

I want to know if there is anything we can do about popups? do we have any way to autopopulate Opportunities > Add Products > Select Products and now based on the selected product I want a field that is on Product page to autopopulate on Multi Edit Opportunity Product page.

Thanks,

• September 08, 2022

Hi all, 

Looks like we cannot add formual fields in Edit Multi line layout on Opportunity product.

Is there any solution of it.

• September 06, 2022

Hi,

I need to write some SOAP callout framework for making callouts to an old web service. Can anyone know if there is existing framework out there that manages things like session, timeouts etc.

• December 18, 2020
Hi,
I am based in relatively small Salesforce community and wondering if there are any better opportunities if I try to build my career in freelancing or work from home type jobs. Are there any job as a Salesforce free lancers/remote developer? 
If you know anything regarding that or can tell me anything please let me know. Also if anybody knows what area I should be profecient in as a Freelance Salesforce developer.
  • August 11, 2020

Hi,
I am trying to configure Salesforce DX on VS Code. In fact, it was working fine before the windows update. I was able to run SFDX commands successfully.

Now whenever I run any SFDX command it gives me failed to run message and in output window the error is TypeError: Cannot destructure property `underline` of 'undefined' or 'null'

Please help.
Many Thanks

• July 24, 2020

Hi all,

In platform developer II there are 65 questions and 5 of them do not account for the exam percentage they have zero marks. Can somebody tell me if they are the last 5 questions? or they appear randomly.

Thanks,

A

• March 04, 2020
Referring the Summer 18 release notes here the count() function does not count towards limits. To all of us the impression was it's not just count() method it actually applies on aggregated functions like Min, Max etc. To verify it, we tested it and ran an aggregated query on about half a million rows and tried to get min and max dates on our custom object. It ran absolutely fine without any issues. We thought it is actually ability to go beyond 50,000 rows limit in aggregated calls and implemented it.

Today, the queries that have been running quite well from last two weeks have stopped working and seems like this feature has been revoked. We are getting System.LimitException: Too many query rows: 50001 exception now

Just wanted to check with group if anybody knows anything about it or facing same challenge?
  • October 11, 2018

Hi,
I am trying to configure Salesforce DX on VS Code. In fact, it was working fine before the windows update. I was able to run SFDX commands successfully.

Now whenever I run any SFDX command it gives me failed to run message and in output window the error is TypeError: Cannot destructure property `underline` of 'undefined' or 'null'

Please help.
Many Thanks

• July 24, 2020
Is there any way to estimate the number of Queries per month in a salesforce instance?
I am beginner :  Not able to solve Trailhead challange for-Developer Beginner :Process Automation-Automate Basic Business Processes with Process Builder
"
Create a process to update child record when the parent is updated.
You've been given a requirement to keep Contact addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. This process:
Can have any name.
Must be activated.
Must update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) when the parent Account shipping address field values are updated.
NOTE: You may have to deactivate the validation rule for the Contacts object (created from a previous challenge) in order to complete this challenge."

What I had tried 
Deleted validation rule on contact  from previous challange.
 Using Process builder created new Process with below details
Object: Account
Criteria:'Update Address' with condidtion

Field: selected shipping street, city, state,postalcode and country
Operator: Ischanged
Type: boolean
value: true

Condition:
Any condition met (OR)

For Immediate action
Action name: Mailing address change
Records: Account.contacts
Criteria for Updating Records:No criteria—just update the records!

Set new field values for the records you update:

Field: selected Mailing street, city, state,postalcode and country
Type: Reference
value:  selected shipping street, city, state,postalcode and country

after this saved and activated. So Once I check challange got below error:
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated."

So Please help.