• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Dear all,

I am trying to use "Mass email" to send confirmation to customers when they bought our products. My question is about finding a way to create a view to select the customer but not only with the data from contact and account because the result of the sell is located in another custom object.

I'm using a free developer account with Trailhead but there is no option to switch to Lightning as described in the modules. Am I missing something obvious?

User-added image

Hello World  Solo Admin here, looking for some help in finding some free templates I can possibly use to mass email all of my users Happy Holidays. If you could point me to any resources that have the templates that would be great or some code. Thanks!
Hi,

How to send "Mass Email" using Visualforce Email Template. The Template wil have images, Screenshots and attachments.

Hi All,

Salesforce Email limits: 
The daily limit for emails sent through email alerts is 1,000 per standard Salesforce license per organization. This limit applies to emails sent through email alerts in workflow rules, approval processes, flows, processes, or the REST API.
single email limits 1000 emails per day per org send from a trigger / apex class / API.
We can send mass email to a maximum of 1,000 external email addresses per day per organization.

My customer requiremnt is sending more than 1500 email per day from salesforce. Can any one assist if I am sending first 1000 email via apex batch & rest email send via workflow (Workflow executed updating any field in finish method of batch) in one exceution. Please suggest is this a right way to achive my requirements? Is salesforce execute this code with giving any error?
Hi, 

In Campaign Object, I have 1 Field - Email template. In a Batch, I am processing a list of campaignMembers(from different Campaigns)
to send them an email with specified template. I am using  Messaging.MassEmailMessage and hence froth no Loop for Emails.

Problem:

Messaging.MassEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.MassEmailMessage();
    mail.setTargetObjectIds(LeadIds);
    mail.setTemplateId('00X30000001fOKk');
    Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.MassEmailMessage[] { mail });

Messaging.MassEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.MassEmailMessage();
    mail.setTargetObjectIds(ContactIds);
    mail.setTemplateId('00X30000001fOKk');
    Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.MassEmailMessage[] { mail });

This is currently taking Hard-Coded value.What I need is it for every campaignMembers record it should check the campaign's Email Template Field & sends the email using that specified Email Template. Loop does not works ! :-( 

Any help/approach would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Gautam
Hello!

Is there any way to check salesforce remaining mass email limit in advance? i.e. count of emails that I can further send through mass email today?

Or I'll got to know about this only when there is an exception while sending mass emails from salesforce? - MASS_EMAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED

Thanks in advance
What is best way to Mass e-mail?
Requirement

A)Send e-mail to all pet owners listed in the report "Geneseek Delay Mass Email" under CS Mgmt Reports :
Sample Mgmt using the e-mail template under WPLabDelayMassEmail under "MSS Customer Service".

B) Creates activity record under users

I tried the below process ( with limited success)

created a campaign
Add the report output to campaign
Under contacts->tools-> selected Mass email step
This is allowing me send only 500 contacts only

Hi Guys,

what is the limit of Mass Stay-In-Touch emails per day?

Thanks,

Bujji

• July 04, 2013

I have created a campaign and custom html email template.

To track the response, i have added

campaign id
First Name,
Last Name,
Account,
Member Status
Contact id and submit button using web to lead form.

Once i send the mail, if user clicks the submit button, My campaign is creating a new lead instead of
changing the particular Lead/Contact member status as Responded.

Can anyone help me about how to get the Responded status automatically?

My form as follows

<form action="https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST">

<input type=hidden name="oid" value="00XXXXXXXXXXXXX">
<input type=hidden name="retURL" value="http://www.salesforce.com">

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="I confirm">

<input type="hidden" id="first_name" name="first_name" value="{!Lead.FirstName}" />
<input type="hidden" id="last_name" name="last_name" value="{!Lead.LastName}" />
<input type="hidden" id="email" name="email" value="{!Lead.Email}" />

<input type="hidden" id="Company" name="Company" value="{!Lead.Company}" />

<input type="hidden" id="Contact_ID" name="Contact_ID" value="{!Contact.Id}" />
<input type="hidden" id="Campaign_ID" name="Campaign_ID" value="701XXXXXXXXXXX" />
<input type="hidden" id="member_status" name="member_status" value="Responded" />

</form>

• February 25, 2013
When I click on Mass Email Users.. I have this message Your organization's email privileges have been revoked due to non-compliance with our Terms of Use. Please contact your salesforce.com administrator or submit a case to have a salesforce.com representative contact you. Click here to return to the previous page. Can anyone help on this issue... Regards,

As I am new to salesforce , can you please help me out in writing batch apex?
Our requirement is to send a mass email to all EventUsers(child of contact) at specified interval of time.
Please reply ASAP as it is an urgent requirement.

Hi,

I have read documentation of email limitation. But still my doubts remain unanswered.

• What is the total number of emails that can be sent in a day - As far as I know it is 1000 per user. Does this include emails sent via apex(sendEmail), workflow emails, email sent through salesforce-through related list??
  • You can send single emails to a maximum of 1,000 external email addresses per day based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Single emails sent using the application don't count towards this limit.  - What is meant by application? Is it apexchange apps or through salesforce related list?
  • You can send mass email to a total of 1,000 external email addresses per day per organization based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). The maximum number of external addresses you can include in each mass email depends on the Edition of Salesforce you are using: PE 250, EE 500, UE 1000. - Is this applicable only for mass email? If yes what is the limit of number of external addresses in single email message??
  • Maximum of 10 sendEmail methods per transaction - Can sendEmail contain List of singleEmailMessage? If yes then what is the limit of number records in that List?

Kindly suggest me if you have any idea.

Hi Friends

I  need to send mass emails to my salesforce contacts or leads.I prefered to do this work through vertical response api

I didnt know the  vertical response mass email limitation in salesforce.If any one know  "how to send the mass email

by using vertical response API " and the limitation, please let me know me..

Thanks

Sundar

I want to send a mass email to all of my contacts in my accounts but I want to limit it to only the ones marked as primary in the contact role.  Is there any way to do this?
  • July 20, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to send mass email to a list of selected candidates. I have created the list as an Sobject and passed the email addresses to it. I am not sure how to pass this list to the target id in the mass email. Some examples would help me.

Thanks

Krishnadas M R

• April 08, 2009

Hi there. Is it possible to set an attachment for a Messaging.MassEmailMessage object?

I hope so!

Thanks

• February 15, 2009
Hello,
how can I create a mass email (custom?) button to a list view in a custom object list or in the custom object itself?
What I would like to do is to basically send a mass email to my registrants in my object "event" and or/attendees/registrants.

Many Thanks in advance!
Markus Bleichner
I am using mass e-mail JAVA API. The e-mail is sent to respective ids but attachment is sent as "HTML" instead original format of "PDF"

Any reason why API would send as HTML

thanks

Message Edited by SFDC Admin on 11-14-2007 07:44 AM

Here is my java code....hope that helps

MassEmailMessage[] messages = new MassEmailMessage[1];
    messages[0] = new MassEmailMessage(); 
    messages[0].setBccSender(bccSender);
    messages[0].setEmailPriority(EmailPriority.Normal);
    messages[0].setReplyTo(replyTo);
    messages[0].setSaveAsActivity(saveAsActivity);
    messages[0].setSubject(emailSubject);
    messages[0].setUseSignature(useSignature);
    messages[0].setTemplateId(new ID(templateId));

ID[] contactIds = new ID[1];

contactIds[0] = new ID(contactId);

//verify contact id is not null prior to attempting email
    if(contactIds[0]!=null) {
     messages[0].setTargetObjectIds(contactIds);

try {
        SendEmailResult[] result = sfdc.sendEmail(messages);
    }

Message Edited by SFDC Admin on 11-14-2007 08:00 AM

Since I get very little satisifcation from asking for another 'feature request' let me outline my problems with the current mass emailer in salesforce.com, the world's leading CRM.

The mass emailer in salesforce is very weak and a big disappointment to me.   While I can live with the 1000 day restriciton (barely) I find the work flow process for keeping within that limit below par and not in keeping with costs of maintianing a salesforce account and its reputation as the #1 online CRM.

I am posting this message to help other newbies and those considering coming to the salesforce platform to help identify this issues earlier rather than later because they may not be immediately clear to you:

Problem #1:  1000 a day email limit; 30 000 per month.  Thus, if you have 50.000 contacts you will be forced to use a addon such as vertical response which exponentially increases your monthly costs.

Problem #2:  For some reason salesforce has made it unbelievably difficult to actaully define your views in order to meet the 250 limit. I will give you some examples of this strange situation:

A.  Suppose you generate a report showing all you all customers interested in a certain product between two price ranges.   The report neatly spits out the list and gives you a total.  You would think there would be a way to simply 'mass email'. But no, no such feature. And, anyway, if your results were over 250 you would not be able to filter them into the mass email feature anyway.

B. Ok, so know you have to use the mass email feature found under leads, contacts and accounts.  However, if you attempt to add it to an existing campaign which has exceed 250 you will not be able to do anything.

C. Your only option is to now create a 'view' and do a filtered search outlined in A. Fair enough.  However, if you will first notice that salesforce provides absolutely no TOTAL at the end of the view. Thus, you have no idea if you have exceeded your total. 

D. Ok, so now you create view and you hit mass email and go through the steps.  At step five it tells you oops sorry you have exceeded your limit but you have no idea by how much.

E. So now you think to yourself how do I actually meet this limit in a way that makes sense to me and my multiple users? So this is what support tells me:

"Create your view and then add a condition which only brings back first names with the letter 'a'."

Ok, so this may or may not keep you under 250 for this view. But remember, if you have a 5000 contacts you wish to send a notification to you will have to create views for just about every batch of three later alphabetic letters. 

Can you picture the mess of views that would entail? Can you imagine trying to maintain these cluster of views for each and every user and then trying to do a follow up campaign?  Virtually impossible.

F:  Additionally, if you try to use their so-called great 'campaign' feature to tie in the mass email you will be faced with a whole bunch of manual procedures require to 'update' the progress of the campaign.   I almost call this section unusable.

Conclusion #1: Salesforce have made it virtually impossible to use the mass email feature in terms of their restrictions. It is cumbersome, confusing and extremely limitiing. They do not easily give you mechanisms to meet the criteria or adjust the criteria or even provide a simple total in the adjusted views.

Conclusion #2: You are forced to now use a third party to get out of this mess. But before you do  this consider that every time you send a 250 emails through vertical response you will be charged 100 dollars.

Conclusion #3:  On the face of it, the on-demand solution appears very promising and elegant. But once you start using the salesforce system you realise you could spend a fortune trying do simple little things like elegantly manage a small mailing or even control duplicates in the system.

While I understand that salesforce  have built a business model around on-demand they should be obligated to allow fundamental features in the system such as easy to use and understand basic mass emailer and additionally control 'duplicates' in the system.

Surely any CRM worth its salt should have this capability built in.

And, please, do not talk to me about controlling spam and the problems of a blacklist.  I am very aware of this issue.   At the moment I cannot even do one newletter to my entire database which currently numbers 50,000. 

This is the way I see things.  A company should use a third party such as vertical response or client house to do the mass corporate mailings. However, an individual user should be able to quickly and easily do a small maling to some of his clients. At the moment there is no reporting or adjusting mechanism to meet this 250 limit. It is quite simply ridicolous, clunky and messy.

I would be interested to hear other points of views on this.

Edgline

Message Edited by EdgeLine on 08-28-2006 08:08 AM