• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have to fields that I would like to autopopulate 2 fields: Issue and User Profiles from a web to case form on our website. However, they are both picklists and User Profiles is dependant on Issue. This is the html code that I have but it is not working:

<input type=hidden id="00N4100000JXp7G" name="00N4100000JXp7G" title="Issue" value="User Profiles">
<input type=hidden  id="00N4100000R4Zno" name="00N4100000R4Zno" title="User Profiles" value="Create Profile">

When I test it, I receive this error: 
Reason: bad value for restricted picklist field: Create Profile

Any suggestions?
  • March 22, 2017
Instead of using the reCaptcha, we have a web form that requires the customer to click "I agree to Terms of Service" button. I have created a field in Salesforce to map this to but I am not sure how to link them in the html. Here is the code I have now:

<input type="checkbox" name="checkbox" value="check" id="agree" /> I agree to Terms of Service

How do I get this to check of the box for this field in Salesforce? Not sure how to map this out. Thanks!
  • March 22, 2017
We have a pre-chat form hosted on our website to initiate the chat. However, if there are no agents online, I want it to create a web-to-case from the pre-chat form. Is this possible? Can't seem to find this anywhere.
Thanks!
  • March 15, 2017
Trying to build a form but need help with apex controller

I am trying to build a form that combines both account and contact fields. The form is for us to be able to track whenever a customer stops doing business with us. Sometimes it is the entire account and sometimes it is just a specific contact within that account.

When I try to build out the visualforce page it says that I need to have an apex controller. If there is a standard one that combines both accounts and contacts, what is it? If not, how do I build a custom apex controller?

I need to show the following fields on the form:
Account Fields:
Account Name
Corp ID
Territory
Reason Lost
Reason Lost to Competitor

Contact Fields
Contact Name
Title

Any suggestions on how to build this as a form would be really helpful. I have not worked with visualforce too much in the past, hence the confusion. Thank you in advance!!

• January 24, 2017
I am hoping this is possible. I need to create a Task-like layout to create Services. I would need to customize the fields but I need it to be similar to creating a New Task. The goal is to be able to tie a New Service to an Opportunity. In order to that I want to also create a button on the opportunity layout that pops up and allows user to create a New Service. How to I go about achieving this?
  • January 05, 2017
We have a pre-chat form hosted on our website to initiate the chat. However, if there are no agents online, I want it to create a web-to-case from the pre-chat form. Is this possible? Can't seem to find this anywhere.
Thanks!
  • March 15, 2017
Trying to build a form but need help with apex controller

I am trying to build a form that combines both account and contact fields. The form is for us to be able to track whenever a customer stops doing business with us. Sometimes it is the entire account and sometimes it is just a specific contact within that account.

When I try to build out the visualforce page it says that I need to have an apex controller. If there is a standard one that combines both accounts and contacts, what is it? If not, how do I build a custom apex controller?

I need to show the following fields on the form:
Account Fields:
Account Name
Corp ID
Territory
Reason Lost
Reason Lost to Competitor

Contact Fields
Contact Name
Title

Any suggestions on how to build this as a form would be really helpful. I have not worked with visualforce too much in the past, hence the confusion. Thank you in advance!!

• January 24, 2017
Hi Team,
We are facing some issues when it will create CASE record in salesforce. We have implemented Email to Case standard features is our production org. when we are sending email to particular mail box with copy of cc someone then as per designed case is created successfully in to Salesforce. But before someone reply from Salesforce, some body who's copied in that email, they started sending email using same email thread from outlook. So its getting generated new case whenever Salesforce receive email. Since no body reply back from Salesforce, so there is no ref number also.
Please find the below example for your understanding
Current Issues :
1. XYZ customer sending email with CC people and subject name as "ABC" to salesforce and case got Created Salesforce with Subject name as "ABC".
2. Immediately CC people replying to email message using same email thread in outlook.
3. Salesforce will receive one more email with same subject name as "ABC" and new case will be created.

Expected Solution:
1. Only one case should be created under same subject name as "ABC". Even though if Salesforce receive multiple email from outlook with same subject.
2. We need to capture the Email information from cc people. (Technically, we need to capture the Email message records not case record)
3. All Email Message should comes under same Case.

As part of the above scenario, I have wriiten some logic in before insert trigger on Email message object and i am successfully able to idenity the Same subject and delete the duplicate case.
Now my question, is there any way to distinguish the case other than subject. Also I have checked on Email Message object, it storing Email Headers. Is there any unique way to identfier using Email Header ??

Any help, really appreciate
thanks,

Hi Team,
We are facing some issues when it will create CASE record in salesforce. We have implemented Email to Case standard features is our production org. when we are sending email to particular mail box with copy of cc someone then as per designed case is created successfully in to Salesforce. But before someone reply from Salesforce, some body who's copied in that email, they started sending email using same email thread from outlook. So its getting generated new case whenever Salesforce receive email. Since no body reply back from Salesforce, so there is no ref number also.
Please find the below example for your understanding
Current Issues :
1. XYZ customer sending email with CC people and subject name as "ABC" to salesforce and case got Created Salesforce with Subject name as "ABC".
2. Immediately CC people replying to email message using same email thread in outlook.
3. Salesforce will receive one more email with same subject name as "ABC" and new case will be created.

Expected Solution:
1. Only one case should be created under same subject name as "ABC". Even though if Salesforce receive multiple email from outlook with same subject.
2. We need to capture the Email information from cc people. (Technically, we need to capture the Email message records not case record)
3. All Email Message should comes under same Case.

As part of the above scenario, I have wriiten some logic in before insert trigger on Email message object and i am successfully able to idenity the Same subject and delete the duplicate case.
Now my question, is there any way to distinguish the case other than subject. Also I have checked on Email Message object, it storing Email Headers. Is there any unique way to identfier using Email Header ??

Any help, really appreciate
thanks,