• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I am looking to create an automation that builds both the email content and the list of recipients in salesforce then makes a callout to Marketing cloud to handle the sending of the emails.

I am able to authenticate into marketing cloud but I am getting hung up on how/what to do to pass marketing cloud the information I build in salesforce.
I seem to be unable to find the processes or functions in marketing cloud I need to call to.
Based on the documentation all I find talks about "journey"s  but if I am looking to send one email to a group of people how can I do this through the API?

Any help is appreciated.
I am trying to build an rss feed email and having issues..

I am looking at the documentation here:
http://help.marketingcloud.com/en/documentation/ampscript/ampscript_examples/include_an_rss_feed_in_an_email_message/

I change the url to the xml of the rrs feed I need and I keep getting marketing cloud errors telling me ".... server replied ....403 forbidden"
I can navigate to the url of the rss and see the xml just fine. I tried puttin in other urls as examples as well witht eh same result.

What am I missing?
I have created a new SF org & successfully moved all data EXCEPT notes & attachment. From the previous org, I have Attachments folder & Attachment.csv file exported.
When I am trying to upload attachment by jitterbit, it is throwing the following error.
User-added image
In the exported Attachment.csv file (from previous org), BODY column is missing which is required in INSERT/UPSERT attachment operation for the new org. I am trying to migrate all Notes & Attachments from previous org to new org. The below screenshot is for a particular record (I need related Attachments for all records).
When I am trying to export only the Attachments using Data Loader from old org, but Java heap size error & export fails. The total size of the Attachment folder is about 158MB. Both old & current org are Salesforce Production org. 
User-added image
  • January 30, 2017
I am extracting Lead ID and Email from salesforce and updating an Oracle Table with ID if the email matches.

If I hard code email address then the update works correctly. 

<bean id="updateLeadSql"
      class="com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.SqlConfig" singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlString">
        <value>
            update VM_TDM.LEAD LEAD
               set LEAD.ID = @ID@

where
                  LEAD.EMAIL= 'Padraig.Acton@Prontomail.com'

</value>
    </property>
    <property name="sqlParams">
        <map>
            <entry key="ID"    value="java.lang.String"/>          
            <entry key="EMAIL" value="java.lang.String"/>            
        </map>
    </property>
</bean>

But if I pass it as reference parameter as below, then the update does not happen.

I am not getting any erros in either case.

<bean id="updateLeadSql"
      class="com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.SqlConfig" singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlString">
        <value>
            update VM_TDM.LEAD LEAD
               set LEAD.ID = @ID@

where
                  LEAD.EMAIL= @EMAIL@

</value>
    </property>
    <property name="sqlParams">
        <map>
            <entry key="ID"    value="java.lang.String"/>          
            <entry key="EMAIL" value="java.lang.String"/>