• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
1. I created a visualforce page
2. I created a component to contain some logic
3. I created a wrapper class to contain an instance of object and some related attributes, so that I could fetch and print a list of those objects in a dataTable/apex:repeat

Then, within the visualforce component:
4. I created a checkbox to rerender the page
5. Based on the selected value, it shows/hides the column containing the <apex:input> tag that references an integer attribute within the wrapper class

Behavior:
On checking/unchecking the checkbox, the presence of the <apex:input> tag referencing a wrapper class member causes the visualforce to crash

The same situation doesn't arise if the <apex:input> exists within the page itself, or if the <apex:input> is replaced with <apex:inputText>

Code sample available here: http://sfdummy.blogspot.com/2017/01/apexinput-in-visualforce-components.html

Appreciate any thoughts!
1. I created a visualforce page
2. I created a component to contain some logic
3. I created a wrapper class to contain an instance of object and some related attributes, so that I could fetch and print a list of those objects in a dataTable/apex:repeat

Then, within the visualforce component:
4. I created a checkbox to rerender the page
5. Based on the selected value, it shows/hides the column containing the <apex:input> tag that references an integer attribute within the wrapper class

Behavior:
On checking/unchecking the checkbox, the presence of the <apex:input> tag referencing a wrapper class member causes the visualforce to crash

The same situation doesn't arise if the <apex:input> exists within the page itself, or if the <apex:input> is replaced with <apex:inputText>

Code sample available here: http://sfdummy.blogspot.com/2017/01/apexinput-in-visualforce-components.html

Appreciate any thoughts!