• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
If you have Person Accounts already enabled and working and you have an existing Contact and an existing Account, can you somehow take these two and merge them, thus creating a Person Account?
Considering the following scenario:
Objects: Child__c, Parent1__c, Parent2__c
Relationships:
Child__c - Parent1__c (Lookup)
Child__c - Parent2__c (Master-detail)

I want to query for Parent1 and Parent2 (Many Parent2 will be related to Parent1) and I want to keep the relationship between them (introduced through Child__c). Child__c is just a junction object in this case.

I have 2 options:
Pseudo SOQL:
Select Child__c.Parent1__r, Child__c.Parent2__r from Child__c

or
Select Id, Name, ..., (Select Parent2__r.Id, Parent2__r.Name FROM Child__r) FROM Parent1__c

Because the relationship is not that simple, SOQL number 2 fits my purpose better.
However, I'm concerned of the performance of the nested SELECT statement.
So my main question is, are these cases optimized? This would be a regular JOIN in any SQL language.
Would I suffer any perofmance degradation in case 2?
Any reason to prefer option 1 over option 2 or vice versa?

P.S.
I tried using the Query Plan option on the developer console with the following results:
Nested SELECTs
Leading Operation Type: TableScan
Cost: 1.3
Notes: Not considering filter for optimization because unindexed. Table: Task__c Fields: ["IsDeleted"]

Adding a WHERE clause lowered the cost to 0???

No nested SELECTs:
Leading Operation Type: TableScan
Cost: 3.6
Notes: Not considering filter for optimization because unindexed. Table: Task__c Fields: ["IsDeleted"] 

If you have Person Accounts already enabled and working and you have an existing Contact and an existing Account, can you somehow take these two and merge them, thus creating a Person Account?