• 10 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to create a user record from a Custom button in Contact screen. Clicking on this button should display the New User screen with pre filled fields with values from the underlying Contact record. Since URL hacks do not work in Lightning I tried to create an Object specific Quick Action. But the problem is I am unable to select "User" object as target object to create in the quick action. Is it a limitation of salesforce? or is there an alternative approach to create a User record with pre filled fields? Please help.
I used to use the Eclipse Force IDE and I'm switching to VSCode/SFDX. When creating a project in Force IDE, you could specify retreiving "Apex, Lightning, and Visualforce (classes, triggers, test suites, LIghtinging component bundles, pages, Visualforce comonents, and static resources)" 
It appears the -m option of sfdx force:sourc:retrieve could alow for grabbing these same items, but what -m options do I specify? What options are necessary to retrieve new development items (Aura, LWC, etc)?
Hi,

Can someone tell me, what is the difference between Create Project and Create Project using Manifest? 
Is the latter used for non-dx projects primarily?

Thx
I want to take backup of my newly refreshed sandbox org. While doing so via MavensMate, it is showing oAuth error like below. 
Is this the issue for all newly created/refreshed orgs ??. 
If yes, I want to know how to take backup of org via vs code directly without mavens.
Thanks in advance.User-added image
So I'm learning apex via http://www.sfdc99.com/ 

Now he simple states, get a free dev org, i did that and then go through steps xyz to connect mavensmate...problem is mavensmate is no longer supported. 

So i installed all the packages need for visual studio code, but for the love of all things holy i cannot figure out how to connect it. Also whenever i log into my free dev org i'm not sure if im in sandbox or in the dev org, there's literally nothing different (other than one has less content).

I also have a corporate account, obviously i cant use the firms enterprise edition...
I am interested to use VS Code Extensions for development in VSCODE but what i see is everytimg you need to create Screach Org to start development. Is it possible to create project directly without creating screach org ? like we do in MavensMate or Ecplise ? 
I need to create a user record from a Custom button in Contact screen. Clicking on this button should display the New User screen with pre filled fields with values from the underlying Contact record. Since URL hacks do not work in Lightning I tried to create an Object specific Quick Action. But the problem is I am unable to select "User" object as target object to create in the quick action. Is it a limitation of salesforce? or is there an alternative approach to create a User record with pre filled fields? Please help.
I'm brand new to classes and controllers so I'm sure this is an easy fix but I'm getting an error of "Unknown property 'InventoryController.Inventory__c".  I'm just trying to start with some simple code to make sure I know what I'm doing - clearly I don't :)  I started with a Snippet from the VF Dev Guide.  Anyone give me a hand with this?

Apex Class
public class InventoryController {

private final Inventory__c inventory;

public InventoryController() {
        Inventory = [SELECT Id, Name, Year__c, Make__c, Model__c, Description__c, Price__c FROM Inventory__c 
                   WHERE Id = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];
    }

public Inventory__c getInventory() {
        return inventory;
    }

public PageReference save() {
        update inventory;
        return null;
    }
}

Visualforce Page
<apex:page controller="InventoryController" sidebar="false" showHeader="false">
    <apex:form>