• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, 

I am having issues with contacts throwing a validation error once a in a while. Usually, we can get the contact to save, but only by removing either the Mailing City or Mailing State. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to the behavior. I contacted support, but they couldn't help me because the issue seems to be related to Apex Classes. Here's what the tech said:

As i investigated from my end and i can see -
1. There are no validation rules for contact and account
2. No workflow related to field (mailing city)
3. But i can see that there are many apex classes related to contact object and you need to check those apex classes, as we are not permitted to make any changes in you org.

We don't have an internal developer. And while we do have budget for some external development hours, I am wondering if there is a potentially simple fix for this issue. Can anyone let me know where to begin troubleshooting? I know how to use a sandbox and could potentially start working things out there.

Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!
I created a simple workflow to automatically opt contacts out of email, mailings, and phone calls when they're marked as deceased. I've tested it, and it's working well. 

However, I'm getting an error when I try to do a mass upsert to trigger the workflow on all those who are already marked as deceased. Here's what I did:

1. Pull down a list of everyone already marked deceased. List includes Contact ID and the Deceased field.
2. Used Data Loader to update the contacts, matched on ID. The update should trigger the workflow.
3. Out of 1,650 contacts, I had 65 successes. The rest errored. Here's the error message:

The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 30170000000bpoL. Flow error messages: <b>An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow</b><br>An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow.  Please contact your system administrator for more information.  Contact your administrator for help.

Not sure why it's erroring in the first place, or why it would have thrown up an error for some but not others? Help?
Hi, 

I am having issues with contacts throwing a validation error once a in a while. Usually, we can get the contact to save, but only by removing either the Mailing City or Mailing State. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to the behavior. I contacted support, but they couldn't help me because the issue seems to be related to Apex Classes. Here's what the tech said:

As i investigated from my end and i can see -
1. There are no validation rules for contact and account
2. No workflow related to field (mailing city)
3. But i can see that there are many apex classes related to contact object and you need to check those apex classes, as we are not permitted to make any changes in you org.

We don't have an internal developer. And while we do have budget for some external development hours, I am wondering if there is a potentially simple fix for this issue. Can anyone let me know where to begin troubleshooting? I know how to use a sandbox and could potentially start working things out there.

Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!